Soul Eater

Quizap

Just finished chapter 60.

Arachne is deaded! Finally, that damn arc felt soooo long and one of the most badass battles occured in it (Black Star's!)

Just finished up to 71. Like the FMA manga I feel as if things are getting too grandiose if you know what I am saying :/ I like the good number of the plot twists the manga offers over the anime, but I like the closure and struggle in the anime a good deal as well. Another problem with the manga I have is the over abundance of "important characters" and by that I mean the characters that are not important, but are being forced into it by suddenly being witches or obtaining some sort of unique ability that will be indefinitely useful later. I do appreciate Maka getting some love and not being nearly as weak as she was in the anime though :) However I do like the way Black Star settles things with the Natsusaka much better in the anime. You got a side story about his father and it just seemed 100x more epic. The fight itself was more epic in the manga, but the fight within goes to the anime ;)

Seven levels of hell in Eibon's book?! Are you kidding me!? That is gonna take FOREVER! They aren't even through level one yet! The sex change is funny and whatnot, but COME ****IN ON! You've gimped one of the main characters in a book for like 12 chapters now and on top of that they must go through a ridiculous trial to save this character?! I like the manga and I'm getting a good amount of research done (meaning the original story idea I had for my rpg is getting more and more ruined the more I read) but as I said, it's all becoming too grandiose.

Hmm, I'm up-to-date and the manga is quite boring at the moment...

I want to go back to

Baba Yaga Castle Arc

It was so awesome =(

Bleh... was hoping for more XD Ya think it wouldn't be hard to redo the seven circles (chapters) of hell

Re: Soul Eater (Manga)

I just read 75.

It looks like things will start getting interesting at last. This arc has been a realm of boredom so far. And really weird, too.

What chapter of the Manga first diverges from the plot of the Anime?
________
Vtx1800c

Last edited:

Souleater 77
WTF?! I have never been so let down in a fight before. Giriko dies from being too powerful? I think I would have been more satisfied if some random monster from the book just ate him/her/idk wtf to call it anymore. This was as much of a let down, to me, as the anime's ending.

Last edited:

I love the anime ending. No other way to end it imo. What, you think weak little Maka is gonna pull out an attack stronger than BS or Kid? Yeah, no.

Soul Eater 79-80

I swear, watching heroes and villains word battle is like watching Christians interpret the Bible. Noah is "strong"... but I still hate summoners! At least they are all out of that damn book. Kinda disappointed in Teddy Bear guy. He got one-shotted by some punk ass summoned creature. Disappointed in all of the teachers actually. Stein and Sid are supposed to be better than that, and Marie... you're lame XD

No other way to end it? How about Soul becoming a Deathscythe and then killing the Kishin with some Ultimate Attack? I just thought that they built it up so much just to let down the fans with some wimpy punch being the final blow. Anyways...

Chp 80
When did the entire student body at Shibusen became stronger than the teachers there? I thought that all the teachers were kick ass but now they are getting destroyed. I want to know where Maka, BS, and Kid got this amazing power up all of a sudden.

I do wonder what that Horadragon will be like since it has an entire graveyard on its back. Maybe BS and Kid will kill it and then Maka will punch Noah and end the manga :P

But it's true that they've got stronger, right?:D :smile: anyway, if they're growing, d teachers are growing older too, right? :d mmm...i guess d main 3 characters have to be ultra-epic...^D^~

Well the students are very strong, ie: Soul is a Deathscythe as well as BS and Kid being incredibly powerful (BS reconciled with clan, and Kid managed to complete one of the lines of Sanzu on his head). I wasn't disappointed the students were stronger, just that the teachers looked like pansies :/ two 3-Star techs, two Deathsycthes, and one weapon, and none of them could do anything, come on man!

Can anyone tell me what chapter I can pick up after watching the series (up to ep 40, where it breaks away from cannon)???

Last chapter:
I am quite satisfied, i didn't really like the anime ending at all(felt much like a cop-out) so this ending is quite an improvement. my only problem was
how easily Maka was convinced to leave Crona behind giving all the shit she have to get through in order to get to her.
but other than that i am quite content.

Could have been better, but the anime demonstrated that the ending could have been far, far worse.

Back