arnexks
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Just recently read a really great manga called "The Fable", It's like a mature GTO and it is a really fun read. Huge recommend.
    arnexks
    arnexks
    Too bad there is only 90 chapters translated (as far as I looked).
    Never seen a horror anime, that worked. There are many good horror manga, but this is the rare case where the medium doesn't translate.
    smeg
    smeg
    now, the big thing about individual differences and creating something scary is that all 7+ billion of us wonderful people living on the best of all possible worlds have our own fears and phobias and trauma for reasons that are, to some extent at least, unique to each and every one of us.
    smeg
    smeg
    and so anyone trying to make horror needs to hope she either casts her metaphorical net especially well, is skilled at writing and visual art, or appeals to some more baseline fear we all share by force of nature (fear of harm)
    smeg
    smeg
    sorry if this was too rambly, i always start poking holes in my own arguments after a while. hope i got most of what i wanted to say covered. cheers
    An anime, that imploded at the end. Your pick for worst ending.
    Vuh
    Vuh
    True Tears. One of the worst endings I've seen with awful twists to the characterizations in the last like...2 episodes.
    Curiousmadra
    Curiousmadra
    Personally BNA
    smeg
    smeg
    Another kinda went down the drain halfway through, dunno if ura sekai picnic counts since IMO it barely managed to get into the air before crashing into a dung heap. i'll still rewatch Another just for the first half, fight me
    I hate the idea of "hate the industry/pity the creator". It is their choice of work, they choose how to go about it. Some work in months...
    arnexks
    arnexks
    some in weeks, but if they get burned out they usually take a break. But there is this preconception, that they are slaves to the manga industry's status quo, which in my opinion is silly. Why does 1 artist publish 2 chapters a month, while another makes 2 chapters in 3 months.
    arnexks
    arnexks
    I believe, that there are most definite cases of overworking, but the notion of hating on the industry that pays them and brings us enjoyment is beyond me.
    Isekai's are like milk. Drink too much and you'll puke. But after having too much, you still go ahead and drink it again.
    smeg
    smeg
    i dunno man, i don't know nearly enough about this to have a proper discussion about it. just wish there was less rpg mechanics and more fantastical, fleshed-out, out-there worlds.
    you know, floating islands, flying whales, endless legend stuff, things of that nature

maybe isekai manga would be better for that, if there's anything you'd want to recommend i'd be all ears

also sorry for the rambling lol
    arnexks
    arnexks
    @smeg I completely agree. Heck don't say sorry for the rambles, I write on my status provocative shit that makes you think for that very reason. I enjoy hearing others opinions and want to get a discussion going.
    arnexks
    arnexks
    @smeg Also when you spread the seas of modernity and boring tropes (like Moses) you sometimes find something real tasteful. For an example Goblin Slayer is one of the best Isekais, that I have ever red, cus it takes inspiration and mechanics from D & D and I find that real enjoyable.
    Shonen's most often than not fail to build a captivating romance, Seinen's beat that, yet build boring plots. Thoughts?
    g3data
    g3data
    I think general statements centered entirely around broad demographic labels are more often than not, exaggerated and pointless.
    arnexks
    arnexks
    @g3data I make a broad statement because I wish, that someone would correct me or show his own opinion. I wish for a debate, I think that notion is not pointless.
    I'm on that Manhwa/manhua grind. Chineese manhuas have a bad tendency to prolong the story and to implode so I have a bias for manhwas.
    Slice of life needs another genre to support it, cus on Its own it really gets boring fast.
    arnexks
    arnexks
    I have yet to find a manga/anime solely to be a slice of life which I didn't drop. Maybe that's just me.
    Curiousmadra
    Curiousmadra
    @arnexks yeah there have been times where I dropped a series that was based on slice of life e.g. kino's journey, Natsume's Book of Friends and Mushi-Shi
    arnexks
    arnexks
    @TheNuisance1 Oh Mushi-shi is more like a spiritual journey, than a slice of life. Well Mushi-shi is really strange: hard to find a genre that it fits in and also it is different in the sense, that it's hard to compare it to other anime. There is a video essay called "the Haunting Calm of Mushi-shi" it explains the main idea.
    Korean Isekai's are weird, cus they are reversed: the fantasy/videogame world comes to the real world and now there's dungeons.
    arnexks
    arnexks
    that's basically the gist of it. There are some wacky tropes as well: mother figure having an uncurable illness, protagonist becoming more edgy over-time and my favorite the one-off romantic interest chapters where after those you don't see the love interest for 50+ chapters again.
    Oscar90
    Oscar90
    Sounds interesting.
    LUCIIIII
    LUCIIIII
    They are weird but for some reason I enjoy reading them hahaha.
    Probably because I enjoy coloured art and the characters for the most part ^^
    Check out Tatami Galaxy. Most artistic/pretty anime I've ever seen (didn't see Mononoke, it could be a close contender).
    Oscar90
    Oscar90
    I've seen screen shots of that and a friend of mine loves the artstyle. I need to add it to my list.
    arnexks
    arnexks
    @Oscar90 Very special premise. Prolly one of my most favorite anime.
    LUCIIIII
    LUCIIIII
    Ooh I am wanting to watch it. I watched the new movie sequel not long ago, and enjoyed it quite a lot. So I might just watch the full anime :)
    In my opinion Fullmetal Alchemist is better than Attack on Titan.
    Ebonyslayer
    Ebonyslayer
    I also agree. And its not like FMA is flawless, but it has better pacing than AOT.
    Madoka
    Madoka
    I certainly agree to this, it doesn't help i feel AoT could of been done in 2 seasons and i in turn lost interest but i just think FMA is better at telling its story and pacing it too.
    TheMonsterUnderUrBed
    TheMonsterUnderUrBed
    I agree. Although I have only watch season 1 of AOT so my decision might change... I doubt it tho
    Yandere characters are always very similar to other yandere characters and more often than not they are poorly written or just boring.
    crowwolf
    crowwolf
    i really cant think of many besides yuno or i think esdeath might qualify as one. or the chick from school days.
    Ebonyslayer
    Ebonyslayer
    Though personally I find dorodere-type characters more interesting.
    Dorohedoro is my favorite manga, but I gave it a 9.
    Curiousmadra
    Curiousmadra
    I’ve yet to read the manga, wasn’t a fan of the anime despite ppl thinking it’s good (totally respect btw)
    arnexks
    arnexks
    Art is real weird (amazing that is), plot is twisted, phantasmagorical. Different in a lot of ways from typical shonen. You get to see the views of a lot of characters (evil and good) also there are hard unexpected plottwists.
    Anyone that claims that Avatar is not an anime is a person that is wrong.
    Slinderman407
    Slinderman407
    I 100% agree with that... Though Legend of Kora shall be left off the list of anime.
    Curiousmadra
    Curiousmadra
    I call every cartoon anime
    arnexks
    arnexks
    I believe that anime is defined by being inspired in some way by the japaneese/asian culture. That way anime like God of Highschool and Avatar would fit into that category(even though avatar was made for a western audience and God of Highschool is a korean webtoon)
    I do not plan to commit arson. Federal crime is not a part of my bucket list.
    Gyre
    Gyre
    As it shouldn’t be on your bucket list
    arnexks
    arnexks
    Arson is kinda wack though, it's hard to commit arson and find an excuse to why you did it. Like a flex crime.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back