Special A

VivisQueen

Special A

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

So, wow. How much do I NOT like Takishima? He shares that whole arrogant genius thing with Irie in Itazura na Kiss (blatant rec here), but damn it, he looks more annoying.

EDIT: After only the first episode, it comes across like a wannabe Ouran, actually (another blatant rec).

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: After only the first episode, it comes across like a wannabe Ouran, actually (another blatant rec).

Hah, that's pretty accurate. Was thinking the same. Been promising myself I would watch pretty much every show this spring, but shows like this who lack orginality and just feels "decent" makes me rethink. Then again, maybe I shouldn't rant, I haven't seen that many episodes.

Episode 2:
That wrestling match was inane.

Episode 3:
The rice cannonball was quite funny.

This is a very average show - part of its problem is that the comedy is just too overcooked. I'm enjoying Itazura na Kiss much more. If I don't drop it, it'll be just because I want to review it. Lol.

*pokes on the wall*
I like this show, maby becouse I haven't seen so many animes yet and become so picky ;P

I can aggre with that it's very simelar to Ouran, but that's why I like this serie so much :3

Was I the only one who thought that Takishima's dad was kinda creepy. Still that episode was the best so far.I like how Takishima cares for Hikari and all she can think about is beat him.These moments are the best.

Episode 5:

The Festival contest is priceless. The fact that Hikari finally realizes that the Festival and everyones enjoyment is much more important than competing with Takashima for once shows some character development. As always the Special A students are all hilarious if a bit shallow in personality. Also Hikari in a Yukata actually makes the normally 'Kate Moss stick figure long legged' character designs seem almost normal in proportion. The art at the end of the episode is particularly gorgeous.

Highly recommended episode.

I am enjoying this show so far. I actually never even thought about the fact that it is aimed at girls until a friend pointed that out to me today. Typically, the women characters I have seen in those types of shows are all starstruck by guys 24/7 and it is generally annoying. This show doesn't seem to have almost any of that. It is just one ridiculous thing after another. Which is ok by me because lately I seem to be embracing the ridiculous.

Yeah, the shows were the guys are gaagaa over the girls is targeted at girls, and the shows where the girls are gaagaa over the guys is targeted at guys lol.

Also I really did not like the first and second episode, but the following episodes are pretty good actually.

I think the show is just "okay". It doesn't really measure up to other similar high school romance comedies. Only watching it as this season doesn't have much that's outstanding.

I watched Ouran recently and I am considering dropping this but I will watch the next few episodes out of duty 'cause I started enjoying Ouran after 12 episodes,so who knows it can magically get better in my eyes.

dont like the character design...
usually i like girls with long legs, but here a line was crossed and it suddenly becomes gross
also i m usually not so much into the school romance kinda stuff.

aww.. hated the ending in episode 11
How ever, anyone know the name on the song/band that was playing while the were riding the motorcycle?

i'm really loving how this anime is going, i've been laughing so hard over the last 11 episodes and the ending of episode 11

Where Kei takes Hikari away in the helicopter for his "day with Hikari"

made me giggle like a school girl

It's mix of Ouran and Fruits Basket imo, and not a great mix to be honest. The whole "I'm his rival" theme is starting to getting on my nerves. This anime put more focus on romance than OUran, while execute this romance poorly
I mean come on... Hikari not realising anything after all the situation she and Kei have been in, seems only like an artificial prolonging of the series.

It's mix of Ouran and Fruits Basket imo, and not a great mix to be honest. The whole "I'm his rival" theme is starting to getting on my nerves. This anime put more focus on romance than OUran, while execute this romance poorly
I mean come on... Hikari not realising anything after all the situation she and Kei have been in, seems only like an artificial prolonging of the series.

That was certainly the point in the beginning of the series but not at recent. In fact for the past 4 or 5 episodes he told her he liked her. Also, last episode, she knows now that she has feelings for him, whether there going to develop a relationship in a couple episodes or till the last one is something I wanna know though, and I hope it isn't the latter.

its alright. not much to complain about. at least it kept my attention. -_- i'm not a big fan of high school comedy exception ouran high. special a other than "alright" is nothing more....

ep 16

Only three pics describe this episode.
*Inside Hikari's mind, this is what's going on*
barbecue1.jpg

barbecue2.jpg

barbecue3.jpg

And lol
They gave Jun a rape whistle

*edit* Was to lazy to edit the pictures.

I thought 16 was one of the better episodes so far. It's a fairly bland show, but manages to be somewhat entertaining. The hook this episode could have really been played up more. Hopefully in a future episode.

Back