No-Rin

Deathly

[sadht]No-Rin[/sadht][sadhl]no-rin[/sadhl]
3SlZcCz.jpg
[sadhdc][/sadhdc]
Premiere: 11 January 2014
PV (SD only)

Episode 1 & 2:
Well, I wasn't really planning on watching this, but I'm glad I did though. It was actually quite better than I than I expected. It got somehow a Baka to Test-vibe. Figures though, both are produced by Silver Link. Instead of a school that uses a new rating system, this anime takes place on a agriculture school.

Last edited:
Hmm similar to Baka to Test? well... i guess i might give it a go, not really on my watch list but one more series wont hurt.

Was a bit shocked how they managed to turn the second episode into
a discussion about pants.
that was a unexpected but at least it was funny ^^

Hmm similar to Baka to Test? well... i guess i might give it a go, not really on my watch list but one more series wont hurt.
It's not really that similar, but it got a bit of the same absurd humour. They use the same animation style too sometimes.

Was a bit shocked how they managed to turn the second episode into
a discussion about pants.
that was a unexpected but at least it was funny ^^
I was quite surprised too. Her face at the end was priceless though. :P

If this continues to be about panties, this would be a good rec for Sora no Otoshimono.

Episode 02

I was not expecting that entire conversation about panties (that was, like, half the episode), but I surprisingly found the jokes amusing rather than something I'd have to tolerate and hope they move on. The teacher's an awesome character, and I enjoy the interactions between the pinkhair girl with the glasses dude because she's a tsundere for him, instead of the main guy (not often this happens). I hope the next episodes are funny too, with more teacher appearances.

Episode 3

The comedy was okay in parts, but the fanservice was rather tasteless on the other side... and the tropes at play here really have lowered my opinion on this anime rather severely.

Episode 3

The comedy was okay in parts, but the fanservice was rather tasteless on the other side... and the tropes at play here really have lowered my opinion on this anime rather severely.
I agree, episode 3 was indeed a let down. It's not particularly the humor that gets worse, but it's the fan service.

Episode 03

Indeed, I felt the writing was rather lazy in this episode, forgoing comedy in favor of cheap fanservice. It was a step down from the the previous episode and felt extremely generic throughout.

Episode 4
This episode was definitely better than the previous one. But honestly, I'm getting a bit tired of this anime.
Such a pity, it went downhill (tremendously) after the first two episodes...

Episode 5

Time for same manservice.

''classy'' manservice as close as they could get to episode 2?

How nice?

( what is the demographic of this series, even? )

anyway, it wasn't particularly bad. Just not very interesting either.

I'm not completely caught up with this one yet, but I'll leave what my thoughts have been on it so far.

From what I can remember, I enjoyed the first episode quite a bit. But since I haven't seen it in weeks and can't remember much about it, I'm omitting my thoughts on it from this post.

Episode 2:
I felt uncomfortable watching this. It was strange to me that it went from being a seemingly cute and funny show to being one where "the king" asks girls to step on his face and fights over the right to wash panties with someone who tried to offer him her own panties instead...
Overall: Didn't find it particularly funny to be honest, just strange. I've watched stranger, though, so I'm not too sure why it bothered me so much. I wouldn't call it bad at this point, but I also don't think I'd call it good.

Episode 3:
Kay...so, Bikini armor, a wedding dress, and...whatever that was Kei was wearing.
:laugh:
The wardrobes did get a couple of giggles out of me at first, but I became annoyed after a while of them being there.
Still, there was "Go home, please. You're Gross"
Probably one of my favorite lines in an anime, ever. Even though it's probably been said before, I laughed so hard when I saw it. The moment when Minori told the teacher to resign from school as soon as possible was pretty funny as well.
The rest of the dialogue didn't really do it for me, though. The jokes were pretty boring and fell flat.
As for the battles themselves, there was nothing particularly interesting/entertaining about them for me, (maybe because Ringo's deadpan reaction to all of the repulsive aspects of them made the outcomes quite predictable). And of course, the rice planting battle had to end in a mud fight and have all sorts of close ups...
Overall: Too much fanservice, too little fun. Fighting with my resolution not to drop anything I've picked up this season.

