Dorohedoro

P

PIDcontroler

I have trouble describing this manga. Its amazing!
Its... Arg. It kindof feels like biomega. But its a slice of fantasy life like, action story with some romance and mystery. The epitome of originality. Its as if the definition of weird and unexpected dosent exit to any of the characters in this story. Most of these caracters wouldent even bat an eye if they saw a dancing bana on the street.
A little more than 30 days ago the 16th volume got translated.
In your opinion. Whats the funniest event in this serious manga?

Just finished this manga. And I just wanna say...
I can't decide between Noi or Nikado. HELP. Wait what.
But on a more serious note, I must say that I felt like the end was kinda... dull. I mean, I loved Kaiman getting gyoza powers, and I thought it was appropiate taking into account his personality and welp, shit was funny af. Still, I would have enjoyed it more if the end had been a bit more... serious. And I would have liked a few more epilogue chapters, to know the futures of our characters. Like, Dokuga. I wish I could have seen what he did in the future. Dunno.
The only thing I hated with all my soul in the manga was fucking Ebisu. Fucking hated that character. Annoying af

Decided to start this today since I'm eager to see the rest of the story! I've read the first 8 chapters and I'm liking it a lot so far, I still got a bit to go before I reach where the anime left off though. As great as the art is, I've been getting pretty bad eye strain while reading this so I have to take breaks. Maybe the art style has something to do with it since this hasn't been happening during my read-through of Berserk but I won't know for sure unless this happens every time I sit down to read more Dorohedoro chapters.

I will say though, despite the eye strain the art style goes perfect with the atmosphere. Feels as gritty and grimy as Hole itself and that's great shit right there.

Reactions: Zed
So I just binged a shitload of chapters (just finished chapter 75 and that's where I'm stopping for today) and this is basically me
fetchimage

Just finished and man what a wild ride this was. With how crazy everything got I was a bit worried about how things were going end but it wrapped up very nicely and the bonus epilogue chapter was also pretty hilarious.
After seeing Caiman's crazy gyoza powers in the climax I'm never going to be able to look at gyoza the same way again.

I was leaning towards 4.5/5 originally due to how some chapters managed to cause pretty bad eye strain. As good as the art is I'm not a fan of how some chapters caused more eye strain than others (I can read whole volumes of Berserk with little to no issue, so I'm convinced it's the art style that caused this), but the climax alone bumped it up to an easy 5/5 for me. If we don't get to see the rest of the manga get adapted it'll be a travesty.

I feel like I'm in the minority on this manga, but I felt it started out with a really interesting premise and characters, but the story just got more and more convoluted and lost in itself. The characters got less interesting for me, the magic system had no definitive rules, the gore and nudity (I don't mind either) just felt like it was there to be there. Overall I gave it a 5 out of 10 (2.5 stars out of 5). I was first introduced to this series through the anime and loved it, so I started the manga and loved it up to a little after the point of the anime, then it seemed to decline for me around then.

I agree with the above;the manga starts out great, starts meandering, then goes downhill. At some point there is a false ending which really should have been the true ending, a very dark ending but a good endcap to the series. Then the author couldn't let it go or something, and revved it back up for a ton more chapters with absurd BS I cant mention for spoilers, but you know if read it. The final battle is face palm inducing. That last string of chapters after the false ending is really just a different manga with same characters and setting tacked on IMO.

Back