All You Need Is Kill

randomredneck

All You Need Is Kill
________________________________________________________________________________________

Kept noticing this thing on the manga site updates. And the powered armor drew my attention, so I gave chapter 1 a read...didn't except a 70+ page chapter, but whatever. Anyway, basic premise is
dude is stuck in some endless day loop that only ends when he dies. Think Groundhog Day, but with powered armor instead of Bill Murray.

Premise is interesting, and there's a lot of blood. I sense promise.

Chapter 7.
I had a feeling Rita was going to be involved in the Loops. This confirms it.

EDIT: All caught up. This is a good ass manga.

Last edited:
OK, you boys have intrigued me enough to check this out, despite its title, which would normally not attract me to read it...

Why won't the site let me record what chapter I am on/have left off at?

Guess I'll post here to keep track.

Chapter 1
Great artwork, although violent and bloody. Curious as to why his day/death keeps repeating on endless loop...

Its when chap count isnt clear
some are released in Volume's instead of weekly publication

Hence those use volume by default
since original chapter count and translated has usual good amount of difference,Mostly they are left due to this cause

Chapter 14.
Damn it. There would have been more pages for action if they didn't waste time with that morning coffee crap...though it did confirm Rita is a possessor of "Dat ass!"

All You Need Is Kill
________________________________________________________________________________________

Kept noticing this thing on the manga site updates. And the powered armor drew my attention, so I gave chapter 1 a read...didn't except a 70+ page chapter, but whatever. Anyway, basic premise is
dude is stuck in some endless day loop that only ends when he dies. Think Groundhog Day, but with powered armor instead of Bill Murray.

Premise is interesting, and there's a lot of blood. I sense promise.

Lets see:
The title. "All You Need Is Kill", implying that all the MC needs is killing or all that it has is killing or just about killing being essential and all that jazz.
Blood, perfect to go with killing and would be uncomfortable without.
Reading the spoiler: Power Armor.
So the guy kills with power armor and still winds up dead from a guy with a bigger power armor. In a constant loop of badass day to arguably badass death because of said power armor. A bit of spitballing with the first part but power armors, which means guns and giant knives and obvious badassery.

I'm in, even if there is no Bill Murray.

You didn't even mention that the first shot is a guy wielding a big ass axe. And then the next image, which
immediately killed the guitars of the first image.

That first page reminded me of Terra Formars and if it's anything like that then it'll get face punchingly awesome when the fights dropkick in.

Even though this has little to do with it, devoting earth's resources to produce power armor reminds me of Pacific Rim, where the nations of the world devoted their cash money to create giant robots to punch giant monsters in the face.

And Rita is just marching forward with a giant axe while everybody uses guns. So badass.

^ Stuff from first chapter as I was reading it, not done with it but it's got me in it's teeth. Thanks for posting about it RR!

Chapter 7.
I had a feeling Rita was going to be involved in the Loops. This confirms it.

EDIT: All caught up. This is a good ass manga.

I was so caught up on him being a total badass with a 200 lb face wrecker that I didn't even consider Rita was part of the loop. caught me off guard, unfortunately.

Anime when?

I read all there is for now (still considering to go through raws), and it grew on me so easily. I definitely wouldn't call it great, and there's nothing that makes it special compared to other war flics, but it's pretty decent in all departments I can think of. Or at least it's not doing anything wrong. It's fun as hell and characters grew on me...

hiyup, Naga approves.

Glad you're focusing on the females of the series :drinking:

Spoilers as far as the eye can see:

What I love about it is how
the main character turns jaded (To a point) and upgrades from a melee based 20 clip stake gun to a giant ass battle axe and a face wrecking tornado of destruction and death, only to team up with Rita and become a ass-wupping couple who constantly kick ass and take names.

Pretty much spoils the first 15 chapters, or however many chapters are out at this point.

Has anyone seen the movie ("Edge of Tomorrow")? I am planning on seeing it but want to know if it's worth it...

It's a mediocre sci-fi action movie. I haven't read the manga so I don't know how close it sticks to the source material. It's not a complete disaster like I thought it would be and it does have some neat moments and concepts. The problem is it isn't nearly as clever as it thinks it is. There are moments of cleverness in there, just not to the degree the movie would lead you to believe.

Pretty much the reason to go see this movie is to see Cruise breakaway from his good at everything hero routine and play a douchebag that dies painfully over and over again, during the course of the episode. The time travel thing makes for some plot holes, but they don't completely ruin the movie. Even better than Cruise Emily Blunt does a good job as his steely instructor.

If you like in the States then see it this week, because it is a flop at the box office. I think it is doing a bit better internationally but I don't think this one is going to be around for long for anyone to see in theaters.

So yeah, mediocre movie that's whitewashed the manga so thoroughly that I don't even see any typical anime or manga elements in there. However, as its own movie it might be worth seeing if you like seeing Cruise in pain or if you have nothing better to do otherwise I wouldn't run out to see.

Back