Bleach

Okay, am I the only one that is totally pissed off by this? How the hell did Ichigo beat Grimmjow?

I mean...he goes around, fights a few ppl, can't hold his vizard form for more then some crappy number of seconds...and then SUDDENY he whips enough power out of his ass to beat GRIMMJOW of all people! It just doesn't make any sense.

I know, as a huge Grimmjow fan, I am a bit biased, but COME ON! How the hell did he beat him?

Ichigo winning was pure bullshit. Grimmjow was beating the living shit out of Ichigo 90% of the fight. He put 2 holes into him, knocked him around God knows how many times. Ichigo even took a few direct hits from Grimmjow's Panther Claw and his spike attacks. To top it all off, he was LOSING power from his mask disappearing. Yet, he SOMEHOW cuts through Grimmjow's strongest attack and Grimmjow is SOMEHOW beaten with a few cuts.

Ichigo only got 3 good hits on him with his sword (not counting the one on his arm because it didn't even pierce him.)

*Sigh*, Kubo couldn't even think up of a good reason for Ichigo winning besides Inoue wanting him "not to get hurt anymore." All Kubo did was pull a DBZ on Gok-, I mean Ichigo to make him win.

"Kurosaki-kun
wtf.png
" + "Itsygo
argh.png
" + "Must save Nakama" resolve = Victory
full

I mean seriously, WTF..?!

Because the author said so.

Here for an EDS and ABC Groupwatch!

Hey Discord crew, So I have started it. My third watch. THIRD. This is your fault @Twinkietaem . Ill post as per our schedule. My only real notes so far is I forgot how much of an airhead Orihime is and I love the music!

Looks like I may be the first of the Discord crew to get to milestone 1 (30 eps).

So far I have enjoyed getting to meet all the characters I love and seeing how they originally were at the beginning. It has been a long time since I have seen this early.

Renji never really stops being a dick but he becomes more accepting and friendly as time goes on. He is pretty condescending right now.

So Rukia is trapped in that tower like Rapunzel and her brother is A-OK with her getting killed. Byakuya - chill my dude.

Here is to getting more done, though I may wait a bit as I am early and ahead.

Last edited:
Hope it's still ok for me to join the groupwatch, even though I don't use Discord. :sweat:

Anyway, I used to always get stuck on season 2, and the farthest I got was season 3/close to season 4.

I love Bleach, but I will say the earlier arcs are my favorites. (Thus far, anyway. My mind might change overtime, but I'm thinking I'll still love the early arcs more.)

Well, Kon is...Kon... Not much for me to say. I think he's funny at times, but other than that, I have neutral feelings towards him.

Yeah, he's a butthole now, but like Jordan said, he gets better the more you watch. I actually like him, tbh lol.

Rukia is best girl to me.

Forgot how much the boar dude was annoying.

I didn't like Byakuya other than his looks when I first started watching Bleach, but it'll be revealed in later episodes why he treats Rukia the way he does. Anyway, he's a favorite of mine.

I'll always love the music and animation/artstyle. <3

Hope it's still ok for me to join the groupwatch, even though I don't use Discord. :sweat:

Anyway, I used to always get stuck on season 2, and the farthest I got was season 3/close to season 4.

I love Bleach, but I will say the earlier arcs are my favorites. (Thus far, anyway. My mind might change overtime, but I'm thinking I'll still love the early arcs more.)

Well, Kon is...Kon... Not much for me to say. I think he's funny at times, but other than that, I have neutral feelings towards him.

Yeah, he's a butthole now, but like Jordan said, he gets better the more you watch. I actually like him, tbh lol.

Rukia is best girl to me.

Forgot how much the boar dude was annoying.

I didn't like Byakuya other than his looks when I first started watching Bleach, but it'll be revealed in later episodes why he treats Rukia the way he does. Anyway, he's a favorite of mine.

I'll always love the music and animation/artstyle. <3
We will take anyone! Love to have ya.

Renji and Byakuya always ended up being some of my favourite characters. Byakuya is attractive I agree. My Favourite arc starts at ep 213, so I have a ways to get there.

Here for an ABC groupwatch!

(I made it for first check in, thankfully!)
There is so much nostalgia in these first few arcs. Even just hearing the 1st and 2nd OPs took me back to the days when I had these saved on my grandparents DVR, binging them on the weekends. Orihime, Uryu, Renji, and Gin are still highlights in this show for me, all in different ways. The training episodes were at once both fast and slow with fresher eyes. I ached for them to be over but was excited to see Ichigo grow beyond just "I shout and power up" (no shade to shows with that, just glad to see it not happen here - despite him still yelling pretty hard) These Soul Reaper fights make it all worth it though.
Even beyond all that, I had completely forgot Ganju even existed and Kon still annoys me in every way apart from his backstory.

I'm ready to watch more already <3

Here for an ABC groupwatch!

