Latest Thought 2: 2 Thought 2 Furious

What is the best pizza topping?

• Total voters
Happy to send you all the positive thoughts. Sorry it can't be more. And I know @OkamiHime95 was saying that to tell someone with anxiety (or possibly in your case also depression?) not to feel that way is like telling a blind person to just see. I guess I wish there was more education when I was younger about how to help people with these kinds of issues, because I do want to put you at ease (and Okami and anyone else struggling) but I don't know the right way to go about it.

Actually, if the two of you don't mind either telling me here or in a PM the best way I can support you here (ex: whether you're interested in my uneducated thoughts on what to do to fix it, or just a supportive ear to listen with no fixing input from me) I'll do my best! Especially right now if I really am going to be stuck in the hospital for 5 weeks.
Well, in my case, I'm always happy to at least have some kind of support, and lately it's helped to just vent stuff out, without worrying about being judged for it & stuff like that. (Which has happened to me before in the past, so sometimes I'm leery to vent, and just keep it bottled up, but I find that bottling it up only makes things worse for me, so there's that...) In fact, venting has been actually helping with my social/conversational skills, which might not be a big win for most, but as someone on the Autism spectrum & with social anxiety, it's taken me a lot to get to this point. Heck, even 2 years ago when I first joined A-P, I never imagined that I'd progress this much conversational-wise. Personally, I still think I need work on it, but that's another story.

I don't have many friends that talk to me on a regular basis or even semi-regular basis, especially irl, so I'm always stoked to make friends and have some good conversation. Word of warning though, once I get on a certain topic (like anime or video games for example), I tend to go ON & ON, especially the more I'm comfortable with someone, so be prepared! XD I may or may not need to be told to shut up haha. XD

Not really. I think she might've played some Pong, but that was it lol.

I don't play video games with my dad anymore, because with the ones that he actually likes (which is VERY few), he always wins. Otherwise, in his own wording, "This is DUMB!" (He hates modern controls with a passion, and NEVER reads the instructions, which bugs me & my mom, so he calls video games "dumb" or "stupid" because the majority are too difficult for him, especially if they're over the SNES era.) I do have fond memories of playing Lego Indiana Jones in Co-op with him as a kid, and Wii Sports. He'll watch me play games sometimes. My mom thinks modern controls are too complicated as well, but she actually loves playing with her Nintendo Switch. (Well, when it's a game with easy to figure out instructions, like Harvest Moon lol. Sometimes I still have to remind her which button does what, but that's ok. :) )

True, or you could be like how my maternal grandma (who was actually the person that got me into gaming, since she worked at a video game rental place when I was little) was, and be like, "Hey, this is called the PS1! Want to see?" and show'm Youtube videos of it for example, or videos of whatever consoles you enjoy. (Didn't have Youtube back then of course, but without going on a tangent, if it weren't for my grandma, I wouldn't have the passion & love that I have for video games.) But yeah, that's great. :) I get motion sickness easily too, so I'd never be able to do VR either lol. At least not for extended periods of time. I'm still stuck in the 90's - early 2000's when it comes to gaming, but I do love my Switch.

My mom actually loves Disney, but lately she's more into reality shows, or like I mentioned before, stuff that's similar to Downton Abby. My grandma saw some scenes of Pokemon before, and I think maybe a scene of Naruto or Yugioh, but other than that she didn't watch anime. I'm sure if she were still alive, I might've gotten her to actually watch it with me & my mom.

My mom loves Skyrim, but since it's too much for her to play it herself, she loves watching me play it when I do play it. She likes watching me play video games in general, and I find most of her commentary about them funny and wholesome. XD I'll sometimes watch the shows that she likes with her, but I'm not very big on reality tv, except for a few shows.
How does your dad do with modern games? Games these days are always in your face with tutorials and I'd be surprised if he doesn't read even those! xD

How does your dad do with modern games? Games these days are always in your face with tutorials and I'd be surprised if he doesn't read even those! xD
Well like I told SodaFox, he thinks they're dumb, because he despises modern controls, and doesn't read instructions or look up gameplay videos. Ironically, he does not read tutorials either lmao. xD -_- He even thinks doing tutorials are too hard. (Go figure... *Shrugs*)

My mom keeps trying to get him to like gaming more, but I keep telling her what's the point if he even thinks tutorials are stupid and hard?

