Daily Anime Thoughts

DAT: So I guess I won't be able to hold out until Dragon Maid S2 has finished airing but I'll at least re-watch the first season before diving into that and letting 1-2 more episodes pile up. Just can't wait to see KyoAni's comeback.

New Gintama movie was pretty fire too and even though it didn't hold any real surprises
regarding character deaths which were set up during the last season anyway
I still got pretty emotional about it all. The final bit
being a return of Ginpachi-sensei had me rolling on the floor with their namedrop of Sekiro and not even Utsuro/Shoyo being safe from being parodied
*sigh* Guess now I'll have to start over again.
I just did a long binge rewatching of Gintama with a friend [Last Sept to May/June?] and I still can't believe it actually ended. Like ended, ended.
Gintama Next Generation when? Even though I do understand it ended on a perfect note and shouldn't have a continuation.

I just did a long binge rewatching of Gintama with a friend [Last Sept to May/June?] and I still can't believe it actually ended. Like ended, ended.
Gintama Next Generation when? Even though I do understand it ended on a perfect note and shouldn't have a continuation.

Maybe a one-off special parodying the nostalgia cash grabs like Boruto but I feel they already did that with Be Forever Yorozuya and the timeskips.

Gen Z has got to be one of the worst things that ever happened to anime. The anime we get nowadays is no longer one of a kind and the anime industry does not really want happy customers. Nobody is that happy about these cookie-cutter anime they are milking daily.
There's more shows coming out now more than before. Sure there's more bad ones in any given season, but unless all you do is watch isekai light novel adaptations that often fill out the same mad libs sheet, you're bound to find a fair amount of unique works that stand on their own just fine like Sonny Boy or Odd Taxi. Don't just throw your hands up and say "it's all crap now". Let yourself be entertained.

Lu5PFVm.jpg

Last edited:
Still kind of impressive that Brains Base made something worth watching. They haven't managed that in years.
I have no clue how that happened either, but the glorious music and animation are definitely worthy of the story. They really pulled out all the stops, and all the delays were worth it.

Here's betting they hand off future seasons to other studios though. There's definitely enough manga content after the first season will finish, for another two cour season.

DAT:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...-cast-staff-early-summer-2022-opening/.175573

Taiyo Matsumoto’s character designs are just godly to me. Really looking forward to seeing this film.
Holy shit, if I read that correctly, that's Avu-chan from QUEEN BEE in the lead role, also seems to be the one singing in the trailer. That's the (individual) who sang the Dororo remake OP. My favorite anime OP of all time. MF can hit the NOTES.

Well that just made me even more excited for this, besides the fact it's Yuasa.

Speaking of modern anime, I do kind of wish the industry would give us something with the cracked out energy of Redline or Dead Leaves. Even Trigger going full bore doesn't quite manage to match that manic energy where anything can happen just because.

I think Hells Angels also deserves a shout out for being quite an underrated piece of whack ass animation from the mid-2000s to me:

1883121084a2667b268527040a7deeaa78c9e748.gifv

Running to school with bread in my mouth LIKE A BOSS!

Back