Michiko to Hatchin

DemonRoach

Banned
Michiko & Hatchin
Alt title: Michiko to Hatchin

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

I watched the first episode this a while back, and someone finally got around to subbing the 2nd/3rd episodes. It is basically about a mother who breaks out of jail and kidnaps her daughter who is with a foster family. I think it is faily interesting so far,...but maybe just because the monther is like a frickin supermodel or something...

Boo ya! I'm yo momma! Come sitty on my lap,...is what she is saying.

michikowm9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The first ep was promising, they really overdid the Cinderella effect, which imo wasn't a bad idea, it really made you attach more to Hatchin. Eps 2 and 3 were ok, but I expected a bit more. That doesn't mean this ain't a good show, This was the show I expected most before the season started so it has to meet the higher expectations than the other shows.

Hmm. I like this show so far, too. Reminds me of B-Train GWG animes only with more attitude and humor and less random occult weirdness.

Ep.4 spoilers

I would never risk my life for an ugly thing like this. What a waste of a hot chick. Beautiful girls are far too rare to be wasted trying to save ugly girls. Thats just my opinion.
fuglytn1.jpg

one of the best ongoing series right now. Manglobe keeps up awesome work. Champloo, Proxy and now Michiko & Hatchin. music, characters, art - everything is on top, and among all of this style - furious mix of disco, r'n'b, Latin girls and acid colours. can feel Watanabe-sensei in every shot.
most of all like Michiko's outfits. she wear different clothes every episode. want to switch my wardrobe with her :crying:

I just started watching this. I love it, just awesome. I love the older high budget look they are using - reminds me of Bebop stylistically speaking. I'd bet my left arm this will eventually make it to Adult Swim.

I've finished up to episode 7. I really like this anime, it does remind me of Manglobe's previous work such as Ergo Proxy, Samurai Champloo, and Cowboy Bebop. I wonder why more people aren't commenting on this? This is a very well done show. I am impressed

episode 5 was impossible to find subbed so I had to watch it RAW but at this point I kind of understand basic Japanese. I guess I've put enough time into anime at this point :)

Iv been eyeballing this series for a while now. Out of all the new ones this season it caught my eye. It just seems lively and interesting via the screenshots.

Iv been eyeballing this series for a while now. Out of all the new ones this season it caught my eye. It just seems lively and interesting via the screenshots.

My same reaction as well. Actually, I was sold on this the moment I saw this trailer. It's not half as action packed as that trailer suggests, but I definitely think this is a very solid series so far and certainly the best of those which I've sampled.

It's sort of like Cowboy Bebop without the science fiction aspect - stylish episodic riffs, cool characters, and there's this an overarching plot about our protagonists' pasts.

I really like this. I'd been anticipating it for the better part of a year when I heard the animation studios involved and that the Cowboy Bebop guy was involved with it.

Now that its out, i'm enjoying it. This isn't the reason why I like it, but damn, Michiko is like the hottest anime character ever drawn. Plus she wears alot of cool clothes and always has some nice shades on.

Ep 1 -
8 minutes in and I already want everyone in that family to die horribly.

Kind of the point, no?
I found it vaguely confusing - the father appears to be a Catholic priest, but he's also openly married. I'm not sure if I missed a detail here or the folks behind the show didn't give a damn about little details like clerical celibacy.

Either way scarcely matters - as stated, I'm really enjoying this series.

Finally got to watch episode 11. I'm really enjoying this one. Michiko looks like one of the Bratz dolls my niece plays with but I wonder if its supposed to show a contrast between her and Hatchin. hehe I'm probably looking into it too much though and she's just supposed to be a hot chick to drool over.

Anyways ep. 11
so happy to see the 2 girls back together!

Episode 12:
Even by the standards of this show, Deus is plain weird. And some trippy imagery.
And with some Cowboy Bebop spoilers:
Looks like we're actually going somewhere with the Hiroshi plot too, now that he's apparently revealed to be a soap actor. I had expected that to not really resolve itself until near the very end, much like Julia in Cowboy Bebop, so I'm wondering if they're just hinting at the new direction for our characters to go in for now.

A fairly good episode overall, as in previous installments the series relies on the sometimes funny, sometimes tragically pathetic antics of its leads.

whoa what a realistic and down to earth ending. Not talking about the very end, but the last bit that lead up to the end. Was pretty depressing in a way.

I definitely didn't see all that coming...

Have to say i really enjoyed this series the ending was great. And the whole 80s Brazil theme was freakin awesome very different from traditional anime.

Back