Dragon Ball

Kastrophee

Dragon Ball

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Simple question, are the american DVDs of Dragon Ball cut or uncut? (In any way) And the movies for it? Thanks in advance...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Dragon Ball Cut Or Uncut DVDs?

IIRC the new ones that are in boxsets at decent prices are uncut.

You mean Dragon Ball, right? Not Dragon Ball Z?

I can never find DVDs of Dragon Ball anymore, but the ones that did come out were uncut. I remember when they aired on Toonami, they didn't change the music like they did with DBZ and DBGT which was an EXCELLENT thing. God, even the rap song of DBGT was so gay, it made the One Piece rap sound like great quality old school music.

Well, I don't like the widescreen in the new DBZ DVDs. It's really cutting off stuff and blocking things. And the movies of Dragon Ball I think Curse of the Bloody Rubies I vaguely remember coming out and renting it from my local Blockbuster. Not sure if the other 3 or 4 ever came out. I know in one Dragon Ball movie, Chao Tzu plays an emperor, and there was another Dragon Ball movie that came out before Dragon Ball GT premiered in Japan.

Well, my review of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z will be up in a few weeks anyway to further elaborate my concerns on the censorship.

Please don't watch that show.

If you have nothing worthwhile to say then don't say it.

IIRC the new ones that are in boxsets at decent prices are uncut.

That is DBZ, I am looking for the original Dragon Ball...

You mean Dragon Ball, right? Not Dragon Ball Z?

I can never find DVDs of Dragon Ball anymore, but the ones that did come out were uncut. I remember when they aired on Toonami, they didn't change the music like they did with DBZ and DBGT which was an EXCELLENT thing. God, even the rap song of DBGT was so gay, it made the One Piece rap sound like great quality old school music.

Well, I don't like the widescreen in the new DBZ DVDs. It's really cutting off stuff and blocking things. And the movies of Dragon Ball I think Curse of the Bloody Rubies I vaguely remember coming out and renting it from my local Blockbuster. Not sure if the other 3 or 4 ever came out. I know in one Dragon Ball movie, Chao Tzu plays an emperor, and there was another Dragon Ball movie that came out before Dragon Ball GT premiered in Japan.

Well, my review of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z will be up in a few weeks anyway to further elaborate my concerns on the censorship.

Yes, I mean the origanal Dragon Ball, not DBZ or GT. I know everything is released for DB, but I am having a hard time finding a complete list, how many movies, OVAs, ect. And if everything is uncut on DVD, I know on TV it was severely cut (Not as bad as DBZ though).

So, to expand my question, where can I find uncut box sets of Dragon Ball (The original) and official, if they exist. Rightstuf doesn't have it and amazon is too confusing to find out what is what.

I don't think they have those out on DVD yet but I may be wrong. You will have to go check to make sure. If they do have them let me know so I to can get it. I have been looking myself to getting them.

Why not check the company site? I'm sure if they did a cut version before and this one's uncut, the company site would flaunt that it's uncut.

I tried the official dragon ball site, that was pointless, but didn't think about the company site. Wikipedia says all the DVDs are uncut, though I better be safe then sorry.

I know for awhile, they were doing the same old format that the DBZ DVDs were being done in.

I remember when the 1995 dub came out, there was the Curse of the Bloody Rubies using the same cast. And I'm pretty sure you're aware of an OLD Gold Harmony dub. But they changed the names like Goku to Zero and they dubbed the movie where Chao Tzu is like an emperor. I believe that was movie 3.

I buy some of my stuff all around Asia. Mostly Japan and the Philippines.

Found info, the boxes, all uncut in US except the first one:

Saga Of Goku (01-13) (Uncut in Australia and New Zealand Only)
Tournament Saga (14-28)
Red Ribbon Army Saga (29-45)
General Blue Saga (46-57)
Commander Red Saga (58-67)
Fortuneteller Baba Saga (68-83)
Tien Shinhan Saga (84-101)
King Piccolo Saga 1 (102-111)
King Piccolo Saga 2 (112-122)
Piccolo Junior Saga 1 (123-137)
Piccolo Junior Saga 2 (138-153)

Rightstuf had some of the DVDs on sale, by the way, and I think some of them were uncut :0

Already snatched those up, found everything I was looking for, thanks to amazon and e-bay and apparently my DVD player will play any region so I am happy.

I seem to have mostly solved this myself, thanks anyways.

last question, I am having a hard time finding a complete list of all the dragon ball (Original series) OVAs, specials, movies, ect...

Already snatched those up, found everything I was looking for, thanks to amazon and e-bay and apparently my DVD player will play any region so I am happy.

I seem to have mostly solved this myself, thanks anyways.

last question, I am having a hard time finding a complete list of all the dragon ball (Original series) OVAs, specials, movies, ect...

Wiki and anidb are your best friends there. I had a friend who bought all of them (supposedly) once, and I remember it was a nightmare list. Good luck.

There are no OAVs of Dragon Ball. Same with DBZ officially.

The only movie I knew of that came out to the US was Curse of the Bloody Rubies, I know it came out on VHS, but not sure if it came out on DVD yet.

I'm guessing the first 13 episodes were probably the old 1995 dub which I really liked.

Ok, apparently I was being an idiot and didn't understand what wiki was listing, all questions answered, thanks...

Episodes 01-04

Shit, I do not recall this show having this much crass humour. My childhood must've been really fucked up if I watched a little kid patting people's crutches to tell if they're male or female for entertainment.

Did you just start like four series at once on top of being in three or four buddy groups? What ya doin'?

Reactions: Zed
Did you just start like four series at once on top of being in three or four buddy groups? What ya doin'?
My connection is currently dead so I'm passing time with shows I already had downloaded.

It's times like these that I regret not downloading the important stuff.

Episodes 01-04

Shit, I do not recall this show having this much crass humour. My childhood must've been really fucked up if I watched a little kid patting people's crutches to tell if they're male or female for entertainment.

Things quickly spiral out of control even more once Master Roshi comes around, especially that one time during Fortuneteller Baba Saga.

Back