Post badge ideas here!

Seeing as long-as-time anime have their badges (such as DBZ, Naruto and Conan), i'd like to suggest a Lupin III badge "You've seen so many successful heists that you're ready to do some of your own!" or something like that

Seeing as long-as-time anime have their badges (such as DBZ, Naruto and Conan), i'd like to suggest a Lupin III badge "You've seen so many successful heists that you're ready to do some of your own!" or something like that

Waaaaaay too long of a name...:...: I see what you did there...

I actually like the idea of giving manga based awards depending on the magazine it was serialized it. Maybe that'd give them the incentive to actually list the magazines associated to the manga.
Plus they'd have to have dengeki daioh and manga time kirara, that way, when I get the badges, everyone would know how manly I am.

As for other stuff, has anyone had the idea for watching a certain number of anime for each genre. Or tagging site reviews as things. Commenting on other people's blogs. watching a high number of web animes (I mean who does that?) Or even baking this site a cake. I mean, Who wouldnt want to bake a website a cake?

Just my suggestions.

"Takamura" Badge - for watching all Hajime no Ippo
"Aren't you popular" Badge - Getting X amount of clicks to AP from your signature
"insomniac" Badge - Having been logged in for X amount of days without logging out.
"fair and balanced" Badge - most of your anime and/or manga ratings are a 2.5 or 3.
"optimistic" Badge - Over X amount of anime in your "want to watch list"
"ADHD" badge - Over X amount of anime in your "stalled list"
"Oldschool" badge - Watching X amount of anime produced before 1990 (or something similar to that year).
"Creepy Crawly" badge - Watched X amount of anime involving insects (el hazard, mushiuta)
"Short attention span" badge - Watched X amount of OVAs/Movies
"Couch Potato" - Watched X amount of anime with 50+ episodes.

Badges according to the number of site recommendations you have (1, 5, 10, etc)

Badges according to how many posts you have on the forum as well. Maybe starting with higher increments (100, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, etc)

I think site badges for forum posts are not possible since the accounts of one another are not linked to each other yet.

We should have a badge for having watched everything made by Satoshi Kon.

100% planned - i was initially going to launch this with v1 but the problem is, he has a movie being released in 2011. so, we cant have it be 'watched all' till theres a chance to watch that one :)

im open to ideas on other deceased staff members that we could have badges for, since in theory more wont come out from that person, its the only way we can do an 'all watched' type of badge

How about a badge that shows in which continent you live?

So, a badge for Europe, America, Asia, Africa etc (maybe, North, South, west and east in every continent). Would be nice to place in signature.

Maybe a badge for those who have donated money to the site? Special badge for those who have donated over a certain amount?

donation badges are definitely coming, it might be a crappy process to make sure people have the right amounts (ive been keeping every paypal donation mail since badges were started to be planned, ie im pretty sure PRE V3, but its possible ill miss some)

this is why we originally came up with the bronze/silver/gold/platinum idea on the user homepage which ive permanently forgotten to update :/

Just a stray thought, for a badge idea:

Conflicted: among the characters the user has rated as "loved" is a character from an anime that the user has given an extremely low rating.

As for donation badges, may I suggest that you keep the amount totally out of it? What is important is that the user has shown his support by donating, not how much money he or she has given. After all, not everybody has the same financial resources -- one person's petty cash is the other person's monthly food budget.

- abunai

Last edited:
yeah if we were to do levels, there would not be a dollar amount listed (just levels, like bronze/silver/gold/whatever), though i can see your point. is there a way to both leave amounts out, but also reward the people who go above and beyond, as far as how much it ultimately helps the site?

an awesome teacher badge, for those who've watched anime with well...awesome teachers like Great Teacher Onizuka, Gokusen, etc

Perhaps it's been mentioned already, but personally I'd love a badge for High Stakes Games tagged anime. ^^
And another for Survival!

Back