Sankarea

Re: Sankarea (Manga)

I'm not entirely sure but here's what i think about the raw
Darin said that rea may not decay any more because she has eaten chihiro's heart and somehow will no longer decay?(Don't ask me why he's still alive) What I don't like about this chapter is the twist where chihiro suddenly appears as if it's natural.
Also my favourite pic is http://img674.imageshack.us/img674/... from the extra chapter though *Post Edited

Last edited by a moderator:

Chapters are comming in quick now (translated)
I still believe it would be alot better if it ended at chapter 55

The romantic dates then Rea waking up having eaten him, of course still a next chapter to finish the drama some more, possibly even giving Rea a happy ending, sort of happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge-08FPD6LA

I had read the raw but couldnt understand the text, unfortunally the text didnt improve it. It is a real ''lame'' ending, s uch as waste. All this build up with drama only to end it with tha big cliché of tricking the audience into believing he is dead, let the characters talk in cryptic ways to confirm that only to suddenly let him show up. That is just the easy lazy way out to get some sales/thrills.

I would of given it 5/5 stars if it was really Chihiro`s funeral. I would have believed his heart could ''cure'' her but him surviving that even though he is a little bit zombie aswell...not really.

Despite that the manga was really entertaining. It started out light and comedic (with a pinch of ecchi) but it ended in a bloodbath drama.
I love dark mangas (like Berserk the revenge part)

4,5 / 5

Last edited:
I stalled this manga back when the anime was airing. I got through about half of it, and seeing as I just watched the anime today (which was nowhere near as good as the manga from what I remember: they cut a bunch of content, did an original ending, mishandled the pacing by making two episodes focus on side characters at random moments, etc), I figure I should finish this now or I might never.

I'm glad my positive memories of the manga from years ago weren't inflated. Gets me all motivated to pick it back up again, which I definitely will be doing soon.

gave it a read after watching the anime a while back, did not regret it, was a great read, one thing I kinda wish tho is that it had ended on chapter 55, would have been a much sadder ending if it had but I feel like it would have fit the story a bit better

Back