Daily Anime Thoughts

I like assassins in general, but anime tends to disappoint me time and time again with them.
Can't really relate, except for that one by redo of healer guy I was tricked into watching. I'll never forgive deceptively catchy OP's for that one.

DAT

CR awards are bullshit again this year, in other news dogs bark, when it's dark out it's hard to see, and it IS still illegal to kill a man.
I blame you for making me look Rascal

I could go without knowing Ousama Ranking wasn't nommed for Best Animation

that said, it and Odd Taxi both were nommed in a surprising amount of categories. I just voted for those two and ignored the rest (except, I will admit, my weakness of voting for Shigaraki for best villain who I actually do love)

that said, number of titles they don't really pay attention to or give notice to as usual. so it goes

Did you look at the r/anime/ awards nominations?

Their eligibility rules are different though, so no Ousama Ranking this year.

I heard that CR's eligibility rules meant that things like Ousama Ranking are only judged by CR jurors on like 6 eps before they have to vote.

Still, yeah, there's some pretty harsh snubs from those noms.

Just confused why are they pushing soooo hard for jjk? It was on every single category with "cour 2"......Wasn't it the damn anime of the year for 2020 already? bro.
No tyvm.

Which reminds me bnha isnt nominated at all except for best antagonist which is hilarious.

Oh wait Dr. stone s2 aired last year... shit felt like it aired a decade ago

Edit: omg gabi VA for best VA performance? I AM DYING *votes jigen*

Edit 2: ok this award is a mistake again. I am still concerned why Vanitas and Mushoku there on best fantasy

Last edited:
Just confused why are they pushing soooo hard for jjk? It was on every single category with "cour 2"......Wasn't it the damn anime of the year for 2021 already? bro.
No tyvm.

Which reminds me bnha isnt nominated at all except for best antagonist which is hilarious.

Edit 2: ok this award is a mistake again. I am still concerned why Vanitas and Mushoku there on best fantasy
I just went on there to vote for Ranking of Kings in every category it’s in lol

I'm honestly kind of shocked to see Sonny Boy as a nominee for AOTY. I liked it, but it's so weird and out there, just completely not for the average anime watcher at all that I'm pleasantly surprised to see it.

Jolyne from Stone Ocean is EASILY VA performance of the year for me. Fairouz Ai is a fairly new VA too and she blew it out of the fucking ball park with those Oras. I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS AS A JOJO FAN!

Last edited:
Just confused why are they pushing soooo hard for jjk? It was on every single category with "cour 2"......Wasn't it the damn anime of the year for 2021 already? bro.
No tyvm.

IKR, I can't pick which one. (evil smile)

Anime fans: "CR awards are worthless."
Also Anime fans: "UWOOOHHHHHH WHY ISN'T THE ANIME I LIKED NOMINATED/WHY IS THE ANIME I HATE NOMINATED?"
spoken like someone who got exactly the noms they wanted and is now being condescending toward people that are complaining about these busted ass awards.

Inb4: "no I didn't/i dont care about cr awards"
Yeah no. Nobody you're mocking believes you.

At any rate, if the same season of a show can win AOTY two years in a row like JJK got nommed for then the whole thing is bullshit and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Anime fans: "CR awards are worthless."
Also Anime fans: "UWOOOHHHHHH WHY ISN'T THE ANIME I LIKED NOMINATED/WHY IS THE ANIME I HATE NOMINATED?"
I think it’s worthless because of the very reason you just pointed out, the nomination pool is too small and it’s only really based on popularity and not the qualities of each show actually compared with each other. So they are ultimately worthless. It doesn’t make anyone wanna watch anything new and only highlights the most popular shows instead of the actual standouts. Now I’m sure some popular shows CAN indeed be stand outs, but that’s not always the case and is sad for shows that do deserve a real spot here.

even though it is worthless though in the grand scheme, I still voted in it because I wanted to do my favorite show of the year proud. They are really only worthless in an actual comparing anime sense, because the voting will only be comparing a few shows that the Crunchyroll jurors thought were neat lol

it’s about as useless as the movie award shit out there but it hurts to see people not consider a show you thought deserved a spot on there just because it wasn’t as popular. Even if it’s worthless it still hurts a bit I’m sure in other’s shoes

basically: the voting pool is too small to even matter, they should be letting us vote for a lot more shows in every category

(And this is coming from someone who’s favorite show for that year DID get in the awards, but remembered some shows I believe should’ve had just as fair a shot that never got one.)

Last edited:
I'm honestly kind of shocked to see Sonny Boy as a nominee for AOTY. I liked it, but it's so weird and out there, just completely not for the average anime watcher at all that I'm pleasantly surprised to see it.

Jolyne from Stone Ocean is EASILY VA performance of the year for me. Fairouz Ai is a fairly new VA too and she blew it out of the fucking ball park with those Oras. I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS AS A JOJO FAN!
Istg thanks to this award I forgot the first jojo batch aired last year....
And not a single jojo entry....
Not even the slap opening......
Anime fandom is a mistake.

Edit: that I think about it, maybe crunchy are still salty Netflix got jojo part 6.

Back