The Seven Deadly Sins

Re: Nanatsu no Taizai

It's this one:
Diane.png

Diane_with_her_sacred_treasure_Gideon.png

1280px-Meliodas_y_Elizabeth_se_encuentran_con_Diane.png
I don't even know if she's permanently a giant, or even anything personality-wise, but she does look awesome!

And the other girl looks cute indeed. I really like the way the eyes are drawn.

Episode 1.
Action, promises of a giant woman and a talking piggy.

Redneck likes.

And you can even tolerate the Yuuki Kaiji MC?
This must be amazing.

Giantess...
If a person has the ability to increase their size massively, and their clothes as well, does that mean bacteria and stuff you've eaten also grow in size proportionally?
:pokerface:

He's a shounen protagonist. Of course he's going to scream eventually.

So it's already out? Good to know.

Giantess...
If a person has the ability to increase their size massively, and their clothes as well, does that mean bacteria and stuff you've eaten also grow in size proportionally?
:pokerface:

I hope she'll just be a giantess all the time, that'd be a pretty unique travelling companion. :love:

Episode 1

Could have done without all the weird groping and fan service, but apart from that it was quite fun I guess. I liked how they set up the 7 Deadly Sins as the bad guys and then pulled the ol' switcharoo, it's a bit of an old cliche, but for some reason I didn't see it coming until the last minute. Hopefully it means that they'll manage to blur the lines between good and evil well anyway.

The action was pretty shouneny, as was most of the episode really, and although I got some enjoyment out of this episode, I feel that it could wear thin quite quickly for me. I fear that Elizabeth will be nothing more than a permanent damsel in distress.

So i heard the subs for this were dreadful, so even though i want to see it, i might just leave it a couple of days to see if anything better pops up, since for once these are actual fansubs and not just ripped subs from CR/Funi with some minor edits.

They weren't terrible or anything, but there were a few grammar errors. And the subber thinks we need to know his opinion, cause he stuck a Translate Note in there calling it a Fairy Tail ripoff.

If you internet harder, you can download a good .ass file and chuck it in with the raws. That's what I did.

It's also relevant for the show when you see Elizabeth's outfit...

For those interested, there's already a release with good subs. I just watched it and didn't detect any translation or grammar errors.

Anyway, the episode was okay. Typical shonen flair with light-hearted comedy and flashy action, but it outlined the plot well enough that I want to see a bit more. The designs look even better in movement and Sawano's music is amazing as always - even though I wasn't immersed in the events going on towards the end, that folk/rock track still gave me goosebumps.

Only cringey thing was the fanservice, but not as cringey as usual, and hopefully they'll move on from that as the show progresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back