My face was literally like these, the whole time he attempted Snake Eater years ago, and he kept bitching about everything and skipping cutscenes lol. --> :pokerface::cereal::seriously::yunoguy:
Him: "Who the h*ll is that?!"
Me: "DUDE! He was in the cutscene you skipped! D:< "
Him: "...Oh... :pokerface: Well why do I have to do THIS then?! :yunoguy:"
Me: "He told you why in the cutscene!"
Him: "Well they take too d*mn long! :flip:"

So yeah, he basically is like a bratty kid when it comes to gaming... *Eye roll* Otherwise he's fine. :P

Well like I told SodaFox, he thinks they're dumb, because he despises modern controls, and doesn't read instructions or look up gameplay videos. Ironically, he does not read tutorials either lmao. xD -_- He even thinks doing tutorials are too hard. (Go figure... *Shrugs*)

My mom keeps trying to get him to like gaming more, but I keep telling her what's the point if he even thinks tutorials are stupid and hard?

My face was literally like these, the whole time he attempted Snake Eater years ago, and he kept bitching about everything and skipping cutscenes lol. --> :pokerface::cereal::seriously::yunoguy:
Him: "Who the h*ll is that?!"
Me: "DUDE! He was in the cutscene you skipped! D:< "
Him: "...Oh... :pokerface: Well why do I have to do THIS then?! :yunoguy:"
Me: "He told you why in the cutscene!"
Him: "Well they take too d*mn long! :flip:"

So yeah, he basically is like a bratty kid when it comes to gaming... *Eye roll* Otherwise he's fine. :P
Oh wow... he complains about long cutscenes in Metal Gear??? A franchise known for long cutscenes? xD

That's so weird... but at least he's fine otherwise! :-)

Oh wow... he complains about long cutscenes in Metal Gear??? A franchise known for long cutscenes? xD

That's so weird... but at least he's fine otherwise! :-)
He had no prior knowledge of the franchise, and since he doesn't seek out information for games at all, I don't fault him for being overwhelmed by it. And iirc, it was my mom that actually made me have him play it. I thought he'd think the cutscenes were cool, so I didn't say anything to him about the length.

On the plus side, he will fix my consoles for me if they need fixing, so I'll take that as a win. xD

Part of me is inclined to believe that he doesn't think video games themselves are stupid, but he just doesn't understand why you can't just go from point A to point B, without a lot of hub-bub. But that's another story.

LT: I got called a lesbophobe on Tumblr. Me. The person whose post you're reading right now. Safe to say I think I won the internet.

LT: I got called a lesbophobe on Tumblr. Me. The person whose post you're reading right now. Safe to say I think I won the internet.
I was accused of harassing a large twitch streamer because I said "maybe it's bad he's sending his fans to make fun of a person who just attempted suicide" on twitter.

The internet is pretty much a failed project, we should abandon it.

Whenever I say something against an idiot (mainly on YouTube, I don’t use Twitter thank goodness) they just use my anime profile pic on YouTube (it’s FLCL) so they can call me a sad highschool boy with no friends. (Because female anime fans just can’t exist I guess amirite)

you know it’s a lost cause when they resort to insulting a profile picture. :laugh:

Whenever I say something against an idiot (mainly on YouTube, I don’t use Twitter thank goodness) they just use my anime profile pic on YouTube (it’s FLCL) so they can call me a sad highschool boy with no friends. (Because female anime fans just can’t exist I guess amirite)

you know it’s a lost cause when they resort to insulting a profile picture. :laugh:

I don't really understand why people use their real pictures on stuff like YouTube and Twitter anyway but I'm not really into social media outside of forums like this. I dunno, if I'm talking to people I don't already know then I don't really want them knowing what I look like. It's not like I think I'm ugly it's just a privacy thing I guess.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here but it's pretty annoying when people dump on those who use anime or cartoon avatars. Like, no, we're not angry kids, maybe we just like our privacy but still want to express ourselves.

Wow... xD

not too surprising though, seeing as how Japanese people keep getting told on the net by people with poor Japanese language skills that their Japanese language skills are poor.

