Death Note

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by BTime, Oct 12, 2006.

1. BTime

BTime Guest

Posted by BTime on Oct 12, 2006
    Death Note

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

This looks to be one freaky deaky show. Guessing the quality must be pretty decent considering the number of fansub groups jumping onto this show.

Gotta say that it certainly does break away from the pack a bit.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2017
  2. Wolfco

Wolfco Forum Moderator

Posted by Wolfco on Oct 14, 2006
    I haven't watched it yet, but I know it has a huge manga following. I plan to give it a try.

3. Shigure

Shigure Guest

My daughter and I have watched the first two episodes. She had seen the manga in her shounen jump, and I had read about it somewhere else, so it was something we both wanted to see.

Absolutely LOVED it. Can't wait for more to come out.

4. Lord_Vegita

Lord_Vegita New Member

i have been reading the manga myself (eng ver) and it's freaking sweet. i hope they do a good job on the anime, and i'm sure they will ^^_. i've dl'ed the first ep from a few different groups and the second ep but haven't had a chance to watch them yet too see how it is so far.

i will provide a further update as to the quality of the series ^^_ later

EDIT: well i watched the first ep, and i must say that i'm impressed so far with what they are doing with the series. i really like the use of different shots. like when ryuk is pointing at light and then they pull that image back into a smaller box and then show the death note on the screen being held by light. the voices are pretty much what i imagined them to be. ryuk's isn't quite what i thought but it's still damn good. the tones are excellent and definintely bring out the series. can't wait to watch more of this ^^_. especially since i've read the manga so far :p.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  5. VnTB

VnTB New Member

Posted by VnTB on Oct 15, 2006
    till now (ep2) is Death Note great, animation and audio is very well done

6. CorvusX

CorvusX Guest

Read the manga. The anime quality is great.

I like how the OP ends with Raito's hand outstreatched to MisaMisa.

7. monk_boy

monk_boy Guest

the manga was good till the end. i personally hated the ending, but over all the story is excellent. at the pace the anime is going at the anime should easily be 50+ episodes. if they keep the 1 chapter per episode then i should be around 100. i really hope they don't edit from the manga much. so far everything is transfered into the anime with the exception of some minor reordering of events.

8. Aydan

Aydan New Member

Posted by Aydan on Oct 26, 2006
    I haven't checked this one out and I don't think I will. If it gets good ratings I'll buy the DVD's.
    Anyway, various recourses list this one as having 37 episodes, which is a very strange number when it comes to anime.

9. VnTB

VnTB New Member

Posted by VnTB on Oct 27, 2006
    well I think it's more strange if every anime serie keep a standaard, like 24,26 or 52 ...

10. springymabob

springymabob Guest

Seem as though you lot mention it... I am downloading it... Here is some Info on it for people that do not know... http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,3755,jpxpss,death_note.html
    Thanks for tell us about this.

11. Canal

Canal New Member

Posted by Canal on Nov 2, 2006
    From what I've seen so far it's an interesting anime. Light and L are very smart and I like the cat and mouse game they're playing while trying to find out each other's identity. I can't wait to see what else they're going to think of next.

12. pendruo

pendruo New Member

I'm totally hooked to this one. They've just brought the manga to spain this month. I've bought volume one but I think I'm gonna watch the anime now and read the books when they finish printing them.

13. OCSkope

OCSkope Guest

So far its gone pretty much to the manga. Really, the only thing really different is the order of events. Otherwise its true. The anime is going a few chapters an episode because apparently its only doing 30 - 40 episodes. There is also two live action movies, but they aren't as true to the manga as the anime (thus far). Its about time Death Note received the recognition it deserves. A well-selling manga turned well animated anime and great box-office topping live action move.

14. Lord_Vegita

Lord_Vegita New Member

i just finished reading Death Note vol 8 in the US, freaking awesome. i can't wait to see how they end the anime. i think they will probably end it with vol 7 seeing as how that is a good part to just end it at. ^^_.

total mind trip.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
  15. Uriel

Uriel Well-Known Member

Posted by Uriel on Nov 17, 2006
    Looks promising but it will have to get worse. Such shows never keep quality to the end... *hopes so hard to be wrong*

16. shounen

shounen Guest

i love it, coz it involved shinigami stuff, sense of mysterious. Did u watch it's movie? It reali make me feel bad, the manga n anime r betta den it very very much!!

17. sevencreature

sevencreature Member

Are you retarded or something? :confused:

18. VivisQueen

VivisQueen Well-Known Member

As yet to see episode 7 (although it is on my hardrive, heh heh), but all I can say is this show made my day.

Literally. It got me on such a high that I spent the rest of the afternoon just raving joyful nonsense. It's one of the best and original things to happen to the anime world since... God knows...

Animation is smooth, stylish, and realistic. The soundtrack is wonderful, just wonderful - the tune they use for the tense bits is *kisses fingers*. Dialogue is natural without being flat and boring, pacing is done well, and character reactions are very believable but come with a refreshing twist.
    Light doesn't respond to the Death God in his bedroom with a long, drawn-out 'But you can't be real, you just CAN'T!' Instead he embraces his fucked-up vision, lol.
    Oh, not to mention that the characters themselves are fantastically intense. Light and L's interactions are some of the most gripping I've seen in any form of entertainment. It is a genius concept.

I'm with Uriel on this one, though; let's hope it stays that way. Then again, it is following a manga, so I'm thinking it's got a long way to go before it starts getting bad. Which, of course, it will not. Shit, I just jinxed it, didn't I?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2006
  19. animeddd

animeddd Guest

If you liked the show so far, ep7 will own you.
    I haven't seen such a good anime in a long while now, I hope it keeps this pace to the end.

20. VivisQueen

VivisQueen Well-Known Member

Yup, seen episode 7 now. What can I say? It's great to see pure genius on the dark side for once. Just awesome use of tension. It's funny, because when I think back on it, not much actually happened in that episode, it's just the tension was so brilliantly drawn out, that I didn't notice time pass. Hated it when I got to the end and realised there was no episode 8 yet.