Animal Crossing

Greyfass

Animal Crossing Movie
(a.k.a. Doubutsu no Mori)

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I was browsing through YouTube and playing Animal Crossing on the DS, so i thought it would be fun to do a search to see if anyone made videos with the game. To my surprise, there is actually an anime movie of Animal Crossing. No subtitles, so I couldn't understand any of the words, but it seemed like a very cute movie about a girl who moved to a town full of anthro animals and develops a strong friendship with a female elephant whose name I cannot recall, and Rosie, a blue furred feline. It's definately geared towards children, but it looks like it's a really good movie. If I can get ahold of a subtitled version, I'll be able to pry request it to be added to the ever growing list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Animal Crossing movie

I've watched it and it wasn't really all that great. Makes me think of a cross between the old Moomins anime and the Mario Brothers cartoon.

Granted, I don't know the backstory to Animal Crossing so I assume I might like it more, or think it's a horrible adaptation, a la Higurashi, Fate/Stay Night, etc, if I knew the story. Hell, I didn't think there was a story. I thought it was a lot like the Sims meets Harvest Moon meets SimCity.

By the by, I've run across a subbed version of this many times before so it should not be hard to find.

Back