Gaming Discussion Thread

So now I'm around 90-91% done with CTR. All that's left is to get 2 specific tokens (Which are too hard) in order to get 2 specific gems, and I need to get all the silver(?) relics, but that's too impossible for me, so I'm basically finished with this until my best friend can finally come over and possibly help me.

Now I'm playing THPS 2, which is a mostly fun ride so far. (Pun a little bit intended. :P)

Got 3rd place in the first tourney, and am currently trying to obtain 15000 in-game dollars to unlock the next level.
Needless to say, trying to get the secret tape at the school is driving me insane, and trying to get 40'000+ trick points? Yeah, might be my low self-esteem talking, but I suck too much to do that... (`~`)
I suck at Pro Skater 2 as well! :-D

I have the Dreamcast version and the remaster that's a combo of 1 and 2, I wish I could be as good as the stuff I see on youtube ;-; Those 2 minute time limits on Career mode are brutal. I'm used to Pro Skater 4 which let you freely explore the levels! xD

Thank goodness I played Steins;Gate's romcom spin-off before S;G Zero, because holy shit this is a depressing start. Those wholesome wordlines I just read through will be my strength moving forward.
I appreciate that this sequel does respect the original game's true ending, though. They really did find a good reality in that game and apparently they're gonna leave it at that - no "oh, actually the Steins Gate worldline also turns into a shithole in like 10 years" or anything of the sort.

Instead, Zero starts off in one of the Beta wordlines where Okabe gave up on saving Kurisu after literally stabbing through her, then moved on with his life - as well as he possibly can with severe PTSD. It's smart to pick up right where an actual tragic event of the first game left off and in a timeline that we already know is headed for disaster, rather than just inventing a whole new problem after the true ending for the mere sake of making the protagonists suffer more.

That's another strong point of how S;G's wordlines work: every single reality feels like a canon possibility worth going through and exploring, as opposed to random what-ifs best left alone - because while only one world exists at a time, infinite wordlines always run parallel as possibilities. So whatever it throws at me, I'm decently invested, be that a deathly drama or silly romance shenanigans with Lukako.

Compared to the first game this will have big shoes to fill for me (seriously, Elite had me bawling constantly), but even if it doesn't reach the same heights I'm hoping to enjoy it as its own thing. Just wish I had a friend who was into the series to properly chat about it.

I suck at Pro Skater 2 as well! :-D

I have the Dreamcast version and the remaster that's a combo of 1 and 2, I wish I could be as good as the stuff I see on youtube ;-; Those 2 minute time limits on Career mode are brutal. I'm used to Pro Skater 4 which let you freely explore the levels! xD
The first game has a lot of nostalgia and fun memories for me, since it was my first Tony Hawk game as a little kid. I even got my mom to play it back in the day. xD

I've only played the PS1 and N64 versions of Pro Skater 1 & 2, and the PS2 and GameCube versions of THUG 2. (I did play the PS2 version of the first THUG, but I never really got into it. 2 will always be my favorite though.)

I've been kinda curious about the remaster. Does it hold up well? o:

Yeah, I never cared for that either, but then again I can't stand when levels/challenges in games are timed in general. Makes me feel too rushed lol. :sweat:

Ooh, I'll keep that in mind! Hopefully I'll be able to get Pro Skater 3 and 4 for my birthday this year. :D

The first game has a lot of nostalgia and fun memories for me, since it was my first Tony Hawk game as a little kid. I even got my mom to play it back in the day. xD

I've only played the PS1 and N64 versions of Pro Skater 1 & 2, and the PS2 and GameCube versions of THUG 2. (I did play the PS2 version of the first THUG, but I never really got into it. 2 will always be my favorite though.)

I've been kinda curious about the remaster. Does it hold up well? o:

Yeah, I never cared for that either, but then again I can't stand when levels/challenges in games are timed in general. Makes me feel too rushed lol. :sweat:

Ooh, I'll keep that in mind! Hopefully I'll be able to get Pro Skater 3 and 4 for my birthday this year. :D
I thought the remaster held up pretty well! It's got most of the classic soundtrack and the gameplay is (I think) pretty close to the original versions, and it also feels much nicer to play since the framerate is better. I just wish I was better at it!

Never played Pro Skater 3 but I've had 4 on PS2 for years and that one's always been fun to mess around in, especially with cheat codes. I don't remember a whole lot except there's various missions in Career mode. There's even a tennis mission where you're playing tennis with your skateboard :-D I really liked how over the top some of them are, but then there's ones that are kind of a pain like when you have to get the combo/skate letters.

Officially started Omori last night! I have no idea what to expect with this one. It’s been pretty spooky but also kind of…wholesome? I’m trying to not get too attached to any of these characters considering how depressing I hear it is. But I’m really enjoying it, it’s very creative and I had no idea it had a fucking battle system, that’s so neat.

