Kamisama Kazoku

RecklessAngel

[sadht]Kamisama Kazoku[/sadht][sadhl=1146]kamisama-kazoku[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

the first episode has just aired.

generally speaking, God and his family lives on earth, and his son and successor Samataro lives like any human would. no powers of his own.. to learn what it takes to be a good and just God.

his father, however, has a habit of always giving Samataro anything he wishes.. no matter how small and inconsequential the wish might be.

Enter Tenko, angel and childhood friend of Samataro... who sees it as her mission in life to make Samataro wish for nothing, by force if necessary.

I think that's enough for now =^_^=

I really like this series. the art and character design are both great... as well as the voice actors.
only first episode has aired so far, so no telling where it'll lead. but I *will* follow it. =^_^=

Last edited by a moderator:
a bit late, don't mind, don't mind :p

this is a serie that I also follow, a good and funny one,

ep.7
lol, that girl grow fast, how can it be ? :p

I'm really enjoying this series. I think the characters are very amusing in their motivations. It always seems like everyone is haphazardly enteracting even though they share the same space.

Heh. After watching the first episode, I could tell you where it will lead, Reckless.
The OP/ED animations make it pretty clear that Samatarou and Tenko will end up together, and then there is the ironclad Law of Childhood Friends ;)
But it looks like getting from here to there will be quite entertaining, so I'm in.

If I were in Samatarou's situation, with my family behaving like that, I would probably kill myself (killing them is probably impossible for him, and I doubt he could ever escape, either ;).

I recently started watching this series and it's still keeping my interest....

...mmm, I wonder what the world would be like if we had a family of deities like them

even if you did kill yourself, wouldnt your dad, (which is God) revive you and tell you killing yourself is bad? there is no escape to this family. unless you do something really bad and join satan or something.

yep, you go to hell if you kill yourself and to heaven if you murder (haha, quote from a movie)

FYAB discussion begins here!

Right guys, may this crazy marathon for which I totally wasn't prepared be a fun one. :)

Episode 1:

Hmmm. Kinda average. I must say the humour is a hit, but on the other hand, I'm not caring for the story or characters so far. It is fairly amusing, though, especially
the part where HIS MOTHER wears bloomers in front of him. Wrong!

Last edited:
Ep. 1-4
This show is giving off an uncomplicated, warm feeling so far for me. It isn't anything amazing, but it isn't losing my interest either. Looks like it isn't trying to be what it isn't.
Character design looks similar to FLCL, and while the quality of the animation isn't mindblowing, I rather like it.

But episode 2... They just had to do it :...:... I'm not sure if I've seen any anime in this genre WITHOUT a pool / beach episode..

Episode 3:

What's that? Anime without pool/beach episode? That's just stupid. The worst thing about Monster was that it didn't have a pool/beach episode. It was gonna be a 10/10, but because it didn't have a pool/beach episode, I can only give it a 2/10.

Now where was I? Yeah, this anime is growing on me slowly. I must say, Samatarou is a COCK.
That keyring scene where he buys the exact same thing for Komori that he bought for Tenko... not cool. :mad:

Episode 4:

This instalment was so looooooovely! Omurqi is right - it's all sorta heartwearming and sweet but uncomplicated. The comedy is its greatest strength without really being that outstanding, and the romance works fairly well. Pleased I picked this up. ^_^

Last edited:
EPISODE 1
Well the two leads could have been the quinessencial map for; Girls are pink, with Pink eyes (and have pink hair) boys are blue have Blue eyes and hair. Actually the two of them almost look too similar. In hair style and appearence. I almost felt like I was watching Ouran Host Club where the Twins
both change their hair styles to be different from one another

This has got to be one of the most predictable first episode of anime I have ever seen.
from the over bossy girl sent to protect the young god, to her having feelings for him, to them arguing, known each other since kids, to her hitting him. Then a new girl ,who happens to be gorgeous, grabbing the eye of our young god. Instant three way. I was quoting things that were going to happen, before they happened.

But then again, I doubt this series was going for broke on the originality factor. It is just a warm wooby for fans of such title. Just like fans of Mecha like myself know that the big machine is inevitably going to be piloted by some 14 year old.

It did have it's moments. The father, although annoying, was funny at times. Bloomers are going to be a catch phrase here... much like I saw in Soul Eater.
The teacher being taken over was interesting.
and so was the use of a miniature Chibi spirit puppet that they can send without going physically to another room.

Anyhow, I will get back to you all once I watch a couple more.

OMG who dresses these people?
Kama.png

Could I possibly have the trucker hat and the clothing from Kid-Gap please.
Her outfit was not bad but it screams tennis court, not out to a water park.
Anyhow, not a bad episode We are getting introduced to other people in the cast. Not sure what to make of the sisters.
so WHY does everyone else have powers but he does not? I know it is all about learning to be with the humans but man, What the heck? What about them? Kinda weak. I guess it would be too easy for him to stop his sisters or dad from taking over people.

Now that aspect is kinda fun though. It adds a certain element of surprise. When the new girl was taking off her top I was like.... what? Is she putting him on? then it was dear ol dad.
Another thing this series has going for it is one hell of a catchy end title. It truly reminds me of a 80's Lum type ending.]
FYAB discussion begins here!

Episode 1:

the part where HIS MOTHER wears bloomers in front of him. Wrong!
And Nude Aprons! by mom! AND DAD! =O

Ep. 1-4
Character design looks similar to FLCL, and while the quality of the animation isn't mindblowing, I rather like it.
Yeah I can see some similarity.

Episode 3 and 4 were much better.
Vivis Agreed on
our boy being a dumb-ass for getting the same keychain.
But he did sort of make up for it with the music box (even though it was given to him in stead of him buying it)
OH man, did he kiss her on the cheeK? lol Aces.

Haha. Yeah, I has loooooow expectations of this anime, and it's nice to see it exceeded that to being sort of pleasantly average. Sometimes you just need something that's not mindblowing, but that doesn't irritate you either.

Funny, it has more actuall story than K-On; that I am watching at the moment. (I guess K-on I am watching for the funny characters and sugar silliness more than the artistic value.)

This is the only lighthearted love romance on my pallet at the moment. I suppose I have Mahoromantic or Clannad on hold. But, it is good to have at least one that I am currently watching.

Another fun aspect that is pretty unique to this title, that I am going to probably remember long after it is out of my memory, is the steam coming out of the girl's head. (fun)

How many eps are going to be covered today?

Ep 5
Because a kiss on the cheek makes you pregnant :...:
This show is about to get serious, I can feel it

Episode 5-8:

@_@ Things took a slightly disturbing, somewhat emotional turn.

It's not exactly subltest of storylines, but something about it was very original and emotive. Kudos to this show. It looks and feels like a kid's programme, but quite a competent one.

Although
why those girls didn't end up breaking their necks falling head first, I don't know - even if there was a mattress. Lol.

Also, seriously, that steaming head. Hahahaha!

Back