Kamisama Dolls

TheCoffeeGod

Mmm, I just watched the first episode.
I did read the manga up to where the first episode ended (put the manga on hold when I found out there was an anime coming out), so everything was exactly how I expected it to be. As of now, I'm not a huge fan of Kyouhei's character, but I'm pretty sure he'll be more interesting once we learn about his past as a Seki. Utao was adorable, and Aki looks pretty damned nuts. I like the concept of everything - the kakashi seem pretty epic. I'm not too fond of Chiba right now...just too much fan service there. She seems like an unnecessary character at the moment, but I guess they'll make something of her. s: Oh well. Looking forward to episode two! One of the only anime I'm not disappointed with yet this season.

I have no idea where this series is going, I went into this blind basically.

It looks promising. There was a bit bloody mayhem implied which can only give me hope what is most likely a dark plot is handled maturely. A few cliches were used for a quick setup of the plot, and it all moved very quickly. Most likely it is simply an attempt to establish the story quickly and the pacing will slow down a bit from there, fleshing out the characters. It actually reminded me mostly of Narutaru, what with the cute characters and goofy monsters, and the hopefully bloody action :D. I certainly wasn't expecting that murder scene after seeing the shonen-like fight before the opener.

ep 1.

I'm not too much a fan of the fighting things, but I'll give it a chance. I've not learned enough from the first episode to make a worthwhile choice. I found the episode a bit fast and quite an amount of time felt spend on rather pointless non plot progressing things. The human characters are all okay with the exception of Chiba who seems to lack depth as for now.

episode 1... i was expecting Zatch Bell not for kids, and i got Zatch Bell with a kid and a crazy haired dude who reminds me of Dilandu from Escaflowne.

those little songs are either gonna drive me crazy or be the next ring tone sensation.

oh yeah, almost forgot.... PUPPETS!!!

ep 2 - not bad. if you had told me prior to this season i would rather dislike sacred seven and not hate kamisama dolls i would have thought you were nuts.

not sure where this is going but this is much more interesting then that mess S7. nothing great yet... but at least it's passably entertaining. Its really struggling with pacing and narrative cohesion... yet despite that it's not bad at all (i only wish the main love interest looked more proportionally human, and less like a double stacked blowup doll, that character model is so top heavy it's hard not to snicker when she's on screen)

This one looks interesting. Looking forward to a super special awesome "doll" fight when we get to the last episode. Also, the song we get to hear when Utao summons the doll, I'm soooo gonna listen to it all the time as soon as I can find it (dont even know the name yet).

(i only wish the main love interest looked more proportionally human, and less like a double stacked blowup doll, that character model is so top heavy it's hard not to snicker when she's on screen)

Agreed. After the scientist chick was introduced, I realized this series is going the High school of the Dead approach to breasts. Nothing more than a slightly unrealistic attempt at fan service, so I can ignore it more or less.

Really surprised there's such a small fallowing for this though, it looks like it might be the surprise sleeper of the season, depending on whether they do something interesting with those dolls or not. I'm still hoping for a Narutaru level of violence and mayhem. The short flashbacks show some promise to that effect.

Episode Three has me really excited

As I hoped, the cute monsters and slice of lifeness is being combined with a violent and psychotic storyline. Parallels to Narutaru (manga) abound. The first part of the episode was really enjoyable, seeing the driver get impaled was great and unexpected, as well as the second driver getting dismembered. I wonder if it will go the Narutaru route and break all these happy go lucky characters in half by the end. :drool:

As I hoped, the cute monsters and slice of lifeness is being combined with a violent and psychotic storyline. Parallels to Narutaru (manga) abound. The first part of the episode was really enjoyable, seeing the driver get impaled was great and unexpected, as well as the second driver getting dismembered. I wonder if it will go the Narutaru route and break all these happy go lucky characters in half by the end. :drool:

... You're really sadistic aren't you...?

... You're really sadistic aren't you...?

Maybe just a bit :pickleda:

But really, if they took out the fact that people are being violently killed, this would be a retarded Zatch Bell or Pokemon type anime, where the fights between the dolls would be boring and meaningless.

Haha! Legend!

episode 2 & 3... i'm still on the fence with this one. the "buy your antagonist a cheeseburger" relationship is pretty unique, and i love how the protagonist is actually powerless and has to rely on his little sister.

but the characters are pretty much forgettable other wise. if the plot becomes better i may stick too it.

it does have a narutaru feel to it alright but then again this isnt a bad thing at all :smile:
ep:4 a pretty exciting and intense episode im acually starting to like this series at last
about the sensei, this is just a guess but i think she was killed by aki thats y kyouhei got so pissed when she got mentioned
oh and nice face pounding :smile:

Last edited:
Finished up ep. 03

biggthumpup.gif

Wow, that was pretty damn awesome!
It actually had a really nice mix of comedy cuteness and sociopathic violence.

This series is a surprise series and definitely one of the better ones of the ones I'm watching this season.
I'm looking forward to finding out about the dark backstory that they keep hinting at.

I loved how the MC snapped and beat Aki's face in. I highly suspect that field of corpses he keeps flashing to ties into what Aki was talking about "sensei".

This is definitely my favorite anime of the season now

Although there was way too much ecchi in the first half, and it wasn't even that great, as I saw it coming a mile a way. On the the actually important parts, that beat down the protagonist did was frikken awesome, and the interactions of the characters and the character development that ensured was handled very, very well. The mysterious twin sister at the end was pretty unexpected, it seems that way more questions are going to be raised before any answers are given. Even though there was no more violence than the fisticuffs, I really really felt the seething anger of the protagonist, and his wishy-washy behavior before this has now been redeemed.

Back