Chrome Shelled Regios

Lyzl

[sadht=Koukaku no Regios]Chrome Shelled Regios[/sadht][sadhl=2282]chrome-shelled-regios[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

First episode for this anime just came out.

I thought it was pretty mediocre, I mean, there was nothing that stood out at all really. Music was especially bad/mediocre. Will probably continue to watch just to see if anything interesting starts happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it so far, and were the show is going. It is nothing amazing but it is entertaining.

ep 2
Lmfao, they both hate him now.

I like it so far, and were the show is going. It is nothing amazing but it is entertaining.

ep 2
Lmfao, they both hate him now.

I agree with this. So far I have liked the first 2 episodes. Im actually looking foward to this show each week. One of the few this season.

Surprised there's not many comments on this one. It's pretty damn good. First thing that caught my attention in this series was the music. Really loved it. The background music during the fight scenes - wow. The OP and ED themes ain't all that bad either.
Actually enjoying this most out of all the Winter 09 releases. Very hard to comment on the story/characters as of yet. Actually...theres one exception, the purple haired chick is hot. :love:
Animation is nicely done. Characters so far are interesting. A small, but sufficient amount of comedy. I have no complaints. :)

is 3 enough for a synopsis? or do i need to wait for more?

Probably need to wait for more. The first episode was a flashback for half the episode. They are just now starting to explain the plot, but no real conflict is given yet.

Urgh. Since I'm doing the synopsis for this, I might wait for more to be out before I watch them.

The first episode nearly killed every brain cell I have left.

Just watched the first three episodes. Holy crap that flashback was abrupt.

Off hand I am reminded of:
Deltora Quest (Some of the art in the first episode + swords made me think of it)
Psychic Academy Aura Banshou
Gunparade Orchestra
and of all things: Shin Getter Robo: Armageddon
And every series that starts out in the future and then rewinds to the beginning
(I guess I will have to remember to write recs at some point)

Of course, this means that the series is decent, but not great. Hopefully, with new episodes, it will become more engaging, with a solid story.

I found it a bit confusing, with these flashbacks and all since they don't mean anything to me. Is prior knowledge required or something??

No, they were a flashback to when he was a heavenly blade. If you saw episode 3, it explained it. I am sure it will go into greater detail.

Found some good information that can clear up a couple things. I am putting it in spoiler tags, it isn't a spoiler if you have seen the first 3 episodes, if you haven't it isn't a major spoiler anyway (also, I cut off the last couple sentences which seem to cover the fourth episode). And I did not write this.

First scenes take many place years ago.
The setting is in Grendan, a colony(city) where the main character Rayphone comes from.
I think it's Rayphone's very first battle after he became a Heaven Sword.
(or a Heaven Sword possessor) It's an honored warrior position in this city.
The other people who are fighting are also Heaven Sword possessors.
The monster they are fighting are called Osenjyu (or Filth Monsters)
They normally eat filth but also take down coloneys for extra calories.
In this scene, the monster is in a matured form. (It seems they change forms like do bugs)
A named monster means something special in Grendan.
It means that the monster was not slain in a previous attempt, and has come back to attack again,
thus was given a name in the previous attempt.
I'm not sure of its name sorry.

The horrified guy is the student council president who comes up later.
He sees Rayphone here for the first time and is astonished by him.

In the next scene, Rayphone is departing from Grendan. This is the present time.
He was discharged as a Heaven Sword for dishonorable conduct, and only his childhood friend supports him.
Rayphone is now heading for Zerni, another city (colony)

Next scene, in the 17th platoon training room.
The cities try to kill each other off, for stuff like resources. So as a military unit they have platoons.
Inside the city they have inter-platoon matches. There's also the inter-city matches, which are war lol.

The academy here at Zerni has two departments which are general study and martial/military arts.
Those who are in the military arts are able to use the 'Kei' to fight.
Rayphone chooses to enter the general studies dept, after he was dishonorably discharged,
and tries to distance himself away from martial arts.

Restoration is what people keep on shouting when they make their weapons appear.
It seems by letting kei flow into their dites their weapons take form.

Cities or colonies are mechanical stuff. They need resorces to keep their legs moving.
That resource is called Serenium(or something). Without them, a city can not survive.
Those are mined out of mines, and inter-city battles are fought for mines.
Because these cities are mechanical, it has a machinery section inside to move its legs.
Rayphone will work part time here as a cleaner, and Nina also has been working here.

After episode 4, I must conclude this show has more going for it than the first couple of episodes led me to believe. I now think it's at least average in stead of just total trash. However, I don't think I'll be following it any further.

Episode 6:
It looks like Layfon is slowly building himself a small harem and will be getting a badass sword that is better tuned to his abilities next episode. Felli trying to cook was just rich. Nina was kinda getting on my nerves this episode with her superiority complex however.

Episode 6:
It looks like Layfon is slowly building himself a small harem and will be getting a badass sword that is better tuned to his abilities next episode. Felli trying to cook was just rich. Nina was kinda getting on my nerves this episode with her superiority complex however.

I hope it doesn't turn into a harem tho.. but I can't say it isn't looking that way after this ep with Layfon helping with the police girl.

Ep7 should be interesting. Maybe we will see some cool looking Heavens Blade moves with his new sword?
Is it Heavens Blade or Heavens Sword? They subs are saying one along with the wiki and Xennon said the other?

Oh ya does anyone else like the op? I think its kinda cool how its set up. I think it flows well with the song when it shows the copies of the characters part. Thats about it though

I hope it doesn't turn into a harem tho.. but I can't say it isn't looking that way after this ep with Layfon helping with the police girl.

Ep7 should be interesting. Maybe we will see some cool looking Heavens Blade moves with his new sword?
Is it Heavens Blade or Heavens Sword? They subs are saying one along with the wiki and Xennon said the other?

Oh ya does anyone else like the op? I think its kinda cool how its set up. I think it flows well with the song when it shows the copies of the characters part. Thats about it though

Heavens sword and Heavens blade are practically the same thing. Either or. The op is ok I guess. It isn't bad, but it sounds pretty generic. It isn't an op that I will watch every episode.

The funniest part was when he was cooking, and Felli was about to kick him, but stopped because he was holding the knife, I laughed pretty hard there.

I would like to say thanks to Taka subs for turning me on to this anime. I just watched an episode and found that I am interested in seeing others. I hadn't even heard of this and was surprised to see it being here...well, I shouldn't be surprised I suppose. This is AP and a great resource for listings. Either way, I look forward to seeing more.

Oooo, recomendations...what would a good one be...

Back