Anime-Planet Secret Santa 2021

So as promised i will now share my picks from my santa. I was very surprised to see what I got and i really felt like my whole profile was stalked but that's fine I guess :sweat:

I got:
- Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It
- Full Metal Panic
- Princess Nine

And three movies

- The wind rises
- The boy and the beast
- The dog of flanders

Even though I asked for 12 episodes max i feel like it's fine. I got something I've never even heard of and full metal panic which I've been wanting to watch for a long time. Tonight i will begin watching Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It. Hopefully I can watch that and all the movies, maybe i will get hooked on one of the others and finish that one time who knows.

Thank you santa for taking your time to find these shows for me, I'm very grateful you took the time to consider what I would actually want.

So I started Immortal Undertaker, and I was thinking I was about 20 chapters in, and I didn't know if I'd be able to finish it in one shot because it's a lot heavier plot-wise (specifically twisted politics), but then I go check the chapter count and I'm just short of 50, so... Guess I got hooked. I do really like this one and I don't have any specific complaints right after reading it, but I will say it's certainly intense in terms of emotional investment (I hate the antagonist and just want to pop his head off like cork). I really appreciate when authors put that amount of detail into the plot, but slower, no-immediate-solution plots tire me out quicker, so they're certainly not a mindless read, which is much of what I do. It's not the darkest, but reading stories that wind me up when I'm already stressed from life or school is difficult, so I have to be in a pretty good place to enjoy them. Even on break from school and I'm still gonna have to wind down from that. Anyway, I loved the art and the moral ambiguity on a number of characters and how the characters seemed to be learning and growing as they went along (character development ftw).

SO, Santa, final review. I loved all the stories you sent me, and, after reading them all, you managed to get a wide variety of genres while still getting them all within my wheelhouse (or perhaps my wheelhouse is just too large). I would probably say Neon Revenge was my least favorite of the three (not saying much), but I'm not sure which is my favorite. I might argue that Immortal Undertaker is more well crafted (probably have to read them both again to know), but Kill the Villainess was easier to read as it very similar to stories I'm familiar with (compared to dark fantasy which I enjoy but don't always have the mental energy for) but still had some unique twists which made me happy to see them considered. Overall, I loved my gifts and I'm a bit sad that I've got no more. (No clue who you are).

I'd suggest starting with Wolf Children, then Mushishi, and save Made in Abyss for the grand finale.

That makes Made in Abyss the most recommended show now doesn't it?
Yes, Made in Abyss is now the only 4x recommended anime. The list is up to date. 178 unique anime recommendations.

So as promised i will now share my picks from my santa. I was very surprised to see what I got and i really felt like my whole profile was stalked but that's fine I guess :sweat:

I got:
- Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It
- Full Metal Panic
- Princess Nine

And three movies

- The wind rises
- The boy and the beast
- The dog of flanders

Even though I asked for 12 episodes max i feel like it's fine. I got something I've never even heard of and full metal panic which I've been wanting to watch for a long time. Tonight i will begin watching Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It. Hopefully I can watch that and all the movies, maybe i will get hooked on one of the others and finish that one time who knows.

Thank you santa for taking your time to find these shows for me, I'm very grateful you took the time to consider what I would actually want.

I liked Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It. It was a silly rom com at times but I liked the college setting which made the characters (generally) a bit more mature. Plus having a STEM background myself I just like nerding out over the things the characters talk about in the show.

Dear Santa, I'm enjoying From the New World. I'll try my best to finish it before Christmas (I'm generally pretty slow at binging anime which is why I tend to follow seasonals week to week instead). I'll probably have to put most of my seasonals on pause until I finish this show, because it's worth it.

I liked Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It. It was a silly rom com at times but I liked the college setting which made the characters (generally) a bit more mature. Plus having a STEM background myself I just like nerding out over the things the characters talk about in the show.

