Noblesse

Love the animation and the story. been reading the webtoon, don't like how they're cutting so much out but really love seeing how Rai can change something so serious or trouble learning the new technology. Favorite is when he turns away from Frankenstein like 'I didn't do it'

They did Noblesse so dirty. This could have been an amazing anime, but instead, they skipped a whole season of the webtoon and condensed it into a rushed 30-minute ova, and started at the second season instead. To make matters worse, they seem to be skipping a lot of stuff and twisting somethings, with bad animation and story-telling nonetheless. I was excited to see my favorite webtoon turn into an anime, but I guess I expected too much from something made from Crunchyroll. Not only that they changed the setting from Korea to Japan and completely forgot about Sui.

They did Noblesse so dirty. This could have been an amazing anime, but instead, they skipped a whole season of the webtoon and condensed it into a rushed 30-minute ova, and started at the second season instead. To make matters worse, they seem to be skipping a lot of stuff and twisting somethings, with bad animation and story-telling nonetheless. I was excited to see my favorite webtoon turn into an anime, but I guess I expected too much from something made from Crunchyroll. Not only that they changed the setting from Korea to Japan and completely forgot about Sui.
I never read the source but I feel the same way, Crunchyroll overhyped again I don’t even feel bothered to watch the 4th episode

This has been so badly butchered, it's almost like a series of seemingly random events put together in no particular order. If you came into this fresh it must be awful trying to give a fuck or anything that's happening.

no idea whats going on. it feels like there was supposed to be a prequel episode or something. Stopped reading ToG, and didn't start Noblesse or GoH when crunchyroll announced these, but this one seems really bad so far. No investment into the characters at all

So much for the Crunchyroll Webtoon hype train. Whats the point of commissioning the adaptation of three very famous webtoons if your are going to butcher them in production. I would have rather they took the budget for these three and spent in on one really well done adaptation with 24 episodes.

I never read the source but I feel the same way, Crunchyroll overhyped again I don’t even feel bothered to watch the 4th episode

To be fair, a lot of the webtoon adaptations weren't exactly the most "amazing" adaptations. Noblesse, like the ova adaptation before, basically did what it could to make the arcs digestible. Problem is you will always see cut out things as a result. There's a lot of story that just would take too long to tell.

I found this adaption show quite OK. Biggest "problem" for me was, that i found Raizels stoic-ness sometimes weird in the anime. Worked better in the Manhwa.
Also as a WebToon Reader some stuff is annoying:
  • Why was the setting moved to Japan ? The original plays in Korea and i think japanese audience would be fine with a show NOT playing in japan.
  • Same way with character names: Red hair boy name is Shinwoo and computer boy is called Ikhan. No need to japanify their names.
  • Why where the girls cut out of the school kids group ?
  • The ending of the fight with DA-5 was largely altered, cutting out some characters which would appear a lot in the Webtoon.
All in all this season was way better than the OVA, therefore still 6 / 10.

Heard about this soon after watching Eden of the East. Took quite a while to start. Any good? Well :

Episode 1:Watched English Dubbed
hello bloddyvill, slice up everyone and start each ep with new victims.

Or go to highschool.

I prefer option 1.

Episode 2: Watched English Dubbed

guy gets angry at guy cause girl says a red head flirted with her. Yeah no clichéd time filler there.

Episode 3: Watched English Subbed
more transfers to shake up a class that really only cares about two backrow students.
Hastily find they are more than one persons target.

Ooh how the fingertips tingle.

Episode 4:Watched English Dubbed
he spots them after school but doesn't meet up with them until dusk?
Who edited that time jump?
He agrees to meet up with someone who hacked into police security.
He gushes at a guy who brings work baggage to their first in-person meeting.​

He despises people who have given up on their humanity yet refuses to be clear about his feelings.

Where is the logic?

Episode 5: Watched English Subbed
the rest was left upto Regis yet a lot went on while he decided to dain the audience with his standing figure.

Episode 6: Watched English Dubbed
well when your house has numerous bedrooms people will be lining up to take your quiet time.

Episode 7: Watched English Subbed
I do not own one shojo manga.

Being talked about is not my definition of peaceful.

Replayable ep.

Episode 8: Watched English Dubbed
well that transitioned into a lengthy flashback that could have been covered by a montage.

Episode 9: Watched English Subbed
Continuing backstory trails on and I am not a fan.
Really feel this was excessive: showing the audience these characters have a past relationship. Easily done with a montage.​

Episode 10: Watched English Dubbed
One-sided attraction downgrades story.
She could have easily prevented the fight.​

Episode 11: Watched English Subbed
A bandana around the mouth prevents those you've known all your existence from identifying you?

*severe eye twitch*

Episode 12: Watched English Dubbed
So if Regis gets lost M24/NK4 will wander around looking for a castle in the dark? . . Yeah sound plan.

Taunting a noble about his age.
I have issues with the result.​

Episode 13: Watched English Subbed
Daughter's emotional breakdown
Trusted instructors omission
Suspected traitor's taunt
Subordinates solidarity
Victims judgement.

Packed this one with what seems like a lot but not much held my interest.

Overall Thoughts
music I enjoyed ♥

Story bleehh.
So for 850 years no one was able to locate Frankenstein cause the only ones who knew of his existence were killed or withheld their knowledge.

RAIZEL entered eternal sleep.
outside interference caused him to awaken.
The current Lord does not view his coffin at the bottom of the ocean for centuries as fitting punishment/judgment for his supposed tyranny?
She has had centuries as Lord to learn an iota of the leadership responsibilities and something has stuck or she'd have an heir.​

Why did Regis and Seira pose as students at that high-school while looking for the traitor?
That building was the closest one they could find to the coffin's last reported location?

8 hours of staring at the backs of human heads, being told information that does not aid their search, being objects of hormonal infatuation, etc.
The planner needs to find another task.​

Seira called for Regis when she could have handled the fight if
couldn't.
What's their telepathy if not a soul weapon?​

First 7eps focused on two characters who disappeared after their second memory wipe. ?
What was the point of having them be sidelined for the Nobles?
I would have liked more school, videogame and dining scenes between the characters.​

A school hires three security guards who patrol as a trio.
Was there an increase in parental concern?​

"talk down" lines were irritating.
They set up a conflict like purple long hairs sister being held by the Organization/Union and 24yearoldHacker asks twice if he should look for her. Once was enough.

199 year old Noble lets a clan leader tell him time is running out while saying he is in a hurry.

Clan leaders leap to fight RAIZEL so their precious Lord wont have to waste her time. After 3 give their full effort she decides to state what she knew from the beginning and say only she can face this traitor cause even their combined powers are insufficient.
If you believe that. why stand there and watch them take a beating? Who seriously supports a leader who does nothing to protect those who would give their lives? MORONIC!!!​

Previous Lord clearly tells everyone in earshot what he did and the Clan Leaders repeat, question and ask for clarification when none is needed.​

Last edited:
Here for the EDS groupwatch. I liked this anime a lot. The story was interesting, and it had a nice ratio of light-hearted stuff and more intense stuff. Also, the guys were hot. Most of the comedy was very funny, though I did not like the joke where that one dude thought his friend was gay when he wasn't. At least they didn't do much with that joke.

Last edited:
I'm here for the Group Watch Session for my Anime Bingo Challenge

Episode 2 of Noblesse Reaction: Their high school cafeteria had a full course meal with curry rice, and ramen as menu items.
It's so much better than my high school which only offered pizza.

The character designs are really smooth, and pretty. But I find the story a bit slow paced and dull.

Back