Post badge ideas here!

Discussion in 'Badge Discussion' started by sothis, Oct 27, 2010.

1. TsundereNoises

TsundereNoises New Member

I noticed several badges for long-running series, why not also have them for Lupin III and Precure?

OkamiHime95 likes this.
  2. KaiGil

KaiGil New Member

What about a badge for One Piece? Something like "King of pirates" for watching or reading most of related works about OP.

OkamiHime95 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Sherlock

Sherlock New Member

you should make badges for completing challenges like for the yearly and seasonal anime's watched challenges

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Feb 7, 2019
    Crazy Little Thing Called Love
    Watch X# of Yandere-related animé (Future Diary is a req.)

untitled
    Mark all characters in a show/movie/ova's characters as Loved or Hate
    (possibly split between Bronze: rate all minor characters, Silver: all secondary & minor, Gold: all main/second/minor?)

Ace Valkyrie Pilot
    Watch X# of Macross and Robotech shows/movies/etc.

Minimum Effort
    Watch X# of series either under 12 episodes and/or under 19 minutes per episode.

untitled (multi-tier?)
    Complete all recommendations of *insert title* feature list(s). Various lists? Possibly rotate or some by a certain date?

Need For Speed

Watch the Sonic CD opening music video (NA: Sonic Boom, JP/EUR: You Can Do Anything), Sonic The Hedgehog: The Movie, and Sonic X

Henshin!
    Watch all of Haiyore! Nyaruko-san and Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W.

Schadenfreude
    Watch X# of 1 star (2 star or under?) animé.
    *As ratings can fluctuate perhaps whatever the rating is when it starts and/or a +.4 margine at the time it's finished.

???

Maybe one that has to do with wanting to live in a videogame world. Watch so many of those "transported to the game world" type series (.hack//, Sword Art Online, How Not to Summon a Demon Lord, etc.)

Would also like Challenge-based badges please.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2019
  5. Shidira

Shidira Well-Known Member

I just realized I hit my 10 year mark this January, but there's no badge for 9 and 10 year marks. It'd be neat to see more added, plus a whole variety of new ones for different milestones or niche watches. For example, a food one based on the Shokugeki no Souma series for watching all the series or such.

Noitra and ACrankyOldMan like this.
  6. Noitra

Noitra Well-Known Member

1. Marked characters hated: 100, 200, 500, 1000
    2. Marked characters loved: 100, 200, 500, 1000
    3. Rate 750 Anime
    4. Rate 600 Manga
    5. Create 5 Anime list
    6. Life on Manga:
    1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 2 months......., 1 year, 2 years.....
    7. Complete all Bleach titles
    8. Complete 25 Manga from Weekly Shounen Sunday
    9. Complete 25 Manga from Hana to Yume
    10. Complete 100 OVA title
    11. Watched anime movies: 10, 50, 100, 200
    12. Read 100 one-shot manga
    13. Watched Anime from each genre, based on Manga: 50, 100, 200, 500
    14. Watched 100/150 shoujo Anime
    15. Watched 100/150 Slice of life anime
    16. Complete the Big 3 (One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach)

Please consider these. I would be really grateful. Arigato

OkamiHime95 and worknboy like this.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

GunDamned Legend: you've watched "a/b/c" different Gundam series.

Maybe a fluid badge, where, the top tag in your cumulative "liked" character list can give you a matching name. "Glasses Fan" or "Yandere lover," etc. If you grow out of a favorite character "type" you can always change it (but can only hold one of the tag badges at a time. Can't have the Tsundere and Bookworm badge, for example.)

If there isn't already, a badge for linking your account with a discord account, to promote its use?

A Supreme AP Lurker badge, where you get one if you complete a long list of things in a 24 hour period: Write a review, comment on a review, rate a series, like a character"etc. Like a buffet of all the different badges already existing, you throw me together for a busy AP day.

Challenge specific badges, if they don't already exist. Finished "a/b/c" series during then Summer 2019 AP challenge.

Are there donation badges? I know things get weird whenever money is mentioned, but getting a badge for donating to the site seems sweet :3

Program a tiny Easter egg (you know? Programming? That super easy thing I know so much about?) to randomly appear throughout the website, and if you click it, it thanks you for finding it, before wandering off to get lost again. One of the new AP logos, or even the old angel mascot whose name I don't recall. Just a pointless little mini game, but maybe would either inspire people to surf the content a bit more, or be rewarded for already surfing a lot.

New school VS old school badges. If you watch "a/b/c" series in a single season, you get some "Hero From the New School" badge. Same with old school, if you watch some amount of anime that is older than some arbitrary number (15?) you get an "Guardian of the Old School" badge.

That's all I got for now.

Nicknames likes this.
  8. worknboy

worknboy Well-Known Member

We need badges for 1000, 1500, and 2000 anime rated. And that can go for manga, also.

Noitra likes this.
  9. OkamiHime95

OkamiHime95 Well-Known Member

Sorry if these have already been mentioned before, but I have a few ideas that I think would be interesting:
    A vampire badge would be cool. Like, watch a certain amount of stuff with the vampires tag, or watch certain anime with the vampires tag like Hellsing, Vampire Knight, Vampire Hunter D, Castlevania, etc. (Could also work with manga as well.)
    A similar badge but involving dragons or werewolves would be neat as well.

A 7 deadly sins badge where you need to watch anime's with certain tags involving mature themes. (Similar to the rules for the EDS challenge.) Could work with manga too.

A Mythology badge where you need to at least watch 1 anime from each of the Mythology tags. (Japanese, Chinese, Egyptian, Norse, etc.) Could also work for manga.

A badge for watching the very first anime, AKA Katsudou Shashin. https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/katsudou-shashin

I do have some more ideas, but for now I thought of those for future reference. :3

CodexScript and Noitra like this.
  10. 0jamaRainbow

0jamaRainbow Well-Known Member

is there a chance for an alphabet badge? like user has watched an anime/read a manga that starts with each letter of the alphabet including the misc character beginning series like .hack//Roots | Anime-Planet and numbers like 11eyes | Anime-Planet . would that even be possible? if its not them i'm sorry for suggesting something out of the realm of possibility

OkamiHime95 likes this.
    Last edited: May 26, 2022
  11. CodexScript

CodexScript Well-Known Member

There're a total of 50 shows, movies, ovas, specials, and the pilot for Lupin The Third. What about a "World's Greatest Thief" badge for watching at least 40-50?

OkamiHime95 likes this.
  12. CodexScript

CodexScript Well-Known Member

Noticed there are 41ish entries currently for CLAMP anime so what about watching 25-35 and get the "Putting The CLAMP Down"/"CLAMP Down on Anime" badge?

13. ActualLee

ActualLee Active Member

Reviewed 10 mangas/animes
    Rated 10 mangas/animes 10/10
    Rated 10 mangas/animes less than 5/10
    Read a manga with over 10 volumes
    Read a one-shot
    Read a light novel
    Dropped 10 mangas/animes
    Commented on 10 user's pages/author pages/charecter pages

14. ActualLee

ActualLee Active Member

Badges for completing the reading/watching challenges at teir 3

15. worknboy

worknboy Well-Known Member

We need a badge of some type for the various clubs. Like for long-time members of the lottery game, DTBA, and so on. I could be "You've been a member of this for x yrs. so you get a kewpie badge." Something like that.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Jun 7, 2023
    Finish both a mange and it's corresponding anise

Complete fairy tail

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Jun 7, 2023
    Manga , anime
    Endless battle with an autocorrect that doesn't know two of the most typed words I use...