Rinne no Lagrange 2

And I was just thinking about starting a thread.

Episode 13

Return to form for good and ill.

The animation continues to be top notch. That moment where Lan and Kyono meet again is sold beautifully.

The shtick this episode about the school, sweaters, and the aliens hosting I could take or leave really. As I've said elsewhere this show's had good comedy but this was more of the mediocre fare it's also had.

I'd be surprised if Lagrange ever leaves Kamogawa, or if Kamogawa's ever very changed - there's been a string of mecha battles here, an intergalactic conference coming up and yet besides a couple of La Graniters in the cafe it doesn't change much.

Guess there's not a lot else to say here - given that we start with Lan and Muginami fighting (and clearly a missing history here we'll get filled in on) the show's gonna hit us right up again with that teen angst that formed the dramatic underpinnings of the first season.

I expect Muginami doesn't want Kyono to pilot Vox Aura because of her apparent renewed allegiance to Villaguilio (who is clearly a more laissez-faire commander). Secondarily it's possible the world-destroying thing is also an issue, but with Lan and Muginami at loggerheads I'm not sure Vox Aura could have that pwoer on its own (or do Vox Aura, Ignis and Lympha need to be on the same side for this to work? Hmmm).

In this anime's world it's been a long time since the conflict shown in the first season ended (although not permanently). So I only have 1 question: why the f**k is the blonde guy (former Giuvigiuvaro's underling) still wearing a maid outfit???

Episode 13.
Back into it - and played out as expected, which is just fine. A new reason/conflict needed for Madoka to be able to pilot Midori once again. Yep, I'm sure we'll be filled in with the missing back story of Muginami and Lan's conflict whilst they were away from Kamogawa.

Looking forward to seeing how this series does pan out.

And I was just thinking about starting a thread.
I'd be surprised if Lagrange ever leaves Kamogawa, or if Kamogawa's ever very changed - there's been a string of mecha battles here, an intergalactic conference coming up and yet besides a couple of La Graniters in the cafe it doesn't change much.

I expect Muginami doesn't want Kyono to pilot Vox Aura because of her apparent renewed allegiance to Villaguilio (who is clearly a more laissez-faire commander). Secondarily it's possible the world-destroying thing is also an issue, but with Lan and Muginami at loggerheads I'm not sure Vox Aura could have that pwoer on its own (or do Vox Aura, Ignis and Lympha need to be on the same side for this to work? Hmmm).
Well, great minds think alike valondar :).
I agree, I do think the core setting will remain Kamogawa. I thought for a while we may venture more into space and it still could, but I imagine the majority of the conflict will occur on earth.

There will have to be some event which bring the three together again so they can facilitate this world destroying aspect (or is it?!), I'm fairly sure it requires all three mechs based on their weird synchronising or whatever it was at the end of the first season.
In this anime's world it's been a long time since the conflict shown in the first season ended (although not permanently). So I only have 1 question: why the f**k is the blonde guy (former Giuvigiuvaro's underling) still wearing a maid outfit???
I actually find it quite titillating.
:troll:
Ha, I suppose there needs to be some sex appeal for female viewers.

Glad this anime's back!

Ep 13
Animation still looks great! Characters didn't change in appearance, which I don't know why, but I thought might happen.

Lan's mind probe... I didn't enjoy that scene. If it did change her personality, I would be VERY upset. Those guys are on much better terms than I expected, and I REALLY wish he would stop wearing that maid outfit... or at least stop enjoying it so much. And Madoka saves someone from drowning for the millionth time. I would really like to know what Muginami is doing... also why she is the only one with a cape...

Episode 13
Yay, Lan came back. And so did Mugi...to kill Madoka...not the best way to start a reunion off, is it? And if the small bit of him I saw is any indicator, Lan's brother is a total A-Hole.

On a secondary note
like the new look Villa is sporting.

why the f**k is the blonde guy (former Giuvigiuvaro's underling) still wearing a maid outfit???

He likes it too damn much. Hell there was a bit last season where Array was boasting of his credit card and one of his companions asked him why, if he could buy anything, he hadn't bought a new outfit.

On a secondary note
like the new look Villa is sporting.

Anything's an improvement over his ridiculous season one look (though I liked it was ridiculous on purpose).

I will probably not pick this up until the movie is subbed, because I'd be missing part of the history of what happened between season 1 and 2. I hate the fact that I have to wait for the movie to be subbed though. Sadness. I really dislike it when movies are part of a series canon especially when placed in between seasons.

