What made or ruined your day?

Congrats!
Thanks! I'm super excited
One of our elderly neighbors passed away a couple days ago. We weren't super close, but she was nice and came over sometimes. The neighborhood was in a state of shock, since it was so sudden, and she didn't mention to us having any issues other than her hips. (We eventually found out from another neighbor that she was going through chemo, but she did well for awhile.)
Anyway, she'll be missed...
Sorry to hear that. Losing a neighbor is hard especially the ones that leave a positive impact
WMMD: Got approved for a housing loan today, and the house I want to buy is still available and going to take a looksee at it tomorrow!
Congrats! Hope that you get the house you want

ruin, power outages! spring storms happen, but at least they do their best to get things back on as quickly as possible. I've told some in the past, if I was to go without something for a few days, please let it be the net over the power. it's no fun trying to find something to do when the sun sets.

w m m d:

had a phone interview today with another mechanic opportunity, and it went surprisingly well? They were very enthusiastic during the entire convo, and as a company, they said some really nice things that seem like a green light to me.

its always super flattering to be told point blank by a potential employer "we want to move forward with you" like omg???

anyway i have another interview next week!

the most surprising part is that this is for aviation. Im so down to be an aircraft mechanic.

w m m d:

had a phone interview today with another mechanic opportunity, and it went surprisingly well? They were very enthusiastic during the entire convo, and as a company, they said some really nice things that seem like a green light to me.

its always super flattering to be told point blank by a potential employer "we want to move forward with you" like omg???

anyway i have another interview next week!

the most surprising part is that this is for aviation. Im so down to be an aircraft mechanic.

PART TWO FFS. wrmd/wmmd????:

im sure theres some users on here who remember the frenzy a while back when i applied to t*sla. i got rejected, and i was really bitter about it for a long time after.

well.

I applied. again.

They replied. 29 hours later, to be exact, asking for dates when i can conduct an interview with them.

What the FUCK

I still feel bitter about them passing me up the first time, and I am so spiteful and willing to prove to them that rejecting me was a mistake.

I dont know if i should be happy about this? I feel redemption for them being so hasty to contact me, but also if i have to go through a rigorous interview process to prove myself to them again... i dont know.

but anyway if the employer i interviewed with last week also calls me, i will yell. what the hell is going on. Im going to poke my eyes out.

PART TWO FFS. wrmd/wmmd????:

im sure theres some users on here who remember the frenzy a while back when i applied to t*sla. i got rejected, and i was really bitter about it for a long time after.

well.

I applied. again.

They replied. 29 hours later, to be exact, asking for dates when i can conduct an interview with them.

What the FUCK

I still feel bitter about them passing me up the first time, and I am so spiteful and willing to prove to them that rejecting me was a mistake.

I dont know if i should be happy about this? I feel redemption for them being so hasty to contact me, but also if i have to go through a rigorous interview process to prove myself to them again... i dont know.

but anyway if the employer i interviewed with last week also calls me, i will yell. what the hell is going on. Im going to poke my eyes out.
You got this!!! :-)

My grandmother died. And, I gotta fly out to attend her funeral. Has me thinking a lot about my own mortality and stuff. So, ya know, bad day. Bad week. Bad month.

WRMD: I got part of my blood test results. Unfortunately, my brother and I started having kidney problems.
I'm not looking forward to the full blood test results. I been taking too many melatonin, and probiotics recently and other meds.

WRMD: All three of my closest friends have covid. They're all fully vaccinated and boostered but I'm really worried about them...
My grandmother died. And, I gotta fly out to attend her funeral. Has me thinking a lot about my own mortality and stuff. So, ya know, bad day. Bad week. Bad month.
I'm here for ya ;-;

WRMD: A shooting happened at a subway entrance I sometimes take when I go to get pierogies. Would have been down there an hour and a half after it but didn't go because I forgot my coupons. And the entrance is at the end of a dead end, with a tunnel to a walkway and stairs to the main street above but still. Walking the extra hundred meters for the more legit, non-sketchy, less convenient entrance.

WMMD: It's cold and rainy, and I get to stay inside all day doing noooooooooothiiiiiiiiiiiiing at aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall

3d21f9650c9231ef69562b62a3eb1a12.gif

w m m w:

opened up my etsy shop on sunday, and listed one of my completed custom hot wheels for sale. I have yet to do any social media marketing for my shop yet bc of course thats a lot of work, so I was getting very minimal traffic.... but i got my first sale about 3 hours ago!!!!! i really could have waited until tomorrow but i got so excited about it I jumped out of bed to package it up immediately. im?? im so excited

Made: Day off woot!

Ruin: Based on the traffic and crowds everyone else has today off, too. Womp womp. Errands will take longer than I hoped.

w m m d:

helped catch some stray kittens living at my job. coworkers are going to give them good homes. plus i got to hold tiny baby kitties and watch them fall asleep in my arms so today was great.

WMMD: I didn't want to say anything not to jinx it, but I had a date today with a girl I really like talking to online, and I was dreading it (and even considering not to go), because these things tend to go really badly (since people act very differently online than in real life), but it was actually super nice. Like super, super nice. She's really sweet, there was never a lull in our conversation, and she kept laughing at my stupid jokes, so hopefully there's something there. Fun day.

our-flag-means-death-stede-bonnet.gif

Last edited:
Back