Sengoku Basara: Judge End

My-body-is-ready-hottest-actors-32269848-350-225.gif

Bring it on! WOO!

I'll probably watch it, but after it ends. I binge watched the other two Basara seasons and it was a blast.

Huh, just found out I didn't have the second season or the movie marked as watched. I did watch them both together so I guess I was just too hammed out and forgot.

Anyway, I'll be watching this at some point. Might try to go week to week with it but it'll be tougher to watch stuff like this on my own since Tents hasn't seen the first two seasons. Still, I can probably sneak 20 minutes a week to watch something fun and cheesy.

Yeah I did. It was alright but in a way I preferred the TV shows. Better antagonists and all. Obviously the film blew things out of the water animation-wise though.

Good thing for that animation bump. Cause the story for that movie made zero goddamn sense.

Not that I ever cared much for sense watching Basara, but yeah, even for its standards the movie was silly. Silly fun, though.

Yeah, the plots tend to be kind of dumb anyway. This show is all about manly ham, cheese and the over the top fights.

Episode 1.
...WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS HORSESHIT!?
What the fricking fuck happened to one of my favorite shows? This isn't even a third season. It's a goddamn alternate continuity. Which means nothing from season 1, season 2 or the movie matter. They switched up how Nobunaga died. The animation has been cheapened. The fight scenes...what the fuck did they do to the fight scenes!? This is Sengoku Goddamn Basara! There's supposed to be awesome music and fucking flashing lights of energy! That "fight" with Masamune had none of that. Speaking of...what the fuck did they do to Masamune!? He's supposed to be one of the biggest badasses in this show. But him and Kojuro go down like fucking chumps in the first fight!? Against MITSUNARI?! They didn't even get to the fighting until halfway through the episode! Sengoku Basara is supposed to open with a kickass battle! They even sucked the awesomeness out of the OP and ED's!

...FUCK!

Uh. That actually sounds pretty bad. No comments on the mentioned fighting since I haven't seen it, but lack of continuity + cheap animation... Yeah that's not SB's best interest.

I guess I'll wait for more opinions before deciding if I'm watching this when it ends.

I'm actually not surprised by the big downgrade in animation quality since it's not Production I.G. handling this anymore but a no name studio which I'd say is probably a big influential factor here.

That would explain the alternate version thing. The new studio is just doing its own thing with the license. I imagine the games' story outline is ambiguous enough that they can do almost whatever they want with the characters.

Will watch the show just for saika magoichi.

Episode 1.
...WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS HORSESHIT!?
What the fricking fuck happened to one of my favorite shows? This isn't even a third season. It's a goddamn alternate continuity. Which means nothing from season 1, season 2 or the movie matter. They switched up how Nobunaga died. The animation has been cheapened. The fight scenes...what the fuck did they do to the fight scenes!? This is Sengoku Goddamn Basara! There's supposed to be awesome music and fucking flashing lights of energy! That "fight" with Masamune had none of that. Speaking of...what the fuck did they do to Masamune!? He's supposed to be one of the biggest badasses in this show. But him and Kojuro go down like fucking chumps in the first fight!? Against MITSUNARI?! They didn't even get to the fighting until halfway through the episode! Sengoku Basara is supposed to open with a kickass battle! They even sucked the awesomeness out of the OP and ED's!

...FUCK!

As for the storyline and the defeat of previously said character I'm guessing they want to follow the game as much as possible. So they probaly will focus on Ieyasu and Mitsunari.

Last edited:
Episode 2.
I was hoping episode two would improve my initial reaction...that is not the case.
First off, Kenshin. Dude is supposed to be an honorable badass...and now he's an utter prick who picks on people who just got their asses whooped and flat out mocks Kojuro.

Speaking of Kojuro, he got bitched again.

And finally, Takeda Shingen. One of the underrated badasses from this show...goes down from a fucking heart condition! Shingen! The guy who should be creating tornadoes with a slap of his ax goes down without ever getting into the fight! RAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGG!!!
Fuck.

Episode 2.
I was hoping episode two would improve my initial reaction...that is not the case.
First off, Kenshin. Dude is supposed to be an honorable badass...and now he's an utter prick who picks on people who just got their asses whooped and flat out mocks Kojuro.

Speaking of Kojuro, he got bitched again.

And finally, Takeda Shingen. One of the underrated badasses from this show...goes down from a fucking heart condition! Shingen! The guy who should be creating tornadoes with a slap of his ax goes down without ever getting into the fight! RAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGG!!!
Fuck.

Well I get that people get annoyed that the characters they like don't get to act like they want them too but the anime is following the storyline of the game. So yeah some of the 'badasses' don't get to much of the screen time the viewers want them to get. (Hell are these sentences even correct... >.<)

Episode 3
Hell yeah Saika!!!! Love how they also worked the storyline of Maede Keijchi meeting Makouchi in the anime. It's one of my favorite storylines of the game!

Episode 3.
Talking.
Talking.
Talking.
Annoying moe-blob.
Weak ass "fight".
Talking.
Talking.
Talking.

The end.

*Sigh*

This show is gonna be lucky to even get more than a 1.5 at this rate.

I wondered why this seemed so different from the first two season - reading through some of the comments has enlightened me. When I saw this was returning, I didn't even bother to research it.

That said....it's different. It's definitely different, and I echo some of the character frustrations (such as Masamune's apparent ineffectiveness), and the plot changes, etc - however, I don't outright hate it. Not yet, anyway. There are things I dislike - but it's all been acceptable to me, so far.

Not going to make any irrevocable statements until I see a bit more.

Back