Daily Lives of High School Boys

Etue

Daily Lives of High School Boys
Alt title: Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

Episode 1:

I found this to be surprisingly good and entertaining, it's random, comedic and expressive. I'm looking forward to the next episode to see if they can keep this up. The characters seem fun and the situations in the first episode aren't all from one out of a dozen.

I'd compare this to a ''azumanga daioh'' with boys instead of girls and talk about girls sprinkled in. Or as a ''Nichijou'' without the extreme lack of realism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

Imma' watch it when I get home.
Seems like there's several slice of life anime with boys coming out these days.

Imma' watch it when I get home.
Seems like there's several slice of life anime with boys coming out these days.

From the first episode I'm off opinion that;
This isn't like ''kimi to boku'', it's more like a comedy with slice of life mixed in than the other way around.

and it demographic seems to be broader as well, it seems to me like this is more appealing to men than ''kimi to boku'' could ever hope being. Though on the flipside, it probably won't appealing to a quite a few of girls because they're talking about -girls / getting a girlfriend- constantly this first episode.

From the first episode I'm off opinion that;
This isn't like ''kimi to boku'', it's more like a comedy with slice of life mixed in than the other way around.

and it demographic seems to be broader as well, it seems to me like this is more appealing to men than ''kimi to boku'' could ever hope being. Though on the flipside, it probably won't appealing to a quite a few of girls because they're talking about -girls / getting a girlfriend- constantly this first episode.
Haven't seen the first episode yet, but frankly that sounds about as realistic of conversation between guys as you can get. So much of high school male group conversation is taken up by womens (and, well, probably many conversations after high school, too :D).

So...this isn't a second season to Nichijou?

Damn, I already got my hopes up.

episode 1.... a series that is UBER genre savvy; the first 2 minutes let you know that in an escalating big way.
love it!

Episode 1

Dear god I nearly lost it laughing so hard during the skirt scene. That was freaking priceless.

If it stays this way like it was in episode 1 I think i'll be enjoying this one. I was wary of it at first thinking it might be similiar to Kimi to Boku

I almost skipped this show completely thinking it was like kimi to boku. Thank god i couldnt sleep tonight and decided to give it a shot.

That river bank skit was brilliant.

I'm told this is quite hilarious. With that and the positive comments I guess I'll be looking forward to it.

Has anyone found a group subbing this yet, btw? Can't seem to find any subs.

^ I caught it on a streaming site, so not sure which group's doing fansubs for this show...

Well I decided to check this out after seeing some positive comments.
That river bank skit was brilliant.
I agree, I found this section was the funniest.

I wasn't big on Nichijou or Azumanga Daioh both of which I didn't like at all, but this show seems different, might get a laugh or two so I'll see how it goes.

*starts watching*
*wonders if it is going to be fun*
*40 seconds later*
Popcorn_spongebob.gif

*5 minutes in*
tumblr_lw7qn58NxG1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Hah, I love how they essentially begin with curb stomping romance/slice-of-life anime.
edit: Oh gawd, Sugita Tomokazu was the PERFECT fit here! Dayumn he is good!

*14 minutes in*
THIS IS THE SECOND SEASON OF NICHIJOU!
:laugh::love:

God! Tell us the name of that girl already! She is so GOD DAMN CUTE I COULD DIE!
Ow, shit my throat hurts from all the laughing! >.<
Worth it!
This might just become my season favorite!
Please let it be way more than twelve episodes!

Last edited:

I wasn't big on Nichijou or Azumanga Daioh both of which I didn't like at all, but this show seems different, might get a laugh or two so I'll see how it goes.

Well, I suppose the humour was rather random at times...

L9DhWQWJnHXe.gif

But then again, this is too...

My favourite part was the noodles and curry...though the riverbank skit wasn't bad either.

I don't take issue with random humour per se. Azumanga I found boring and Nichijou felt like it was trying way too hard to be funny, really long set-ups for jokes that weren't funny to me. But humour is most certainly in the eyes of the beholder. The set ups in this episode felt well paced to me (although I predicted what would happen in the skirt scene) and a couple of the outcomes were funny. See how it goes.

ep 1. Random youth running with bread in their mouth, check add friends running with foods that should be impossible to eat. and then Gundams... it started off pretty funny and ended the same way, i do think ill keep watching the show for the humor value alone.

Man. Totally takes me back to high school with my friends hanging out at my place all the goddamn time eating my foods. We weren't trying on women's clothing, mind you, but the stupidest random conversations always did come up.

Certainly will keep up with this one, for a little while at least :)

The opening skit was the best, again.
Made me think when we gave up on our silly antics...and I guess it answered that for me as well...

Ep 2:
Before:

After:

Omg she became super cute for a few seconds! And then she went back to her normal self...

And we still don't know the name of the girl sitting by the river...

I'm starting to think this may be one of the best shows this season.

Back