I accidentally watched half of the show without even noticing. It's very fun and easy to watch if you have nothing else to do. Definitely enjoying this pick alot.

Dear Santa,

Thanks for the anime for Christmas. I'm not sure what to start with. Any suggestions?

Made in Abyss
Wolf Children
Mushishi

Hopefully you enjoy these, which are some of my personal favorites
I loved Wolf Children, so that would be my recommendation.
As for Made in Abyss, there is an anime and 3 movies. The first 2 movies generally cover what the anime does and the 3rd movie goes further into the story. So as long as you have time on your hands for a movie I would suggest watching the 3 movies instead of the anime, but if you prefer bite sized watches the anime is still good.

I just finished Barakamon and it was just so sweet and wholesome. Well.. exactly what I needed, dear Santa, tbh. <3 Good choice. I scored it 4/5, cause it didn't really make me feel any strong emotions. I didn't cry, nor did I laugh out loud. It was just very nice and pleasant to watch. The art was amazing, I loved the music and all the characters. And also it was really easy for me to sympathize with Tsun-baka Handa, as he's almost the same age as me and already burnt out (: Haha.

Last edited:
Omg! I love Koikimo. :love: It's kinda my guilty pleasure. The animation isn't the best, but overall it's slightly underrated imo. I hope you'll enjoy it!
Yes, the animation is what bugging me the most actually. It's a little bit too messy. And I didn't find the FL up to my liking either. She is too kind. But I am only in the first episode. Maybe my mind will change after a few more episodes.

I just finished Barakamon and it was just so sweet and wholesome. Well.. exactly what I needed, dear Santa, tbh. <3 Good choice. I scored it 4/5, cause it didn't really make me feel any strong emotions. I didn't cry, nor did I laugh out loud. It was just very nice and pleasant to watch. The art was amazing, I loved the music and all the characters. And also it was really easy for me to sympathize with Tsun-baka Handa, as he's almost the same age as me and already burnt out (: Haha.
I reccommend the manga, the anime adapted around 1/3 of the manga and the story gets better.

Dear Santa,

I just finished watching Classmates. It was exactly what I needed, a wholesome love story of a couple. Thank you.
I don't mind yaoi but at the same time I don't tolerate most of it(plot and/or character wise) either... I liked this one mostly because they were a couple when they started exploring other ways of affection unlike other BL's I've read/watched. I really appreciated that
I also reaaaaallly liked the characters and how straightforward they were about their thoughts and feelings, especially the blonde MC. He felt so refreshing.

I have exams this week so I am not sure if I'll be able to finish the others any time soon but, I'll take it slowly.

My dearest Santa,

The fireplace is lit and the soft crackling of embers resonate this room. They seem to sing in harmony with the carols that play on in the background. Candles are adorn and lit as well, giving off a romantic hue. I sit here, cozy, penning another letter to you with quill and ink. I have immersed myself in content of the seven wonderful selections you have given me.

As I draw this mug of hot chocolate to my very lips, I truly know now what I want to grace myself with. Though, they all sound ravishing. It took time to decipher what genre I wanted to pursue in and I contemplated on it for days. But I must go with the one that first truly tugs my hearts strings. The one that burns into my bosom's core. The one I have been admiring for such a long time.

This may not come as a surprise to some, but I have chosen Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. Though, I did hear a faint whisper in my ear that sounded like Lady @AnnaSartin but do not be concerned. I have not chosen it because of her compelling outcry, such passion she possesses of it. No, it is merely because I do love myself a fine romance, ooh and a historical one for that matter. The art-style looks breathless and and the story-line sounds flawless. I am now eager to test these waters and to dive in deep in submergence.

I thank thee again for such polished features. Those that I may not be able to view shall go on my want to watch list.

I truly hope your holiday season is still bright and merry with always that touch of romanticism. I shall quill you in the coming weeks in regards to this feature and all that it holds dear.

Until then, my dearest Santa...
Karin-signature.jpg

Back