You're Under Arrest! The Movie

Lenaxia

You're Under Arrest! The Movie
(a.k.a. Taiho Shichauzo! The Movie)

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

So I've been watching You're Under Arrest recently because its been on my to watch list forever and since Full Throttle is comming out I figured I now have a reason to actually go back and watch S1 and S2.

I really am enjoying S1 and S2, but Full Throttle is a bit more eh, but anyway, that's another discussion.

I've been searching but been able to find a copy of the Movie YUA and so I figured I might as well straight up buy it. I found, though, that next month they are releasing an HD remastered version of the movie, but its going to be a pricey $60 from cdjapan.

If the movie is good, I don't mind shelling out the money for it. So I just wanted to check with anyone who's seen it. I found a really nice trailer on You Tube for it and from that I can say the animation is more than decent and if the cut scenes are anything like in the trailer, I am pretty sure I'll like it.

Anyone?

For those who are interested, the trailer is here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=L8gtxFYDyYQ

(You can get a non-crappy version of it from animemusicvideos.org)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: You're Under Arrest: The Movie

It's about as good as one of the good action episodes in S1/S2. I would NOT shell out $60USD myself for the movie, but then again, I'm cheaper than most. All the YUA things are pretty good and of the same quality/enjoyment levels except No Mercy (this was a piece of crap) and Full Throttle so far.

However, YUA is not really something I can imagine watching more than once. I tried to restart it before and just couldn't. That may partly be due to my aversion to rewatching large series, but I still don't think much of this series is really worth rewatching at all. So $60USD strikes me as a very steep price to pay.

Also, check your PM.

3 episodes of Full Throttle are already out in Japan and it's pretty enjouyable. Most of my experience with YUA is mostly with the manga and the live action series.

I am pretty much in agreement with you on that. I have really enjoyed YUA, especially S1, and in fact this is the first anime I've honestly laughed out loud at in quite some time, but I don't know how interesting to watch again.

This is pretty much the same with AMG (forget the TV series, I couldn't even watch that). But the movie was something I have been able to rewatch once in a while so I wanted to see if Kouske Fujishima's trend holds for YUA as well.

All I can say about Full Throttle right now is that sometime in the past 7 years, Studio DEEN has started to think that all people (especially Kobayakawa) have cardboard boxes as shoulder pads.

It's about as good as one of the good action episodes in S1/S2. I would NOT shell out $60USD myself for the movie, but then again, I'm cheaper than most. All the YUA things are pretty good and of the same quality/enjoyment levels except No Mercy (this was a piece of crap) and Full Throttle so far.

However, YUA is not really something I can imagine watching more than once. I tried to restart it before and just couldn't. That may partly be due to my aversion to rewatching large series, but I still don't think much of this series is really worth rewatching at all. So $60USD strikes me as a very steep price to pay.

Also, check your PM.

I am pretty much in agreement with you on that. I have really enjoyed YUA, especially S1, and in fact this is the first anime I've honestly laughed out loud at in quite some time, but I don't know how interesting to watch again.

This is pretty much the same with AMG (forget the TV series, I couldn't even watch that). But the movie was something I have been able to rewatch once in a while so I wanted to see if Kouske Fujishima's trend holds for YUA as well.

All I can say about Full Throttle right now is that sometime in the past 7 years, Studio DEEN has started to think that all people (especially Kobayakawa) have cardboard boxes as shoulder pads.

They think Miyuki and Natsumi deserves evil cat eyes too.

I recently saw this movie.

I've seen some pretty mixed reviews, so my expectations weren't too high. When I did see it, I can see where some of the reviewers that gave it lower ratings were coming from.

For one thing, the animation looked great when it was actually moving, but the movie completely overdid it with the stills.

Also, the story suffered a similar problem that the Rurouni Kenshin flick did: there were a couple great characters with lots of development (In this case it is the Chief and the main antagonist whereas it was Shigure in RuroKen) whereas everyone else has just enough script to jump in, do their thing, and jump back out. Natsumi and Miyuki, especially, just seemed to exist in the movie to add action without really contributing to the story or to their own development. Nakajima also got very little time onscreen and was only there when the scene called for his motorcycle skills.

Talk about necromancy... I suppose it's better than starting a new topic though.

I guess I always loved the over-the-top-yet-still-simple part of YUA, but thats just me

Talk about necromancy... I suppose it's better than starting a new topic though.

I guess I always loved the over-the-top-yet-still-simple part of YUA, but thats just me

What I did have the threads show up in alphabetical order to see if there was an anime that I wanted to discuss where a thread was already started, so that's how I brought this dead/dying thread back. :p

Back