Daily Anime Thoughts

All this talk about what's hot this season... Meanwhile, there's me who only decided to watch all the sports anime like

4cqzz8.png

5. Tribe Nine - The definition of just all style alone, I think it delivers on being as stupid and extreme as possible for me. I mean, c'mon man, a corporate exec using a fucking mecha suit to pitch a baseball while people are using light saber baseball bats? It's not going to be for everyone, but I have to genuinely respect how it goes all in on it's dumb insane concept without a hint of restraint. It remains to be seen whether it can sustain it's momentum.

Ah, Tribe Nine. Like Hypnosis Mic if it were slightly more unhinged. I haven't got much faith they'll ramp it up in the next episodes, but I'd love to see more gags about the quadruplets they just shoved in there to fill up the baseball team quota.

q.jpg

All this talk about what's hot this season... Meanwhile, there's me who only decided to watch all the sports anime like

I don't think I'm going to bother with Futsal Boys at all, but I do find it amusing how many exclamation marks it has in it's title. Almost reeks of desperation to me lol...........

Also the salary man badminton anime better be good, or I'm going to rage so unbelievably hard.

---------
DAT:

It's pretty jarring when you're looking at a key visual and you're like, well these character designs look mostly grounded...........and then there's that one character design that is so wildly out of place it sticks out like a sore thumb looking like it belongs in another anime.

I am just going to assume that the storyteller guy from Yami Shibai taking his mask off and walking off stage in the ED means this is going to be the last season. It's time for this show and I to break up anyway. The show is like a bad relationship I stay in because I've been doing it for so long. In some ways the show has grown on me a bit, but not enough to keep going. I've been watching this crap since before I was married. That's right my relationship with Yami Shibai is older than my relationship with Tents.

DAT:

This season's really completely lacking much in the way of standout OPs/EDs I like that much. That said, I got the Sasaki to Miyano ED theme stuck in my head right now:

Just so good man in how infectiously upbeat it is. Easily my favourite anime theme I've listened to so far this season.

Someone pointed out a while back that bl themes are usually super catchy, and man, they're not wrong. I like both of Tricornered Window's themes last season (I liked the ed so much that I bought a first press of the single) and Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi's first ed still wanders into my head periodically out of freaking nowhere.

DAT:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...-manga-gets-tv-anime-live-action-film/.181421

FUCKING NICE, I love this manga dearly and always thought it was a sweet little underrated cult gem. Perfect for me really, who also has a terribly difficult time getting sleep at night.

(Funny coincidence when we were talking about sleep in another thread lol)

Ooh, I like the visual. Art reminds of that Pale Cocoon ova or something. Also, stargazing is awesome, so points there too.

Speaking of catchy anime songs...

DAT: I've been listening to my anime music playlist this evening, and am currently lamenting the fact that there's more good music than I can ever afford to buy. There's so many ops and eds that I want to get the singles for, it's kind of depressing, not to mention osts.

Further anime music thoughts-

@Rascal posted about Aimer a while back, and I still think that the Terror in Resonance ed is one of the most spectacular things- both aurally and visually. Show was a bit disappointing (though enjoyable), but the music is superb.

Also, Now and Then, Here and There's op is oddly upbeat in contrast to the tone of the show... I actually didn't particularly care for the show itself- a bit too depressing, but I have to agree with the commenter who said that they sure don't make isekai like this anymore (but they should).

And mustn't forget the epicness that is the Dallos op. It's the sort of song that makes me nostalgic for a time I never experienced.

Last edited:
And mustn't forget the epicness that is the Dallos op. It's the sort of song that makes me nostalgic for a time I never experienced.

Pretty sure most 80s and 90s OVAs took most of their animation budget for their soundtacks and openings. There are a ton of forgotten OVAs out there that have rad soundtracks.

Bubble Gum Crisis is mostly nonsense, but hell if I care when Konya Wa Hurricane starts playing.

