Taisho Otome Fairy Tale

Episode 9:
I was half-expecting and kinda worried the issue between Hakaru and Kotori was something tragic and messed-up but it was a lot more wholesome and sweeter than I expected.

It's also nice to see Tamahiko actually making progress with his classmates in school. Nothing like good 'ol smut bringing everyone together.

Also, Yuzu's floofy twin-tails is too adorable.

Last edited:
Best episode of the season so far.

It was great to see Yuzu finally go out on her own and get to have some real, positive closure saying goodbye to her lost childhood. I adored her friend and the fact that she was going to try to smuggle Yuzu away with her if she found Yuzu wasn't being treated well. I hope they are friends for life, even if they mainly correspond through mail given the distance/time period. Later, the disaster also shows us Tamahiko's character development that has been building up over the series. He's found the courage to face the world on his own in spite of his disability. We see him backslide briefly due to his fear and his natural pessimism, but once he got that out of his system and decided to buck up and go look for his (future) wife I was elated to see how far he's come. Can't wait for next week.

I'm going to be sad when the season ends. I'm not ready to say goodbye to this precious couple.

Episode 10:
the disaster also shows us Tamahiko's character development that has been building up over the series. He's found the courage to face the world on his own in spite of his disability. We see him backslide briefly due to his fear and his natural pessimism, but once he got that out of his system and decided to buck up and go look for his (future) wife I was elated to see how far he's come.
THIS!!!
I was so happy seeing this, sure he fell back for a few seconds as shock set in that the worst could of befallen Yuzu but he quickly picked himself up, and not just got on his feet but even set out to find Yuzu, A task a bit above and beyond his (or many others) capacity. I was smiling ear to ear when it ended as he set off on foot for her. But yeah the sign of all his small developments, all coming into this moment, this moment he puts everything and there and gives it his all and honestly, I was damn happy to see it.

I enjoyed seeing Yuzu go to see her friend, i was initially expecting them both to go but seeing her go alone was interesting. Can't say i feel much for Midori herself, she is nothing but a fleeting face for us, not to mean it in a harsh way beyond it's hard to be invested in a one-off face. I'm curious though if she will be okay, it certainly would sadden Yuzu to see her die, especially how she was so happy for not just seeing her friend again but for her future family-to-be.

Oh, and despite my lack of support for the decision to let Ryo cook whilst Yuzu was gone, i was credit the show for not repeating the boring mistress crap outside a crummy joke which happened prior to this actual scene.
In all, a great episode.

I'm going to be sad when the season ends. I'm not ready to say goodbye to this precious couple.
I second this one, I really enjoying watching these two and as a extensive point, the show as a whole.

Episode 10:
Wow. That escalated quickly. Started out pretty wholesome and sweet then boom. Earthquake. And it's not just any earthquake. It's the Great Kanto Earthquake - one of the worst recorded disasters in the history of Japan.

So he's just gonna walk all the way to Tokyo while the whole country is reeling from one of the worst earthquakes ever recorded? I'm not sure about the distance between Chiba and Tokyo, but it's gonna be chaos all around. Judging from the previews, things are looking a bit grim.

I only now noticed just how goddam tiny she is. Them making babies must look awkward a/f to a casual observer. I'm sure there are doujins delving into this paramount subject matter further.

23.png
24.png

Last edited:
Episode 11
Loved it! Seeing him run around the city yet for a large part he kept faith that Yuzu was fine, there was moments but he didn't give up and that is commendable. My favourite part was seeing his growth though, remember the start, that shut-away who wanted to die? Here he is running around town, giving help to them who he can and even with Midori, he was pleasant and happy to leave her in the hands of his sister, he could of been on his way but nope, true growth.

Honestly though i just loved this one, seeing Tamahiko realising how much Yuzu means to him and in turn working so hard to find her, true feels man. loved every second!

Episode 11:
Damn. As expected, this was pretty grim but it still tugged my heartstrings anyway and made me teary-eyed. It's not just Tamahiko who has shown any major growth here, most of the characters that appeared in the series have made some kind of progress in some way or another like how Tamako is now more honest and empathic and like how Kotori and her brother are much closer now and are using music to help others during a time of crisis. Good stuff.

Also, I was hoping some kind of interaction between Tamako and Ryou but given the situation, I guess there's no time for such frivolities.

Just caught up
I wasn't expecting to tear up in a a show that's been just a relaxing wholesome cute iyashikei. Dang. If Yuzu doesn't make it I'll never forgive this show.

Really great final episode here, I enjoyed the flashback montages of both prior to the series with Yuzu and her current life, they really helped build up that great story told here. I honestly couldn't fault anything here either, we got some honest feelings from everyone all around and heck, we finally got more of a apology from Ryo, nothing special but the fact she brought this up was enough to make it feel legit, it's fair to say it was probably on her mind.
Seeing Yuzu so happy again was brilliant, and don't worry, that vulgar hand-holding will be kept secret, the village will never know of your dirty desire to interlock hands with someone else.

I love Tamahiko even stood to his father, played the bigger man and told him he is glad he is fine, his father might be trash but it doesn't change we as kids still love our parents (mostly) and he was the bigger of the two men for being able to look beyond what's happened and see the bigger picture.

MVP goes to Tamahiko's uncle though, dudes just a top guy, helps Tamako learn medicine, helps Tamahiko enter school and then uses his time to help them in need and tells his brother where to shove his arrogant request, top stuff. I hope Tamahiko's brother (the injured one) becomes like Tamahiko, not in a spiteful way but just to remove another asset from his father (something he clearly sees his kid as).
Anyway, all in all, i loved ever minute of this show, Yuzu x Tamahiko was such a enjoyable couple to watch and i honestly couldn't of asked for a better ending. Props to them going to their special secret spot for the final scene.
Bonus points for that ending song, not only was is a nice song, it was, lyrically speaking, very fitting for the show and really matched the montage of the two throughout the series, a small detail i think it was crediting.

4/5 - loved it!

Overall, this was a pretty solid pure romance anime. It can get a little saccharine-y for my taste but I do enjoy the feel-good and warm moments. It seems there's more to adapt so yeah I'm down for a second season. I might as well check the manga now.

3.5 out of 5.

sweet stuff, every once in a while buddy is animated using that right arm.........>_> nothing special but I will miss in cheesy sweetness 3/5

Back