(I made it for first check in, thankfully!)
There is so much nostalgia in these first few arcs. Even just hearing the 1st and 2nd OPs took me back to the days when I had these saved on my grandparents DVR, binging them on the weekends. Orihime, Uryu, Renji, and Gin are still highlights in this show for me, all in different ways. The training episodes were at once both fast and slow with fresher eyes. I ached for them to be over but was excited to see Ichigo grow beyond just "I shout and power up" (no shade to shows with that, just glad to see it not happen here - despite him still yelling pretty hard) These Soul Reaper fights make it all worth it though.
Even beyond all that, I had completely forgot Ganju even existed and Kon still annoys me in every way apart from his backstory.

I'm ready to watch more already <3
The Shiba clan as a whole are pretty out there, even as decimated as they are. I understand a bit where they are coming from but Ganju is a little rougher than most.

The Shiba clan as a whole are pretty out there, even as decimated as they are. I understand a bit where they are coming from but Ganju is a little rougher than most.

I am really enjoying him so far, I appreciated his quick wit in episodes 26-28. He was a lot to take in at his introduction but by this point its another Ichigo vs. Uryu thing where once they put the egos down they work very well together!

Here for the groupwatch.

I’m not really liking it so far. The story is okay, not something I love but not something I dislike either. I really dislike most of the characters though. The only ones I like are Chad/Sato (best boy) and Hanataro (is that how you write his name?). Uryu is alright I guess. The weird blonde dude with the green and white striped hat is also okay.
My least favourite characters are probably Kon and the small pink haired soul reaper.
I liked the training arc though. I also loved the first ending song, but I don’t really like the second one. I like the second opening song, didn’t really like the first one.

Alright Groupwatch Crew.

Episode 60.

I reached this point fairly early (we are supposed to be here October 14th) but I thought I would make myself known. Aizen is on my hated list for a reason. I have watched this 3 times now and still hate that motherfucker to the bottom of my heart. I have hated him since I watched this for the first time in 2015 ish and still hate him and his douchebaggery.

Otherwise, I am loving the battles and battle music. Byakuya and Ichigo fighting is a dream. I ship them together so bad.

Alright Groupwatch Crew.

Episode 60.

I reached this point fairly early (we are supposed to be here October 14th) but I thought I would make myself known. Aizen is on my hated list for a reason. I have watched this 3 times now and still hate that motherfucker to the bottom of my heart. I have hated him since I watched this for the first time in 2015 ish and still hate him and his douchebaggery.

Otherwise, I am loving the battles and battle music. Byakuya and Ichigo fighting is a dream. I ship them together so bad.
I've got Demon Slayer and ID: Invaded that I'm watching alongside this, so I don't mind waiting until the 14th to get to episode 60. (I know I'm 2 episodes close, but I don't want anyone feeling rushed, so I will wait until the deadline to get to 60.)

But yeah, I will say that I've hated Aizen since the first time I watched Bleach as well. Idc if he's "handsome" (which I have to admit he kinda is ._. ), or if he's a "well written character." I'll always hate him for what he did.

This might be a hot take (pun may or may not be intended :P ), but not only do I love the battles in the anime (especially Ichigo's and Byakuya's), I also love it in the Live-Action. Then again, I am a Miyavi fangirl, so there's that. xD :love:

Here for the groupwatch
Realized late there was one but already caught up to where need be.

1-30

I always like seeing how surprised others are when they notice how much spiritual pressure he has. When I first watch it, didn't completely question why he has so much but definitely should have. I would say Chad is my favorite as he does not like to fight but will if he needs to protect or save someone.

31-60

Just like others have said, I always hated Aizen from when first watched it. He never cared about others, just wanting to do what he wants whenever he wants with no regards how others will be affected. I didn't care for lot of soul reapers at first, but they were just following orders they were given.

Not much for me to say that hasn't already been said, but my thoughts so far:
When I originally watched Bleach, I almost cried when Byakuya was talking about his backstory with Rukia, and his wife. Hit me right in the feels, man. T_T

That one random episode I didn't think was necessary, but whatev. I can appreciate it when serious anime go, well, non-serious at times, but like I said, didn't think that particular episode was necessary.

Edit:
*Sighs* I didn't like this "arc." Bird girl was too annoying for me, but the other two were alright. At least the vampire arc starts.

Last edited:
Finally got to checkpoint 3 (Episode 90).

We are still in my least favourite and most boring arc with the boundts, but it looks like it may be clearing up soon. I miss a bunch of the guys from the soul society already and can't wait until they start travelling back there. I am almost 1/2 way to my favourite arc and will keep pushing to get to watch it!

Alrighty, I am here for the 1st checkpoint (1-30) of the Bleach group-watch for ABC... oh? I'm late? whoops, gotta catch up some more it seems, haha.. :sweat:

Anyways
Starting this off, I agreed to start this for a re-watch so I get a refresher for the new season coming out, and wow... my memory has been absent for a majority of this so far, I had started this off completely forgetting who Kon was... so I am off to a great start. Anywho, I always though the first intial Training arc, or the Agent of the Shingami arc was an interesting one, but enjoyed it mostly towards the end of it and near the start of the SS arc. This has been a fun watch to start, and having episode 30 end off with the rematch of Ichigo vs. Renji has been well anticipated for the last few episodes. With that, I will conclude this and continue my watching as I am behind and want to get on with this rematch fight.

Back