interregnum
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Fate full-franchise-watch journal updated. Location: Apocrypha. Status: Regret.
    Hayane
    Hayane
    Despite everyone saying it was bad, I actually enjoyed it. Welp, dont give up!
    interregnum
    interregnum
    @Hayane There's a lot to criticize, but the only thing that really bothers me--and bothers me worse than there not seeming to be a plot, 7 episodes in--is this Joan of Arc/homunculus nonsense, the undoubted importance of which I find more worrisome than Jack the Ripper being a loli in a thong.

But...in for penny, as they say...
    Hayane
    Hayane
    Don't take fate ever extremely seriously lul, like there is Mordred's 'past' to be revealed ...I am not sure if you already did....so xD......
    So...Cassandra, disheartened by never being believed, must've bought little figurines of her epic poem waifus to bolster her spirits, right?
    Today, I bought Fate statues, and I don't hate myself as much as I should. Which worries me. But not as much as it should. Which worries me.
    Akishima
    Akishima
    @interregnum: Ooh, what sort of kinky Fate figures did you get? Now I'm really curious. :P You could link the listing here if you're so inclined- or not, lol.
    interregnum
    interregnum
    @Akishima Oh! Of course! Um, yeah, I can do that. I'll give it a go later today.

And, actually, I didn't get the "kinky" one, even though I wanted to so very, very badly.
    Akishima
    Akishima
    @interregnum: How disappointing- there's so many great sexy Fate figures. I have yet to buy a Saber- I want to, but deciding among probably hundreds of figures is so hard.
    Only Inio Asano could do a flashback in his dour, nihilistic tale of futility that is even more dour and nihilistic than his main storyline.
    When you feel like the fan-favorite girl who loses in the love triangle, remember: your show's not popular enough for a DVD release anyway.
    Scalpelexis
    Scalpelexis
    There is too much of 4th wall in that, my friend. If she knew, she wouldn't try to be such a fan-favorite!
    interregnum
    interregnum
    "Okay, so...how about: Fate Stay/Night--but Monogatari," he said.
    interregnum
    interregnum
    @Nekus Indeed I am.

Though, so far, I'd say...actually, no, you're probably more right than I initially thought. I love Monogatari, but its weak points are exhausting to sit through. And Fate/Extra/Last Call You F***ing Drunks/Whatever has A LOT of that.

I like Red Saber, though. Possibly because, in a Fate Stay/Night reversal, she's the only one with a personality.
    Nekus
    Nekus
    Nero is definitely a great thing in a very meh show.
    interregnum
    interregnum
    @Nekus ...I guess Red Saber is Nero, then.
    So...if I'm 3 eps into Code Geass and kind of hate everything about it, do I give up or am I on the cusp of really getting into it?
    Ebonyslayer
    Ebonyslayer
    It depends on how much you like the characters. Kind of did it for Johnny Bosch, but you're going to see a big contrivance later on in season one, and several in season 2. Some people simply like it for how ridiculous it feels, but I don't want that to be the sole reason why I watch it. So if you want a mecha anime that does make sense, then no, I don't recommend it.
    interregnum
    interregnum
    @Ebonyslayer Aaaaaand dropped.

I was already fuming at the mind control powers, so if that's not even the most egregious thing headed my way...yeah, not gonna bother.

Thank y'kindly, my friend.
    And we are back to having a crush on Elizabeth Olsen.
    D4RKS3NS3I
    D4RKS3NS3I
    Thank god I'm not the only one lmao
    interregnum
    interregnum
    @D4RKS3NS3I Hey, not many girls can range from Eurotrash to Mary Tyler Moore and rock it at all points.

How could ya not crush, right?
    Place your bets: 9 shows enter the "New Season Watch List" arena...how many make it through? (The over/under is 6--but 3 are S2 keepers.)
    I seem preternaturally determined to enjoy drum & bass. In completely unrelated news, I hate myself.
    I'm going to watch the whole of the Fate franchise--and, for the record, not just so I have an excuse to watch the magical girls spinoff.
    Nekus
    Nekus
    I went through that journey myself in 2020... it's long and arduous (a lot of spin off are shit). So... godspeed brother and if you need to complain to someone drop me a dm.
    interregnum
    interregnum
    @Nekus Gonna finish UBW tonight, then probably give it a little bit while I check out the new offerings for this season before jumping to...whichever one I have up next.

Though, while we're on it...having just sit through f***ing Shirou being the MC, I now DEMAND you apologize for all the mean things you said about Kazuya on Rent-a-Girlfriend.
    Nekus
    Nekus
    I absolutely refuse to do that. But... Yeah Shirou sucks as well. Especially in the OG fate/stay night 2006.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back