Comments on Profile Post by Vega

1. Schizm
    Schizm
    You can help by telling me how to advance in Sekiro (assuming you've played it) :P
    Aug 17, 2019
  2. Vega
    Vega
    Depends on where you're at! I haven't played in months
    Aug 17, 2019
  3. Schizm
    Schizm
    Ashina Castle/Reservoir after Blazing Bull. The minibosses are seriously testing my patience at this point as well as the tengu on the roofs xD
    Aug 17, 2019
  4. sothis
    sothis
    i platinumed it awhile ago, AMA
    Aug 17, 2019
  5. Schizm
    Schizm
    Damn, you're crazy... how the hell did you get past Seven Spears guy?! Or Genichiro?! Not to mention that giant ape and true corrupted monk... *faints*
    Aug 17, 2019
  6. sothis
    sothis
    @Schizm not gonna lie i did cheese one boss #iregretnothing (demon of hatred, OH WELL!!!). beyond that, lots of lots of pain. Genichiro seriously took me weeks to get past, while others I know took days. Frustrating, but eventually I "got it". Videos help too but not that much for me
    Aug 17, 2019
  7. sothis
    sothis
    also a key is to backstab once for most of the bosses. 7 spears you can stealth around the backside of the cliff (left side), through the house, backstab him once. Then honestly, just get good at mikiri counter. i held off on taking it seriously till around this point, when you really do need to be skillful at it. After you've got it down, lots of these dudes get so much easier
    Aug 17, 2019
  8. sothis
    sothis
    sorry vega for all the spam but last post - @Schizm honestly Genichirou was the turning point for me. I almost quit the game at that point (well, and one other boss later on) but when i finally beat him, I felt like I had exponentially increased my skill at the game. I'm glad I didn't cheese him because it was a mandatory skillset for everyone else after
    Aug 17, 2019
  9. Vega
    Vega
    No worries! I'm still stuck on genichiro after all these months
    Aug 17, 2019
  10. Schizm
    Schizm
    @sothis I used the stealth tactic on all the bosses so far but the deflection game on some after that is just madness and I'm always too late when jumping over sweeps and get rekt. Mikiri counter is a definitely a life saver though.
    Aug 17, 2019
  11. Schizm
    Schizm
    @Vega Genichiro is where most players give up it seems with that erratic style of his. Seeing that one through has to improve your skills a lot at least. Let's see if I'll ever get there.

Also think I'm gonna create a Soulsborne thread after this.
    Aug 17, 2019
  12. Vega
    Vega
    There already is one I think? I forget exactly what it's called.
    Aug 17, 2019
  13. sothis
    sothis
    undoing your souls/bloodborne muscle memory is the biggest challenge. thats part of why it took me so long to get good at the game. genichirou really forces learning how to be slow, purposeful, and parry, i also didnt get till way later that if you button mash, there's a delay for how soon you can cancel, so you can't actually block or parry. slowing down is key
    Aug 17, 2019
  14. Schizm
    Schizm
    I only ever played Demon's Souls and Bloodborne a little so I haven't really developed muscle memory for them. Thought that would give me an edge in Sekiro but guess not :D I enjoy the intense parrying battles though, especially when winning them.
    Aug 17, 2019
  15. Schizm
    Schizm
    @Vega I found the thread and turns out you created it. If it's ok I'll create a new thread and merge the three posts of the existing one with it (or just rename yours) .

Also sorry for overtaking your profile post xD
    Aug 17, 2019
  16. sothis
    sothis
    @Schizm better to create one for Sekiro if it doesn't exist - could do tips in there, etc. versus one thread for all From games
    Aug 17, 2019