Golden Kamuy

I don't want it to end

248-253
It's hard to keep track who's working with whom. The only thing that's always certain is that Ogata works only with himself.
I wonder who's gonna stab Tsurumi in the back first. And if he'll be able to see it coming.
I would 100% mix the groups. I mean this is just asking for trouble, for one group to run away with the loot and never look back. Then again Asirpa can't be paired up with just anyone, and they're all backstabbing assholes, so it's hard.
I don't mind Asirpa's crush on Sugimoto, but it would be weird if they actually ended up together (after a suficient time-skip of course). I still say Sugimoto is going to die at the end.
The Kadokura and Usami interactions will never not be funny. :D
Ushiyama vs. Usami? The battle of the two scariest monsters in the whole manga? Way to alert literally everyone, you morons.
You know a chapter is good when it makes you go "oh shit" on every page. I love this arc. :D

254-256
And it always ends in a fire.
Ogata's plot armor is insane. Honestly.
Oh, God, not the semen detective. Not much Prince Charming himself can do there, dick sucking and all. Jfc.
I genuinely thought his eye regrew there for a second. I mean it's Ogata.
I'm gonna miss Usami. And it's a major loss for Tsurumi.

257-260
Well, that was quick.
I like the pirate. He's very similar to Ogata, isn't he? Except he's not a psychopath.
Is he seriously choking Koito with his hair? :DD I wouldn't mind if he killed him at this point.
Is this the showdown I've been waiting for? Tsurumi and Asirpa at last?
old-boomer.gif

Awwwwwww. Koito you done fucked up now. Tsukishima isn't stupid, and Tsurumi MOST CERTAINLY isn't stupid.

chapter 310
genuinely depressed about this development. I knew this character would die eventually but how it played out is really upsetting/ not satisfying to me

Chapters 1-20

I didn't expect this to be a cooking manga where they experience and appreciate cuisine variety, wherein every chapter it's a squirrel is skinned or a person is skinned. Truly peak the experience of cultural exchange.

Tsurumi is during his first encounter with Sugimoto treated him to dango, then stabbed his cheeks with the dango sticks. Truly best girl behavior right off the bat.

I absolutely loved this series! I loved the history aspect, the characters, the story, the art, and everything else about this! The blend of action, humor, and realism/exaggeration is fantastic. If anyone hasn't read it and/or is on the fence about this series, I give this series a 10 out of 10 (5 out of 5 stars)!

I love how I can take a half year break, and still remember exactly what happened and who each and every character is. Doesn't happen that often.
I'm still terrified of the end, so I guess I'm gonna cautiously baby step my way over.

261-264
Glorious hair used as a weapon and a beer bottle that looks like a giant dildo car chase. Lovely. Of course the bi pirate can't drive straight.
Once you start thinking about what Tsurumi would expect you to do, you've already lost. That said, I would also follow the carriage.
There goes another one of my favourite characters, goddammit.
Sugimoto and Kikuta probably know each other from the army, right?
O-ho. O-hoho. There she is. I was waiting for you.
Dat last panel. Oof.

265-268
Tsurumi on a throne, where he belongs.
So the dead family does come into play, after all, huh?
Tsurumi parading his new husband Tsukishima all over Japan and Russia. :D
So many parallels between Tsurumi and Wilk.

269-270
Bold of Tsurumi to go out in his white, official outfit. Way to get yourself shot.
I feel like Ariko kinda stepped in to fill in the hole Tanigaki left.
Jesus fucking christ Tsurumi.

How this can all wrap up in 40 chapters, I have no idea.

271-273
Usami is huuuuuuuge loss, and it's starting to show.
AAAAAAAAAH! He said it. He said it! "Hey, that's the name of the show." And this is where it ends, right? Everyone lives happily ever after?
Or not. Tsurumi, you're also implying that you and your harem are going to kill each other. It's still all building up to either Tsukishima or Koito killing you. But I hope I'm wrong.

274-278
That's one gorgeous train.
Is that a fucking Akira reference? :D
For a luck-bearer, Yuusaku sure has shit luck himself.
"Curly, unruly hair" HOOOOLYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! O_O So she lives, after all. Case closed.

279-281
Gut punch!
Now the real bloodbath's about to begin. Told you Tsurumi isn't stupid.
Wow, the fort is an actual, real life place. I had no idea something like that existed. That's awesome.

fort-goryokaku.jpg

I'm surprised Sugimoto and Hijikata aren't at each other's throats now that they know the location of the gold.

282-287
Maybe the real gold is the friends we made along the way.
Did they forget Hood Guy?
Oh, there he is.
Notice how the God character is right over Hijikata's heart.
I wonder if we'll see Tanigaki again. If there's some "where are they now" wrap up at the end, then surely, but I doubt he'll re-join the plot. It would be interesting, though.
The best case scenario. For Asirpa at the very least.
Tsurumi with his "surprise motherfucker!" arrivals will never not be amusing. It would make a good drinking game.
Boner. The biggest boner! The worst part is now that Tsurumi doesn't need Asirpa anymore, he can just burn everything to the ground without blinking an eyelid. Koito, if you fucking kill him, I swear to god. I hope Tsukishima will kill you first.
The cat!
I'm not ready for any of the characters to die. Let's just all make up and be friends, huh? Huh? No? No.
Tsurumi powering up on sweets. :D
Well, there it is. They found it. The end. What do you mean 27 more chapters?
b295213dbbaa11c3f04a8c1109a15dc078cebcd3.png

288-293
So that's Sofia's comrades wiped out, I assume?
Oooooooooooooh, smart. It seemed too easy.
Way to make yourself an easy target again, Tsurumi. Don't kill him. Don't. You. Fucking. Kill. Him. I will burn your house down, Noda.
Now would be a great time to use the destroyers again.
Wait, why am I rooting for the army? :D You didn't make me fall in love with Tsurumi for 290 chapters just for me to want him to lose.
How many horses have died in the manga already? How many of Tsurumi's horses specifically?
There you go. Poor Koito, but that was really funny. :D He's never been in a fight like this before, has he?
Sad mosu.

Okay, I have to read a little more, otherwise I won't be able to sleep tonight.

294-295
Not the nipple! How interesting would it be, if Nikaido was the one to actually kill Sugimoto.
Tsukishima's 24/7 "same shit every day" attitude. :D
Koito don't. I repeat. Don't.
You think I don't care about the side characters, but I do. Why must you hurt me this way. They're dropping like flies.
Is Ogata gonna pull a Wilk on Tsurumi?

296-300
Yes, yes, Tsurumi has to die. We all know that. We don't want it to happen, but it has to happen.
Oooooooooooohhhhhhhh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkk. I would probably shit my pants in fear if Tsurumi started running after me like that.

emotional-damage.gif

Ha! Tanigaki! There he is! I thought that was him when I saw the horse. :D Damn, I'm calling a lot of things, aren't I? Not sure that's a good thing. Now Ogata, where are you, you bitch?
Aww, the baby.
They all have such "nice" deaths. They all get what they need at the moment, and it's never dragged out or over too quickly either.
What are you morphing into, Tsurumi?
Yourself, Ogata. Shoot yourself.

Back