Improved character and staff pages: birthdays, eye color, and more!

Hearing this from someone named Bloodlord! I wouldn't expect that :-)
I.... have no riposte. You have me dumbfounded. Well done sir well done.
giphy.gif

It's like the equivalent of "What's your sign?" in Japan. We have created stereotypical personality "types" based on the months we were born in many countries (for example, Gemini are smart, passionate, good communicators, etc.).
For Japan, they say personality can be tied to your blood type (for example B-types are passionate, but selfish).

Its just one of those fun personality things. They use it a lot over there.
This is really cool info that I didn't know about Japanese culture, thank you for sharing it. :D

Now all we need is for the names of opening and ending themes to be added onto the anime pages
That would be cool. Alotta work though I imagine. ^^

Perhaps all blood types are equally under his rule? :P
Perhaps... ;)
vlcsnap-2021-03-10-04h38m00s915.png

Today we launched new information on character and staff pages.

Staff pages

• Birthdate
  • Date of death (if applicable)
  • Birthplace
  • Blood type

9vhDF0K.png

lXqgFS7.png

Character pages

• Birthdate
  • Eye color
  • Blood type

1FyAJaZ.png

4NU0uEj.png

You can filter for this information on the character browse and people browse pages, though birth/death dates are currently not filterable because we're looking into creating a more comprehensive search page for those.

Our database moderators have started filling in this information for the past few months, and continue to add more each day. You can suggest changes in the people submissions forum or the character submissions forum.

Thanks, as always, for your support of Anime-Planet
Great!

It's really an amazing update. Some ideas could be adding zodiac signs as tags or its own separate section. Maybe height as well. Just some ideas. :3

This is great! And now I feel stupid for not knowing that the voice actor for my anime crush also played Finnian... Shoto just sounds so different...

Cool. I'd love to find out if any anime chars I know of are born on June 24th! Fun new additions! Though I don't get the need for blood type info, its still interesting nonetheless lol.
:duck:
Others have already answered this question, but I'll also chip in what I know from living in Japan and being married to a Japanese woman: blood types are extremely important in Japan because they are thought to be a way to easily categorize a person's personality. It's so important in Japanese culture that there are many who choose to not date someone simply because that person has a blood type that's "incompatible" with their own.

Some older Japanese people will go even beyond that and not allow their children or grandchildren to marry someone whom they see as "unsuitable for the family" simply because of their blood type. It's rather silly, in my opinion, but this method of determining compatibility is engrained in the Japanese culture to the point that they even include that information in the profiles of fictional characters. xD

Others have already answered this question, but I'll also chip in what I know from living in Japan and being married to a Japanese woman: blood types are extremely important in Japan because they are thought to be a way to easily categorize a person's personality. It's so important in Japanese culture that there are many who choose to not date someone simply because that person has a blood type that's "incompatible" with their own.

Some older Japanese people will go even beyond that and not allow their children or grandchildren to marry someone whom they see as "unsuitable for the family" simply because of their blood type. It's rather silly, in my opinion, but this method of determining compatibility is engrained in the Japanese culture to the point that they even include that information in the profiles of fictional characters. xD
Thanks for the extra info!
That is quite interesting that they take it that seriously huh...

I think I’m in the correct, I’m not sure though,
So I heard that the series “50 Tea Recipes from the Duchess” has ended
And it says on the site that it’s still ongoing with 128+

I use crunchyroll but this is amazing and how do you search anime/manga?!
There should be a search box in the top right corner (desktop view) with a drop-down menu that says anime/manga/characters/people/users, or a magnifying glass icon that you can click to bring up that search box and drop-down menu on the top left corner (mobile view).

Back