LT: how and why the heck is there such great crossover b/w the Hololive and Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 fandoms..? it doesn't make sense!

i consume Red Alert 2-related content on YouTube and YouTube recommended a Hololive clip to me out of nowhere, so it's safe to assume the same happened to others..? so YouTube thinks there's a connection..? but why..? and it's actually a self-fulfilling prophecy, the connection is being forged and growing stronger as YouTube recommends Hololive content to RA2 fans and we keep consuming it. however, we are consuming it so YouTube is actually right. there is some underlying thing that draws RA2 fans to Hololive content. so what is it? and how does YouTube know.?! O.o

I don't really understand why people use their real pictures on stuff like YouTube and Twitter anyway but I'm not really into social media outside of forums like this. I dunno, if I'm talking to people I don't already know then I don't really want them knowing what I look like. It's not like I think I'm ugly it's just a privacy thing I guess.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here but it's pretty annoying when people dump on those who use anime or cartoon avatars. Like, no, we're not angry kids, maybe we just like our privacy but still want to express ourselves.
I just use an anime profile picture because I think it looks neat. Also pretty sure a lot more people like anime these days then they did a few years ago so I don’t know what that guy’s problem was. His username was Random Redditor (and he claimed he wasn’t actually a Redditor but I KNOW THE TRUTH!) if that helps clear up anything haha

we just like our privacy but still want to express ourselves

WeLL yoU sHouLD eXprESs yOurSElf WiTH a NON-ChiLDisH iNTeReST, as i (having watched 2 random episodes of Naruto and one of DBZ, if that, and thereby being an absolute expert on anime) kNoW aNiME's jUsT fOR KiDS, aNd EdGY OnEs aT tHaT!

I lost faith in the Internet when an user bashed kids for being unable to get help for their mental illnesses and for faking it for attention when they did try to get help. The Internet is certainly an interesting thing

I still can remember when a couple of people made fun of me for having a fantasy owl profile picture. (I've always loved owls, especially since they remind me of my maternal grandmother, who collected almost anything to do with owls.)

A couple for having a Gex the Gecko profile picture. (Gex the Gecko is a video game character that I have fond memories of as a child.)

And I had someone call one of my dragon profile pictures an "UgLy ChIcKeN!" (Like owls were for my grandmother, dragons are to me.)

So ever since then, I no longer ask what people think of my pfp's. But yeah, I don't see anything wrong with people using anime or cartoon avatars. Heck, even ones related to books, video games or whatever is fine with me.

WeLL yoU sHouLD eXprESs yOurSElf WiTH a NON-ChiLDisH iNTeReST, as i (having watched 2 random episodes of Naruto and one of DBZ, if that, and thereby being an absolute expert on anime) kNoW aNiME's jUsT fOR KiDS, aNd EdGY OnEs aT tHaT!

Yeah I don't know who decided that adults can only be interested in sports
I still can remember when a couple of people made fun of me for having a fantasy owl profile picture. (I've always loved owls, especially since they remind me of my maternal grandmother, who collected almost anything to do with owls.)

A couple for having a Gex the Gecko profile picture. (Gex the Gecko is a video game character that I have fond memories of as a child.)

And I had someone call one of my dragon profile pictures an "UgLy ChIcKeN!" (Like owls were for my grandmother, dragons are to me.)

So ever since then, I no longer ask what people think of my pfp's. But yeah, I don't see anything wrong with people using anime or cartoon avatars. Heck, even ones related to books, video games or whatever is fine with me.
Exactly. Someone's profile picture is part of their online identity. Some might use what they think will be popular but I think people should just use what they like and others not knock them for it. I think we've done a lot as a society to stop knocking on people for their appearance IRL (or at least I'm seeing more awareness of it) but still a long way to go online.

God I love pizza
tumblr_p43usuoX5w1vx71ngo1_500.gifv

Reading up through the comments of today makes you wonder how much good there could be if people wouldn't waste so much time insulting others online.
As for profile pics, if this wasn't animeplanet i'd be using gigachad. Or Ricardo. Can never go wrong with either of those two :baka:

Reading up through the comments of today makes you wonder how much good there could be if people wouldn't waste so much time insulting others online.
As for profile pics, if this wasn't animeplanet i'd be using gigachad. Or Ricardo. Can never go wrong with either of those two :baka:
Duly noted

Back