No one is ever going to talk about The Humanoid, but goddamn is the soundtrack fire.

California Gun Salvo sounds like a title I just made up, but if this funky shit don't make you want to shake your ass a little then you're probably dead inside.

---------
DAT:

It's pretty jarring when you're looking at a key visual and you're like, well these character designs look mostly grounded...........and then there's that one character design that is so wildly out of place it sticks out like a sore thumb looking like it belongs in another anime.
Like how Doctor Stone female and male characters have completely different art style fundamentals?

DAT:
Nagatoro-San English dub voice cast announced.
All the pissbabies are in an uproar because... Nagatoro's VA is a black lady.
See, black people can't so that. Only white people can voice asian characters.
"Voice actors should be chosen based on talent, not on skin color" they cry without a fucking hint of irony. Oh, did the dubbers say she was picked for her skin color, though? Nope. I have to say I'm noticing a pattern on how the "talent not race" quote gets used, and sooomehow non-white actors are never by default treated as, you know, talented enough.

On the bright side, this makes it extremely easy to know who you should block on Twitter =P

DAT:
Nagatoro-San English dub voice cast announced.
All the pissbabies are in an uproar because... Nagatoro's VA is a black lady.
See, black people can't so that. Only white people can voice asian characters.
"Voice actors should be chosen based on talent, not on skin color" they cry without a fucking hint of irony. Oh, did the dubbers say she was picked for her skin color, though? Nope. I have to say I'm noticing a pattern on how the "talent not race" quote gets used, and sooomehow non-white actors are never by default treated as, you know, talented enough.
People are weird. I never really cared what the voice actors and actresses looked like in dubs, I probably never even look so far as to know what they look like lol as long as they do a good job at the character who cares? It’s one thing to be saying that an actress or actor doesn’t fit the role, and it’s another when you assume the said actor/actress will be bad based on just skin color. Black people can do a range of voices just like white people can obviously. People just kinda dumb, I swear people still think that all black people sound the same when they don’t.

DAT:

For example, this set of characters from the same show
11498-911444543.png
11498-1294811264.png
hhJ4AwK.png
Yyyyup, nothing weird about this.

Like how Doctor Stone female and male characters have completely different art style fundamentals?
Do they? I think they just have bigger eyes

DAT: I'm once again feeling like I should be a little more of an active presence in these forums. I've been a member of this community for more than two years now, but I've kind of kept to myself? Most of the time, anyway. Been posting messages here and there, but I don't think I've left much of an impressive on people. So I'm going to try to make an effort to, you know, get a little more involved with the community. Y'all seem like interesting people!

Is it just me or is RE Zero Season 2 Part 2 a tad weaker than the others?
Yeah, there isn't much going on in those episodes except for... garfield, and tea parties with witches. I miss the days when we were killing giant evil flying whales and running from a funny psychopathic cultist with elfen lied powers.

Pretty sure most 80s and 90s OVAs took most of their animation budget for their soundtacks and openings. There are a ton of forgotten OVAs out there that have rad soundtracks.

Bubble Gum Crisis is mostly nonsense, but hell if I care when Konya Wa Hurricane starts playing.

No one is ever going to talk about The Humanoid, but goddamn is the soundtrack fire.

California Gun Salvo sounds like a title I just made up, but if this funky shit don't make you want to shake your ass a little then you're probably dead inside.

Always remember, naked 80s dance parties are the best dance parties:

'In an interview in 2018 you said that your parents didn't know you were a manga artist. Now that your story is being adapted into an anime, I was curious if your parents now know about your new career?

Sōsuke Tōka: My parents don't know anything about it. They still think I am working as a salaryman. They are old-fashioned and conservative types who have no understanding of manga as a career. I am afraid that they will worry about me if they find out that I make a living by drawing manga, so I keep it secret from them.'

(Ousama Ranking mangaka)

It's so amazing for me to think about someone whose story is adapted into a highly successful anime and their parents don't even know.

Last edited:
Back