Jormungand: Perfect Order

randomredneck

Jormungand: Perfect Order

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

Yay, season 2 is here.

Episode 1.
Well, that explains the rockets. Some kinda crazy, satellite tracking deal or something. Ambitious. I almost forgot R was working with Dilbert there. Asshole. And psycho, hot, CIA killer lady...I like her already.
And the music is still the same for the previews. Nice.

Last edited:
Episode 1:

And it continues, nothing much to say yet. Hex seems like an interesting antagonist but also one that's very much this series standard antagonist for now. I don't care much for the new opening and the revelation in this episode about one of the crew doesn't really feel that important.

Finally get to see why the rocket played such an important backdrop in the opening scenes of the first season.

Also seeing Karin back, but as Dr Minn's secretary is pretty good. Watching her clash against Valmet was fun.

Episode 2.
Just more background. Background stuff I'm not exactly thrilled about. I don't like seeing a character portrayed as a killer psycho, because her husband died in 9/11. Seriously Japan, not cool. Anyhow, looks like big action set for next episode, so not much more to say here.

On a secondary note
almost weird to see Koko(Albeit kid Koko) all panicky like that. Guess she wasn't always so calm under pressure.

Episode 2
I'm just impressed as how Bookman, saw or whatever he's called can eat like some big shot. The animation did well portraying that... :pokerface:

Episode 2
I like that they go into why she always has a smile on her face. mainly because of a soldier she lost, being that of Echo.

Episode 3.
And thus Hex learned the consequences of killing a member of Koko's team. A rain of hellfire from the sky. Still, I was hoping she'd stick around as a recurring villain...this show seems deadset against that happening to bad guys I notice. Eh. And good riddance R, you bland spy bastard. Though I will admit, his parting shot was boss. Right down her scope. Boosh.

On a secondary note
Bookman is a seriously bad dancer...

Finally got through the first season and this one looks to be even better than the last.
I had to laugh at
Hex's demise, initially I figured it would be Bookman getting rid of her, but damn, Koko be loco indeed...

Some friends of mine wouldn't stop recommending this to me, so I sat down and watched all of Jormungand and the episodes of Perfect Order out so far in a single sitting. I'm glad I did.

That is extreme payback for killing of her own. The Princess is definately not to be messed with. Out in the middle of nowhere, and then B-52 Bombage! That is..well damn, that is one way to get rid of someone

Episode 4.
Breather episode. Yawn...that's pretty much all I got to say here.
Curious about who the likely psycho with the cat smile is though.

Episode 4
I do love me some Chiquita. The skull bandanas were a nice touch as well. The villain for this seems interesting although I think Hex should have stuck around a bit more. Ah well.

Episode 5.
Pretty dull, especially that annoying long bit of exposition Tojo gave there. Can't blame Jonah for passing out like that. But dang, it picked up there at the end. I thought Cat Smile there had Kasper for a second. Too bad she was out-awesomed by Chiquita. As was the whole freaking assassination squad...that bitch is scary.

Slightly disappointed the attack wasn't on Koko's group but it seems to be the next episode for now. I will say for how many peeks at the Cat Smile chick there were, she died pretty quickly. Episode 3 gave me a surprise though. I thought they were going out of their way to paint Koko as already emotionless, or rather just superficial ones. Hope to see more along these lines...Though no Jonah dieing. I refuse to see a character who shares my name die!:...:

Episode 6.
...That's it? Seriously? Hinoki tries offing all of them, and he gets away scot-free? What the eff? I wanted to see the fucker get capped. Ugh. That aside, Jonah was oddly adorable this episode. Especially when Hinoki's kid latched onto him. Boy's got swag.

Episode 7.
Wile's turn to ride the backstory train. Never expected the bespectacled black guy to be a mad bomber/demo expert. But damn, if it wasn't awesome. Sending their own bomb back at them strapped to their own president, and disarming their IED's all cool like. That and the utter ownage of the rest of those Excalibur guys was boss.
Awesome episode.

Episode 7
Episode was great. Also towards the end where Wilee kinda looses his cool concerning Jonah and Jonah's take on not missing any of his classes was priceless.

Episode 8.
Title drop. That means whatever Koko is planning(I'm guessing it involves the HGG System) is gonna be big. Other than that, slow episode. Little disappointed that a hot spring was mentioned, and I saw no Valmet in them...gyp.

Jörmungandr, also known as the "Midgard Serpent" or the "World Snake", in Norse Mythology is said to be able to wrap around the world and grasp it's own tail, but the world will end if it lets go. The fact that "Jormungand" was called a sarcastic name for Koko's plan makes me very intrigued in what it might do.

Episode 8
Karen and Milde. Poor Milde, got trounced by the secretary Karen. I did sort of like that it was a whimsical like meeting this and that, setting up the scene for HCLI's massive plan to be put forth

Back