Episode 6

An above average episode for this anime. It was pretty entertaining and the new character is pretty fun in some regards. The mangaka making fun of themself was appropriate.

The way of drawing eye up close in this anime is still awkward to me, they seem rather flat and soul-less in my opinion which is somewhat distracting. Meanwhile the character designs are all over the place. Some character designs seem like an afterthought of sorts while others were more clearly intentional. The new Character joining this episode was rather over-designed compared to most of the cast, but in most other anime she could have fit in quite easily and her design was to my liking.

She feels me substantial than most characters introduced in the prior episode which is probably intentional as her character is basically being explored in this episode. While her character is not mindbogglingly complex in the least she isn't as flat that an episode indirectly focussed on her was a bad idea, she basically brought a breeze of fresh air that this anime needed to say the least, of course this anime is one I still consider very much sub-par, but in the ecchi genre you have a worse thing airing this season...

Ep1- 3
This show is too underrated. I'm loving how lively the characters are and how the comedy is self aware. It works so much. :love:

Episodes 1-4 -> It's not too bad, i wont say it's anything special but i wanted to fill another slot so (finally) got around to watching this, i don't regret it. I can't shower it with praise but i think it's accurate what i was told them weeks ago (kind of like Baka to test) so for what i was expecting it isn't all that bad.

Episode 5 - man service, xD

no it's not too bad though, i admit sometimes i grow a little bored but sometimes i laugh good, i will say it's mid line for me, nothing to brag about but not bad enough to fall into the "dislike" area. basically it's a bit stupid at times but that is part of the comedy, so it can be fun, though it does get a bit meh at moments.
i will watch 6 and be caught up... tomorrow i guess. I had to be set back when i saw HS use Funi, screw that, DF it was for me.

Just finished up episode 5.
I'm pretty sure this is the first one I've watched where I could come out of it saying I've been genuinely entertained by the series. I can't remember the last time I was able to laugh so much at an episode of anime.
Nice.

Episode 7

It was fine, not really mindblowing and the first skit was rather pointless and boring filler that amounted to nothing. But the rest of the episode was fine. We finally get some things about how Ringo arrived at the school explained in full and further character establishment. The comedy had it's up and downs like always but still was, outside the first skit somewhat entertaining on a basic level.

Episode 07
Like Etue said it is a decent series for comedy on a basic level. Really the thing i like for this series is it's just what it is, it doesn't usually feel too boring but it generally stays around "average", so it's neither too great nor too bad, i don't see this bad as true it could be better it doesn't really get bad and it is entertaining.
Anyway the episode was fine, Interesting to see developments around Ringo and why she is there, the comedy is like most episodes, enough to be entertaining without being too bland or special.
seeing them all fat wasn't too appealing as it just didn't go with them

Episode 8

Well there we have it, an episode mostly focused on the teacher. Actually the comedy was rather fine with me this time around. The separation (disparity? ) between the watcher and the students within the anime was probably rather great. The fact of the teachers age and behaviour is rather decent if cliche a plot setup. Overall it mostly hit home. The teacher is apparently really just a little shorter than Ringo is apparently while being quite a bit more developed as the second returning gag points out.

Overall the episodes comedy survives due to how ridiculous it is and not due to it's own merits and for this anime it's mostly fine. Still this episode doesn't save this anime from my stamp of average to mediocrity still being only just there without any further emphasis on it's existence.

Episode 08
i actually really enjoyed this episode.
I haven't really had any issue much with the comedy in the series, it's been decent but this episode did keep a smile on my face (maybe some sour look after she presented her "meal") but as a whole i found it quite amusing and a decent watch.

Episode 9-11

Well that stuff happened.

*shrugs*

This anime is just a mediocre comedy, it has many ups and downs and it's ups aren't exactly up to par.

Back