^ What, really? I didn't even know there was a movie in between seasons. Hopefully that does get subbed. Though they did at least give some information this episode as to why Lan and Muginami are in conflict.
Basically, their brothers are wanting to avoid an orbital collision between their planets. Lan's brother seems to be the most antagonistic of the two. He didn't mind putting Lan through those 'dangerous' experiments last episode.
Episode 14.
Seems that the only thing capable of preventing inter-planetary conflict is Madoka’s overwhelming positivity. Which is tops.

But really, perhaps the secret to preventing the orbital collision is to be found in that research being conducted I’m thinking.

Great yuri scenes and the boy trio also added a few laughs this episode.

Episode 14.
Hot diddly damn, that was some episode. Madoka was straight awesome, what with the clothes-lining, and actually swimming all the way from Pharos to the mainland. But, the best part, of course...
Yuri kisses! I am a happy boy tonight...
oh, and Lan and Mugi's planets are on a collision course...

Episode 14
These plot-heavy episodes, which connect the show's focus on teenage girl angst to possible planetary destruction, are one of the reasons I follow this show. Definitely interested in the direction it's going here with automatic, mutually assured destruction. Building on what kargarus noted, I think what the episode is hinting here about the Vox power is that if it holds amazing destructive power, perhaps it also holds amazing constructive power - I don't know, build planets, repair stellar orbits, some interstellar hat trick to end this war problem.

As far as the two brothers go, well, Villagiulio is someone who had been pretty obviously established as a villain last year, even if we're seeing a softer side to him now. Dizelmine is kind of going to the reverse - the La Garite people were introduced basically as semi-benevolent allies last year, but then the show started slowly suggesting they have some vague, underhanded agenda that has something to do with the Vox. The revelation here - that, if we believe Vllagiulio, Dizelmine is willing to destroy De Metrio to save his people but Villagiulio will not countenance planetary genocide - the reversion is complete.

Another random note: Last year the series described Villagiulio as a renegade De Metrio figure, unaffiliated to the planetary nation. He's either worked his way back into their good graces or the Le Gariters have been fibbing a bit - or both, either, possibly I missed something (the movie?) who knows.

Last edited:
Episode 15.
Well...that went from comedic, to creepy in a big hurry. I was laughing my ass off when Asteria went on that(Sadly muted)rant. Poor Lan looked like she was gonna pass out...then, the whole, Eldritch Abomination blood thing, and...Yuirkano is alive?! What the eff...

Episode 15.
An interesting episode. We have our usual banter between the three in the midst of a festival in the first half and then experiments on the Vox to determine and gather information on its powers.

I agree with redneck that Asteria's rant to arouse Madoka was funny. The Commander's (? forgotten his name) 'over 18' remark got a laugh out of me too.

The implications of Madoka's experience during the experiment was wtf inducing. First the virgin talk, perhaps a sexual awakening, followed by (as stated by the girls) images of blood. Was Madoka symbolically de-flowered? Hmm.. Not sure what the writers are trying for here. But will be interesting if we do eventually learn the true history of the Vox at some stage and see if this all fits somehow.

Anyway, the plot rolls on and the brothers will be back in town next week.
Episode 14
I think what the episode is hinting here about the Vox power is that if it holds amazing destructive power, perhaps it also holds amazing constructive power - I don't know, build planets, repair stellar orbits, some interstellar hat trick to end this war problem.
Seems that's basically what Asteria was experimenting for this episode - a 'positive' aspect of the Vox (it not just being a weapon), possibly a constructive power like you said. Not really confirmed if the experiment was in vain just yet.

^
Episode 15
Yeah, that does seem to be Asteria's plan. I'm interested in the nature of the apparation Yurikano's response to Madoka - she seems to be saying that whatever she did somehow renders whatever Madoka's trying to do is unnecessary.

I hadn't picked up on it being a 'deflowering' but now that you mention it I find it hard to read it any other way. This is the first time we've seen red used, for example, in contrast to Kyono's green, Lan's blue and Muginami's orange. I do also wonder - given the context - if 'red' is somehow Yurikano's colour.

And that Yurikano is still alive is... yeah, i have no idea where they're going with that (though I really dig the design, exterior and interiors, of Dizelmine's flagship).

I agree with redneck that Asteria's rant to arouse Madoka was funny.

Thirded. Muting her words and showing a lot of random suggestive imagery made it a lot funnier then it would have been. (Wait, why are there two crabs... hang on, crabs?, etc).

The Commander's (? forgotten his name) 'over 18' remark got a laugh out of me too.

