Minami-Ke Okawari

ingrey

Minami-ke Okawari

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I thought I'd put up a discussion thread for this show. The first two episodes are already subbed. It's more of the same goodness as last season, and I'm hoping to see more of Kosaka because he's awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the humor in both the original series and Minami-ke Owakari, but I'm only slightly turned off by the production values. Anyone know the reason why they switched companies? I know that when it was first advertised, Minami-ke Owakari was not intended as a second season, but rather a different take of the series overall, so I'm not sure how that may come across to some.

The second episode actually sat better with me than the first overall. More of the same situational humor :) And yeah, Kosaka is really crazy. I love Kana and Chiaki always going at each other, it's so much fun watching them :P

I liked the humor in both the original series and Minami-ke Owakari, but I'm only slightly turned off by the production values. Anyone know the reason why they switched companies? I know that when it was first advertised, Minami-ke Owakari was not intended as a second season, but rather a different take of the series overall, so I'm not sure how that may come across to some.

The second episode actually sat better with me than the first overall. More of the same situational humor :) And yeah, Kosaka is really crazy. I love Kana and Chiaki always going at each other, it's so much fun watching them :P

Yep, Kana and Chiaki both have great personalities. It's pretty amusing how Chiaki acts down to Kana, despite Kana being the older one.

Is it just me or did their apparment also change along with the animation :S. Don't remember their house ever being that big

I think it would take some time for me to get used to the new animation (the hair colors are just ... )but all the other elements are there . It's good that Ayako decided to sub this .

I'm looking forward to watching this, I'm going to watch the first two episodes soon, I'm not sure what to expect though because many people says that its not as good as the first and not worth watching.

But i still am and i'll hope it will be good :)

Personally I liked the first one better. This second season seems a bit less coherent. And the characters have subtle differences in how they interact with eachother, it just doesn't seem quite as fluid as the first one.

Is it just me or did their apparment also change along with the animation :S. Don't remember their house ever being that big

The whole productive studio changed, just the voice actors stayed the same. By its core, it's a totally different version of the anime adaptation. Personally I do not know which one is closer to the original manga version, the first season or okawari, but in my opinion the prior was better.

I just finished the first season and im watching now okawari, it seems good, I was laughing out loud with the first episode, when they all go to take a bath. The animation and everything is quite different from the first season, guess we'll have to watch the whole season so we can decide wich one was better, I don't like the hair colors, but oh well.

I have to agree that the haircolors are much worse. And their movements are made in a completely different fashion. A turn for the worse imo. The jokes pretty much stay the same...but it just feels like it's executed much more poorly in this season, although it could just be myh imagination.

What more can I say, the previous season is much more acceptable, probably a cause of the artwork change. The storyline slowly improves and the comic humor is still on the same level of laughter. As I follow the series, almost all characters are involved in every cycle of the Minami sisters' life. It is still great though even it is still lack in some way or another.

I have to say that the artwork isn't bad. While I usually prefer a show to stick to the manga source, I found that the blandness of the artwork in S1 was one of the reasons I found the show boring. However, that does not mean I'm in love with S2's art. I don't really like how Chiaki's ahoge has become more of a sentient being, and I wish they would've discontinued the onigiri mouths on the girls. I also don't like how the apartment has been redesigned.

Overall, I don't necessarily feel S2 is better or worse than S1. It's different, and yet more of the same. Which is a good thing.

Back