Mysterious Girlfriend X

TheCoffeeGod

Mysterious Girlfriend X
Alt title: Nazo no Kanojo X

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

biggthumpup.gif

There's so many things this season I'm interested in!
However, this is the one that's at the top of my list.

PV 1

Mysterious Girlfriend X PV1

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm always really looking forward to watching different stuff like this one.

I also dig the amateurish/simplistic art style, for whatever reason. I suppose this just reminds me of Sundome in every way.

It certainly gives a new meaning to the phrase "swapping spit," huh?

(I wonder what on earth possessed the original creator to take the idea "addicted to someone else's saliva" and run with it...)

It certainly gives a new meaning to the phrase "swapping spit," huh?

(I wonder what on earth possessed the original creator to take the idea "addicted to someone else's saliva" and run with it...)

The only thing that makes me want to watch this one is that the image with the girl holding scissors and the guy with nervous face, make it look like it will be more than appearances can say. But honestly reading the thing about the saliva, makes it so gross that I hope the story can make me forget that grotesque part.

I'm gonna watch this because it's different (the same reason that made me watch Ben-To), but I'm expecting to drop this fairly quick.

I find shows about panty shots, lolis and humongous boobage way grosser than this.

I guess it's just me. ;)

Looking forward to this one. The animation style and colour pattern reminds me of Rumiko Takahashi and 90's anime in general. How could I not be interested in this? I don't care about the saliva bit that much (even though I can understand how it may gross some people out).

Last edited:
I was hoping this would get an anime adaption so I looking forward to seeing it.

I really don't think the saliva thing is that gross.

Let's all talk about our saliva tolerances. I'm mostly fine with it, if you ask me.
I've waited for this for quite some time. Episode 1 was very satisfying. Animation and the colours used were superb. I never thought they'd preserve the style in the manga, but it works fine. Urabe's voice actress fit her character well, and as a jazz fusion fan the ending song was quite a pleasant surprise. Lots of major7s, even flat 5ths and 9ths for something on TV.

^ I've been thinking the same thing. Whenever you do, say, a French kiss there's a saliva exchange of sorts. It's not quite the same as putting saliva from a desk into your mouth but it's still saliva all the same. No biggie in my opinion.

^ I've been thinking the same thing. Whenever you do, say, a French kiss there's a saliva exchange of sorts. It's not quite the same as putting saliva from a desk into your mouth but it's still saliva all the same. No biggie in my opinion.

I don't think the issue is the saliva itself, the issue is how that guy tastes out of nowhere in the first place. You don't see that happening around do ya?

Background music is well done, animation is great, voice actors well suited for their roles, but I just can't get into it. The setting seems just a bit too far out there, and it keeps me from getting into it. Just makes me go "da fuq am I watching?"

First episode in a nutshell:
"Oh hey a new student who's really weird and sleeps a lot left some drool on the desk... nom. Oh shit, I think that saliva was laced with something!" "Nope, you're just love-sick: which I realized without any way, shape, or form of knowing." "Go out with me, I need my fix!" "Ok... btw, a magical voice in my head told me to lose my virginity to you, toodles."
Seriously, dafuq!?

I'm glad they at least set up a sort of reasonable precedent for him deciding that tasting a gal's cold stagnant salivary output was a good idea and that he realized that was bizarre behavior.

Kinda liking the old-school character designs. Mikoto reminds me of a Portuguese Water Dog - kinda fluffy, fidgety, and slobbery.

This is weirdly cute for something that looks like a guy's finger-sucking-slash-personal saliva fetish in anime form.

Back