Poor Tadokoro. Between that and the unflattering photo of him he only gets comedy bits when he's the butt of them.

Episode 16.
So, Yurikano has amnesia...dang, that's gotta sting for Villa, seeing your sister latched onto the guy you could be potentially going to war with. And from that look he had, war is definite possibility soon. Also...those were really poor disguises. I can't believe King D-Bag actually fell for it.

Episode 16
Possibly the best episode of any anime I've been following this weekend.
On the one hand, this episode did a lot of good plot and character stuff. We got a sense of Villaguilio and Dizelmine's former relationship, Dizelmine's low-key professional assurance serving as an obvious contrast to Villaguilio's bluster - but the former is, of course, so certain of himself that he could do dreadful things. This episode also gave us more of Asteria-as-master-manipulator, which is something that's never got old.

We also got to probe the 'what the hell is up with Yurikano' plot thread. On the one hand there's an anmesiac Yurikano who behaves as if she's a child... but there's also the Yurikano that Madoka has seen on two seperate occasions regarding the use of Rin-ne. Is it possible that the issue with Yurikano's memory is that it's missing, trapped inside the other, spectral Yurikano who may be unleashed with this terrible flower power?

That or some kinda repression.

And the other hand? Some of the funniest gags the show's done so far are in this episode. Villaguilio going forward to embrace Yurikano to end up brutally ignored was hilarious, and so too was Madoka going gung-ho into her disguise.

Episode 16.
I also really enjoyed the episode. Asteria's scenario in setting the brothers up was pretty funny though probably didn't have the desired result. However, Dizelmine seems intent on going to war so whether he would change his mind...

The plot definitely thickens with Yurikano and I do look forward to seeing how it eventuates.
Episode 16.
Also...those were really poor disguises. I can't believe King D-Bag actually fell for it.
I'm not sure he really did fall for it, but the show made it seem that way.
We also got to probe the 'what the hell is up with Yurikano' plot thread. On the one hand there's an anmesiac Yurikano who behaves as if she's a child... but there's also the Yurikano that Madoka has seen on two seperate occasions regarding the use of Rin-ne. Is it possible that the issue with Yurikano's memory is that it's missing, trapped inside the other, spectral Yurikano who may be unleashed with this terrible flower power?

That or some kinda repression.

And the other hand? Some of the funniest gags the show's done so far are in this episode. Villaguilio going forward to embrace Yurikano to end up brutally ignored was hilarious, and so too was Madoka going gung-ho into her disguise.
I like your take on what might be up with Yurikano's memory.

I agree on those moments of comedy as well!

Episode 17
So. Apparently Yurikano did leave her memory and past in Rin-ne after the planet-destroying disaster of Milita Zodia, and also somehow replacing this missing identity with Madoka is what Dizelmine believes will be a catalyst for Rinne that does not even require Vox Aura (and given the weird stuff happening to his ship at the end of the episode while he gives us his evilest grin, he just may be right). It seems this experiment has also automatically triggered all three Voxes (Voxi?), and add these to the boy's mechas and Villagiulio flying over in his mecha and a big mecha fight seems guaranteed for next week along with... whatever the hell happens as a result of Dizelmine here.

We see Dizelmine at his most charming, in his ends-justifies-the-means mode, but it's even more obvious than usual that behind his regal, cold charm is a very nasty character indeed.

Also worth noting that during the process of inserting Madoka's mind into Yurikano's body, Madoka comes across, again, with the spectral part of Yurikano and they begin to fight. So much of the series has rested its emotional issues with relationships between girls and their brothers, and Yurikano's both - Lan's friend, and Villagiulio's sister. Madoka's pechant for genki enthusiasm and honestly about how people feel for once feels refreshing compared to the repression of Yurikano and also the La Garite family that snuggles up cozily next to Dizelmine's megalomania.

Funny: The girls reading Lan's poetry.
Awesome: Lan stalling for time with a rambling speech.
What the hell: The preview for next week.

Last edited:
Episode 17.
Twice this episode made me judge the characters bad. I thought King D-Bag might not be so bad, and that Lan had really turned over to the dark side. Wrong on both occasions. And Madoka done been personality overridden. King D-Bag is now King Mega D-Bag. Prick.

On a secondary note
Madoka in that regal outfit...rawr.

Episode 5 or Episode 17 :@_@:
So let me get this straight, Yurikano is Modoka, Modoka is Yurikano, and King Dizel turned CRAZY steve... :pokerface:
Hah, can't wait for the next episode. :smile:

Back