Omori be like -.-

Officially started Omori last night! I have no idea what to expect with this one. It’s been pretty spooky but also kind of…wholesome? I’m trying to not get too attached to any of these characters considering how depressing I hear it is. But I’m really enjoying it, it’s very creative and I had no idea it had a fucking battle system, that’s so neat.

Omori be like -.-
I'll just say I think Omori's depressing rep is overstated. Imo, it's a bit more wholesome than its reputation suggests. There's dark subject matter but it has a balance of light and dark.

I won't give anything away, but it's not a game that is out to punish you for feeling things.

I'll just say I think Omori's depressing rep is overstated. Imo, it's a bit more wholesome than its reputation suggests. There's dark subject matter but it has a balance of light and dark.

I won't give anything away, but it's not a game that is out to punish you for feeling things.
Well that’s a relief, I was gonna get attached to everyone either way though :frustrat:

Finished my first playthrough of Dead Space remake and working on the NG+ run now. Not much to add to what I've previously said, I'm still very much enjoying my time with this and this is easily my favorite remake ever. Two things I noticed that I've really liked are how you can actually use kinesis to rip off a necromorph limb that's just barely attached after you've shot it a few times and you can use the knockdown effect from the weighted blades ability on the plasma cutter to give yourself a decent escape window in combat. This makes combat so much fun and I don't think I'll be able to go back to the original version of the game after this.

Also really loved one of the new story tweaks they did. Even if you've played the original you might not want to open this spoiler tag until you've played through the remake for yourself.
They ramped up the Nicole hallucination twist from the original by making it so that what you think is the Nicole hallucination is actually Elizabeth Cross and what she's seeing is you as Jacob Temple. That was fucking brilliant and totally threw me off when Kendra was holding her hostage. I was like "wait a minute how is she holding a hallucination hostage" then that twist happens.

Omori be like -.-

Mfw I see someone playing Omori:
omori-happy-omori.gif

Mfw I see someone playing Omori:
omori-happy-omori.gif
Oh update on Omori playthrough so far:
We are looking for Basil after playing hide and seek and going to his shoe house where he glitched out?I'm still wondering why he lives in a shoe, but you do you buddy. So we lost him and we went up a big ol' ladder and we are in like outerspace or something and we have to help this pirate boyfriend find his missing cassette. That's where I left off before I had to go to my class today. Tonight or tomorrow I will probably play more. So far, Aubrey is my favorite, because she seems like she's nice to everyone but Kel and its funny.

Finished my NG+ run of Dead Space remake and got the secret ending!
To be honest I was expecting something a little crazier, but I like how it ties into the lore from the sequels about how more intelligent people who fall under the sway of the Marker signals end up compelled to make more Markers themselves. For newer players I think it's a good bit of foreshadowing of future games in the series. Maybe this means we'll see Dead Space 2 remake if EA feels like it?

Very much enjoyed my time with this. Easily the best game I've played out of this whole remake craze (if you ask me, it's far better than RE2 remake considering how they botched the B scenarios in that one BADLY) and if Dead Space winds up going dormant once again at least we can say the franchise ended on a bang rather than the disappointment of Dead Space 3. With that said I think Motive certainly has what it takes to make more Dead Space games though it makes me wish EA didn't screw over Visceral. When you think about it EA basically hijacked it from it's original developer, but I don't think EA's previous management would have ever brought the series back to begin with.

Gonna be annoying and double post but I wanted to update everyone on my progress in Omori.
So I’ve gotten to what seems to be the “real world” or real life. I was thinking between Sunny/Omori waking up in reality twice now, that perhaps the crazy and colorful world we see at the beginning of Omori is just Sunny dreaming. I was gonna accept that Omori just takes place in a weird world, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. So in that same line of thought, I thought, maybe he is dreaming of childhood friends or making up friends in his mind, and I guess I was kind of right? It looks like the time we spent in that weird universe is just Sunny dreaming of his friends from his childhood and when they were all younger, but kind of in a dreamscape setting and a lot of the stuff we see in his dreams are stuff he remembers seeing while he’s awake. Which is pretty cool. So it looks like currently in real life: Kel is the same, Aubrey is a delinquent now and looks super badass, Sunny is the same??, Basil is kinda the same, and Hero is probably the same just older lol…haven’t seen him in the real world yet though
I also noticed in my save file, it doesn’t say I’m in the Prologue anymore…it says “3 Days Left”…3 days till what? I have a few ideas but I’m not sure about any of them. Whatever it is, I BET it has something to do with Basil. Basil seems to be a very important part of this story even if he’s not really in our party ever. My first theory was that maybe Basil committed suicide, but he’s still alive in the real world so…maybe the countdown is to when Sunny or Basil commits suicide? Or when Sunny moves away? I don’t know. I do have a huge hunch that maybe Basil is being abused at home, but not a ton of evidence of that either, just a hunch. Whatever the countdown means, it can’t be good. I’m scared lol

Back