Guin Saga

Quizap

Guin Saga

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

I really really liked the first episode of this. It gave the mystery, it gave the story, and it gave 2 Berserk like fights in it.

Definitely sticking with this, especially after hearing the partial Latin song in the ED.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say it was very entertaining to see a man with god's strength and a leapard face beating the shit out of absolutely everyone.

Certain parts of the dialogue (Oh no! I messed up the coordinates) and Lemus were the only disappointing things present. Everything else was great. I'm definitely sticking with this.

I've always wanted to start the novel series, but seeing it has 120+ novels (not volumes) and only five are translated make me hesitant.

Last edited:

Really wish you hadn't said there's novels of this because I now have to look for them.. and add them to my search for kara no kyoukai and most of Juuni Kokki (already have the first 2 of this)

;_; sorry lol

It looks like you can get them off places like Rightstuf and Amazon. Are the Kara no Kyoukai novels even licensed over here in the U.S.?

First ep was really good. Except for...
Lemus. He was annoyingly whiny...Guin was awesome, though.

I've always wanted to start the novel series, but seeing it has 120+ novels (not volumes) and only five are translated make me hesitant.

120?!

...After perusing the wiki intro for it, I guess it's the longest-running series in the world...First five in English...after the series, I'll have to check them out.

I have it, didn't watch it yet, but it looks good. I read that it was an immensely epic novel, and I guess the 120+ novels are proof of that lol.

Looks like it will have a huge ancient Roman/Latin influence, I just read some of the characters in it, Remus and Rinda, seems very interesting.

So if there's that many novels, should we expect this to go well beyond the 26-51 episode mark? I really hope so if the quality of the show stays the same as episode 1.

was pretty good, Mr. Leopard head seems quite awesome. Reminds me of Utawarerumono since there's a guy with no memory and a strange thing on his face he can't remove XD

I'm surprised this isn't very popular. Just from the first episode alone it became one of the best this season. Wish subs for it would come out quicker. No reason for like 12 groups to do FMA and another 8 groups doing another and so on and so forth.

Guess I'm just aggravated that it's been 2 weeks and the third ep is already out.

I dunno Quizap, this anime still has a lot of prove and has fierce competition this season (namely, FMA, K-ON, and Eden of the East). I'm surprised no new episodes have come out, but not really at the lack of popularity.

It has some good backing (the books sound quite popular), but those don't hold much value here I don't think. It doesn't really have the major voice actor or studio appeal either (is it by a major studio?, I honestly don't know).

The first episode had some decent moments, but for me wasn't anything spectacular. I do wish they'd sub more episodes though, I do want to know where the story is headed.

I liked the first episode, and I'm becoming impatient since the second episode is taking too long to come out. The kids reminded me of the twins from Jyu Oh Sei.

first episode:

I hated Remus.

No one seems to be subbing past episode 1 but so far it seems like this could be okay I guess. Not really as cool as Berserk as someone mentioned earlier. There's not enough blood - where's my blood? and Remus sucks.. did I mention that?.. but yeah I guess that means he can be "developed."

*staying tuned

Just finished the watching second episode with a hall-mate and I'm really loving the series so far. All it needs is the time to delve into better story & character development and I can see this having the potential to hit my top 5. :smile::smile::smile:

Mother fdrifldljflds

I'd be watching/watched ep 2 already if ti wasn't for my friends being here atm >.>

Watched Ep 2.

I loved it. It was just as good as the first episode and the 3rd looks just as promising.

Ep 3

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome! Guin hasn't failed me yet in GAR. He's currently a 3rd place contender behind Gattsu and Kamina! The Crimson Mercenary seems like an interesting fellow.

I'm dying to see 4. I find this to be one of the best this season.

episode 3.

this is fairly bad ass.
remus needs a needle in the eye.
sacrifice him!!!!!!

obviously Crimson and the little sem monkey Suni are going to be joining our party. How the fuck did that red water dude kill Orro? Just splashed him a little or what?

Back