Anime Clichés You Hate!

1. when guy accidentally falling on girl.. it is not funny.

2. when amateur fighter MC suddenly turn pro.. just seems like bullshit plot convenience and is most of the times not satisfying to watch.

I was reading Hunter's Guild: Red Hood and realized this: I'm not the biggest fan of when a series makes up some mass-producable convenient material, typically a type of steel or similar, and then frame it as if it's totally naturally on the periodic table. Giving a sciency explanation sometimes just drags down the suspension of disbelief, especially in fantasy.

Although despite reminding me of this, Red Hood actually dodged it, as its own special metal is heavily implied to "just" be Tungsten. You get away with it this time...

I don't really care for the women comparing their bust size locker room talk. This is like thinking of course men compare their dicks regurarly at urinals right?
*Adds self-insert depraved lesbian character to grope the other girls because that somehow makes molestation okay and sexy*
I mean, we see gay dude characters grabbing others' junk and asses in public all the time, right?

*Adds self-insert depraved lesbian character to grope the other girls because that somehow makes molestation okay and sexy*
I mean, we see gay dude characters grabbing others' junk and asses in public all the time, right?
163639187_1f5f9a.jpg

I hate it when characters say their plans out loud when they don't have to, I'm fine with internal monologues, rethinking the plan, telling other people on your side who don't know the plan the plan, etc. but why tf are you talking about your entire plan in front of the people you're fighting?

I hate it when characters say their plans out loud when they don't have to, I'm fine with internal monologues, rethinking the plan, telling other people on your side who don't know the plan the plan, etc. but why tf are you talking about your entire plan in front of the people you're fighting?
I still remember the last arc of Bleach when this one dude proudly explains his hearing-based power that is totally gonna beat the baddie.
And then, in this setting where people regularly lose entire chunks of their bodies like it is a mere inconvenience, it was a big surprise when the baddie then just proceeded to pop his own eardrums and beat his ass.
I'm convinced that the arc unintentionally had the effect of making more new series address power explanations in new ways.

Hero: *does a thing*
Onlookers: *mentions the current status quo and how no one in history has ever yada yada ect ect*

People just don't react realistically in anime a lot of the time. The first reaction of people watching someone do something amazing isn't usually to cite history in real life. If they really wanted to set up some kind of status quo and then break it that would be one thing. But to mention there were specific preconceived expectations in the first place after they've already been subverted just disrupts the flow of otherwise good scenes.

IDK if this is technically a cliché, but what I get annoyed with the overused harem and fanservice intrusion- including the obvious various cliché types of girls, that serve as a predictable choices for the self insert for the viewer. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't in so many anime, so to be almost inescapable. I don't know how often I thought a premise interesting, and that it could really have been a great plot, but soon too much time was used on all the fanservice and harem stuff at the cost plot development. It isn't like I don't think there shouldn't be animes that do the harem and fanservice thing, there obvious is a lot of people who really enjoy that. I just wish they didn't do it with everything. And didn't think it had to be in everything just to attract viewers.
Especially when it comes to isekai, which has over time become one huge cliché in itself. It didn't have to be, it could be more than OP self insert- in a pseudo-Medieval setting, gets the opposite gender harem, if done with just a little imagination.

I keep seeing it happening, so I'm ready to call it a cliché. And that is the wasting of cool bug people designs. So I'm A Spider, Dungeon Of The Black Company, Moonlit Fantasy, etc. They introduce these cool bugs/bug people, and then for some reason just turn them into regular looking humans. Like why bother? What looks cooler? Sentai Ant Queen that we got at first...
iwBxEUr.jpg

Or what she turned into later...
0bf984d509f5e139108abe0847d27761ada557d9.png
Like damn.

I keep seeing it happening, so I'm ready to call it a cliché. And that is the wasting of cool bug people designs. So I'm A Spider, Dungeon Of The Black Company, Moonlit Fantasy, etc. They introduce these cool bugs/bug people, and then for some reason just turn them into regular looking humans. Like why bother? What looks cooler? Sentai Ant Queen that we got at first...
iwBxEUr.jpg

Or what she turned into later...
0bf984d509f5e139108abe0847d27761ada557d9.png
Like damn.
That's extra sad since Monmusu called it out years ago directly in its narrative.
Rachnera is best girl, and even the fanbase agreed in the official popularity poll.
f76d91e4e0695accd4633262751ca51b81284a0b.gifv

I keep seeing it happening, so I'm ready to call it a cliché. And that is the wasting of cool bug people designs.
Or cool designs in general, not even just bugs. I like slime isekai but the main complaint I have about it is that when the monster characters become stronger they start looking more and more like normal ass humans instead of monsters. I just hate that cliche as well.

I'm not sure if this counts as a cliche, but I don't like when anime has an OP or ED that is a mish mash of Japanese and English lyrics. It is usually easy to tell when someone is trying to sing outside of their native language and it generally sounds awkward.

overpowered main characters.
im not saying main characters cant be strong, but there is a difference from overpowered to strong. many times with overpowered main characters it feels rather hollow how they save the day.
we dont know why they are overpowered or how they got there. it is not entertaining to watch.

Every time they show a female otaku it has to be a creepy fujoshi, there are girls out there who like anime but are not a fujoshis. Yes we exist!

And some of us are fujoshis without being creepy. Just sayin'. Same with the "creepy male otaku" stereotype you see in anime. Sometimes anime seems to go out of its way to insult both its male and female audience. Which is weird considering they want our money.
:hamster:

And some of us are fujoshis without being creepy. Just sayin'. Same with the "creepy male otaku" stereotype you see in anime. Sometimes anime seems to go out of its way to insult both its male and female audience. Which is weird considering they want our money.
I'm curious if they do that so people can say "at least I'm not that bad".

I really dislike when the villain severely underestimates the protagonist for no reason, especially if the villain is shown or described as "intelligent and calculating".

How can you be a fujoshi and not be creepy when you drool over all sorts of fucked up relationships and then use LGBT as an excuse to defend it if anyone even dares to call it problematic.

How can you be a fujoshi and not be creepy when you drool over all sorts of fucked up relationships and then use LGBT as an excuse to defend it if anyone even dares to call it problematic.

Because fujoshi just means that you're a fan of m/m relationships in fiction? Being interested in fucked-up relationships is not actually a requirement, plenty of people only go for the cute soft handholding.

I'm really sorry that the girl who sits behind you in 3rd period thinks Killing Stalking is a sexy romance and wants to share bad fanfic with you, because that's the only reason I can think of that you've decided to create a strawman to attack every time someone says the word "fujoshi", but she's not representative of everyone.

Back