Yuru Yuri

And for those who want to keep track, here's the relationship chart from the homepage.

yyrltnchrt_l.jpg

First episode. That was...interesting. Creepy little sister obsessed room and unsettling blonde chick aside, i enjoyed it.

I was quite tired when I watched it but I found the first episode to be quite amusing. Her sister's room cracked me up to be honest. A lot of little things hit my funny bone in this first episode. Though like I said, I was very tired so who knows... >_>

I'm at least excited for future episodes at this point.

I was hoping it was going to be like Lucky Star or K-On.... instead I got more of A-Channel.

I am very disappoint.

I was hoping it was going to be like Lucky Star or K-On.... instead I got more of A-Channel.

I am very disappoint.

I haven't seen A-Channel, but to me this series was "Lucky Star+K-ON+Yuri"... sounds like a winning formula to me. I was laughing fairly hard while I was watching this! I hope we get to meet the sister at some point! XD

I haven't seen A-Channel, but to me this series was "Lucky Star+K-ON+Yuri"... sounds like a winning formula to me. I was laughing fairly hard while I was watching this! I hope we get to meet the sister at some point! XD
Both this and A-channel relies on extremely cliche humor with a very large amount of ecchi mixed in, while shows like Lucky Star and K-on has sharp and witty writing (yes yes, they both have their moe characters and all, but not nearly as much in the way of panty humor).

ep 1.

I won't write this show off just yet, because it's seems to like to self-parody at times and the yuri really isn't overdone yet. I mean, I can only think of Maria Holic lately and that one was more over the top than this. Perhaps it will be like A-Channel, perhaps it will be better, I won't make this prediction yet. It hasn't thrown my off enough yet to stop watching. I'll give it a few episodes.

For what it ...., I'm someone who found A-channel mediocre but watch-able. I'm not easily put-off by mediocre animes.

Both this and A-channel relies on extremely cliche humor with a very large amount of ecchi mixed in, while shows like Lucky Star and K-on has sharp and witty writing (yes yes, they both have their moe characters and all, but not nearly as much in the way of panty humor).

A-Channel had nowhere near the amount of "ecchi" this show has. Heck i think there was more boob groping in Yuru's first episode than there was in the entirety of A channel's series.

Heck i think there was more boob groping in Yuru's first episode than there was in the entirety of A channel's series.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the boob groping count was 1. That doesn't really seem so over the top to me. Haruhi also had boob groping but I liked that show (for other reasons). This show struck me as a lot more clever than A channel, but I wouldn't know since I dropped it after a couple episodes (too mediocre).

Me and my roommate watched the first episode yesterday. Seems like a good series, going to continue watching it. The mysterious Sister's room was kinda creepy. Imagine if your sister had a room with stuff like that?

Unless you have Satou-sensei's tastes in foreheads, A-Channel is in no way ecchi. Lucky Star minus otaku references = A-Channel. Mediocre? Sure, but not ecchi.

Back on topic, I too found the first episode of Yuru Yuri to be funny. I laughed more watching this one episode than from the entirety of the two aforementioned shows. I am cautiously optimistic.

Unless you have Satou-sensei's tastes in foreheads, A-Channel is in no way ecchi. Lucky Star minus otaku references = A-Channel. Mediocre? Sure, but not ecchi.

Back on topic, I too found the first episode of Yuru Yuri to be funny. I laughed more watching this one episode than from the entirety of the two aforementioned shows. I am cautiously optimistic.

caught the first two eps.

not impressed... too much yuri vision... too many explosive nose bleeds... it was like Maria+Holic only less funny and with a cast of unreasonably oversexed 12yos.

the unknown sister's room was the best part of both eps. probably not going to watch much more of this... might give it another ep though

caught the first two eps.

not impressed... too much yuri vision... too many explosive nose bleeds... it was like Maria+Holic only less funny and with a cast of unreasonably oversexed 12yos.

the unknown sister's room was the best part of both eps. probably not going to watch much more of this... might give it another ep though

The show is called Yuru YURI. What else were you expecting? Anyway, episode 2...that was freaking hilarious. This show officially has itself one more dedicated watcher.

Last edited:
ep 2.

It's called Yuru Yuri and it's meeting my expectations in terms of content ( yuri ). I'm pretty entertained so I'll keep watching it. The two newly introduced characters were pretty entertaining. Though the nosebleeds were very reminiscent of Maria holic in somewhat quantity and imagination trigger.

yeah.. i know it's about yuri... just the oversexed 12yo was a bit much. I can get light cute yuri... this was just annoying and insane.

it was like watching an anime about some 12 boy popping an explosive nosebleed everything anything approaching a female form crossed his vision or imagination. Or in this anime's case, even just HEARING two females talk triggering the explosive nosebleed.

thats not funny that's tiresome. even kanako, as delusional as she was, didn't geyser every sentence in a simple convo between two girls... (she was bound to irrational flights of fancy, but she didn't turn literally every single exchange between two girls into some yuri fantasy; as long as the grey haired girl is around every single sentence exchanged by the purple haired girl and the blond girl was treated to an explosive nosebleed)

Back