Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira

Garyuu

[sadht]Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira[/sadht][sadhl=4000]higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni-kira[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

First episode was just pointless fanservice. It is sad that this Higurashi doesn't have Eiko Shimamiya doing the OP. I wonder if she still sings? She did have thyroid cancer, but I heard she made a full recovery.

Meh, if this is all they are going to put out they might as well not bother. There are plenty of other pointless ecchi shows out there.

Right. I like fanservice, but that just went overboard and then made no sense. The whole Soul Brothers shtick was good the first time due to it appearing out of nowhere and being so utterly random, but now it's just creepy. Better half considered the servicey shots of Rika and Satoko sick, to boot. This... it pains me to say this about anything in the Higurashi franchise, but... yeah, it sucked, basically.

The nosebleeds from butt-washing the windows with the loli, the sheer fanservice, the soul brothers dropping in from the ceiling and a random appearance of Satoshi; it was so stupid, absurd and just plain crazy that I laughed at the crap that was happening. It's crap, but those faces at the phone booth were the best.

If the preview for the next episode indicates anything, it's that it'll get more stupid.

A bunch of 40 somethings fantasizing about some early teens kids?

Yeah, just a little creepy.

Also, wtf was that >_<

Slightly awkward to watch with someone else. While I find myself wishing for a little bit of plot, I can't help but be relieved that there are no spoilers. (I still need to finish the VN...) It's so over-the-top and absurd that it's amusing.

First episode was just pointless fanservice. It is sad that this Higurashi doesn't have Eiko Shimamiya doing the OP. I wonder if she still sings? She did have thyroid cancer, but I heard she made a full recovery.

Well, not all of it was fan service. They actually hinted at a nice plot... for a small part of it>.>

ok, im used to higurashi's habbit of having a first useless episode but.... wtf was that?????

i mean soul brothers? for real?. oh well, lets just hope it gets better and SOON.

P.S. the OP didnt have the higurashi spirit in it at all.

A bunch of 40 somethings fantasizing about some early teens kids?

Yeah, just a little creepy.

Also, wtf was that >_<

To be fair, the photographer looks younger than 40 and so does the Doctor. And the ones who thought up of their ideas makes it even creepier :P Tomitake the bird photographer, photographing those birds alright :banana:

Well, not all of it was fan service. They actually hinted at a nice plot... for a small part of it>.>

The true Hinamizawa Syndrome and Keiichi's goal to get revenge on the dames that would have him done that yogurt thing with the brother of Satoko?

I disapprove of the fanservice involving the teens, but seriously; exploiting 9 year old Rika and Satoko like that? I'm officially disgusted.

Nice avatar! I saw that, scrolled down and saw eaper's av, and immediately imagined the knife in that one too (involuntarily of course!)
:drink:
:@_@:

episode 1..... ah, true to the ova's of this series, silly sillyness.

a tad creepy at the end. i'm cool with that.

a long time ago i already came to the realization that after the first 2 seasons, nothing else they do will compare, so by turning out ova's, specials, omake, whatever, people will notice it and look back into the original series... i'll watch it and support it because the originals were amazing!

^ well, at least as long as they don't think the originals are more of the same, in which case this could shoot Higurashi in the foot. I do think all publicity isn't good publicity.

Oh god, what have they done? Not just the first episode, but the second as well....
Rika looked cute though.

Still, one thing was farmiliar...

higurashixmadokas.jpg

:laugh:

I'm not someone to dislike OVA's of one of my fav anime's that much, I liked the first episode, but this last one was just... ugh...

I didn't think it was as bad as the first episode, but that isn't saying much. It was still pretty bad. There really is no reason for them to make this OVA besides to squeeze more money out of people.

^ I agree.
It was certainly not as bad as the first episode... That one was just creepy...

Last edited:
episode 2... actually this was a LOT better than episode 1, still not great by any stretch of the imagination, but at least it was enjoyable.

Back