Horimiya

Tbh, after catching up I can see what people say regarding Hori being kind of possessive. Yeah, she kinda is. I'm glad she stands up for Miyamura, and that's sweet, but mannn.... I still do think that kind of possessiveness isn't 'unusual' in teen relationships (since teen relationships are a MESS) but it's not great.

Lot of weird kind of homophobic jokes here and there. I know people like when characters acknowledge being gay exist, but it's pretty much always under the context of 'your friendship might be a bit too close' or worrying about characters being gay which is weird. Heck, friendships should be close. 'If you fall for someone else it has to be a girl'. It turns it into this really prominent gag which I'm kinda like, huh about

Also "I don't think there's a person in the world you can't be friends with" is such an incredibly naive statement Miyamura. Tbh, I do like the idea that ANYONE can change... I think that's an ideal to strive for. But changing itself shouldn't be reliant on anyone else, so the concept any two people can be friends is... Well. 'any two people in the world can become friends' is setting yourself up for mistreatment. Obviously that's not true. Because you cannot change people into treating you well. I think it's not a bad thing when a protag can befriend people, change so many people's minds... Just hearing it as an open declaration is like.... hm.

Episode 11.
What, I'm supposed to feel sorry for his sister because she's dumb? Not feeling it.

Why wouldn't you feel sorry for someone who works hard but still can't get to where they want and then gets mocked by someone about it? I think it's natural to feel sorry for someone who does what they can to achieve their goals but doesn't reach them.

I don't think you necessarily have to feel anything for the particular character, but as a concept it makes sense to be sympathetic

Why wouldn't you feel sorry for someone who works hard but still can't get to where they want and then gets mocked by someone about it? I think it's natural to feel sorry for someone who does what they can to achieve their goals but doesn't reach them.

I don't think you necessarily have to feel anything for the particular character, but as a concept it makes sense to be sympathetic
Oh, please. If she was really working hard, her grades would be better. This whole sob story sounds like an excuse to me.

@randomredneck
I mean, hard work doesn't always equal results. There are plenty of people for whom schoolwork doesn't come naturally or who have to work extra hard. I mean this is also true in real life... plenty of people face academic challenges.

Bizarre to claim this about a character is lying when that's just... demonstratably the plot. It's not even very outlandish

@randomredneck
I mean, hard work doesn't always equal results. There are plenty of people for whom schoolwork doesn't come naturally or who have to work extra hard. I mean this is also true in real life... plenty of people face academic challenges.

Bizarre to claim this about a character is lying when that's just... demonstratably the plot. It's not even very outlandish
Oh, give me a break. Schoolwork is just memorizing stuff. If this kid is too simple to master that basic function, then no wonder her teacher laughed at her.

@randomredneck
And plenty of people aren't successful at schoolwork because it's not in their area of expertise... Like, really 'teachers should laugh at kids who struggle in school'? Like this isn't some fantasy issue, plenty of people are awful at schoolwork because it's just not something they're good at. There's entire systems built upon the fact tons of people just do not excel in school for multiple reasons. Maybe it is BECAUSE it's memorization. For a lot of people, committing facts they don't use a lot to long term memory is hard.

She's 'ambiguously bad' at schooling. Heck, she could even have memory issues. We don't know why. But tons of people struggle with schoolwork.

Have you never known someone who worked really hard at school but made the bare minimum grades? I've known plenty of people who have. A certain amount of schoolwork is hard work, but a certain amount is always going to be a natural ability to excel in schoolwork. For some people that comes easy, but for some people that is a continuous stressful challenge.

I wanted to know more about Shuu Iura because I always thought he was cute, positive, energetic and cute (yeah, once again). Thank you episode 11 for putting him more in the spotlight ^^
Yeah, I really like him too. I can see why people don't like the focusing on side characters, but I kind of enjoy it

Episode 12 was definitely one of the best of this season in my opinion!
Full of funny and cute moments!
This romance anime is one of the best out there for sure *.*!!!
1f1b82ccaae5e24b678b8618acddae89266a5201.gifv

Episode 12.
Uh...who was that little girl at the Christmas party? The little redhead.
0f776f40e708e9d111887c820f1cfad2faf99c36.png
I do not recall seeing her before, and they just kind of acted like she's always been there.

Anyway, it's the typical graduation fear. Frankly, I never got why people make such a big deal over it.
Also, maybe it's just cause I'm a cynical old man, but I don't see these two lasting past high school. The whole high school sweetheart thing isn't a thing anymore.

After juggling half of the episodes dubbed and then watching all the way up to 12 subbed:
I felt a bit apprehensive on whether to get into the anime, and quite honestly I feel unhappy. It feels like the author is just jumping around with the characters rather than giving their own story arc. I'd much prefer that, and yet there are a fair share of characters that just don't stick with me. Of course its easy to remember Miyamura and Hori, since they're the main characters.

And even then I feel like I'm not getting enough with them.
I loved seeing Hori kicking ass with those punks in episode 9. I wouldn't mind seeing her showing more of her rebellious personality, cause I like seeing delinquent girls in anime. Heck, I think this song does a pretty good job embodying what her character feels like.
I know there are people who love this anime, and I'm not trying to ruin the experience for them. Its just that the story has been slow and probably not really that memorable for me.

Episode 12.
Uh...who was that little girl at the Christmas party? The little redhead.
0f776f40e708e9d111887c820f1cfad2faf99c36.png
I do not recall seeing her before, and they just kind of acted like she's always been there.

Anyway, it's the typical graduation fear. Frankly, I never got why people make such a big deal over it.
Also, maybe it's just cause I'm a cynical old man, but I don't see these two lasting past high school. The whole high school sweetheart thing isn't a thing anymore.

around the beginning, the little brother said that he invited a friend for Christmas. the red haired girl is said friend. - also I'm not sure if anybody replied before or if I'm replying properly. this is my first time replying to a comment (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`) please forgive any mistakes♡

Episode 13 and final thoughts:
And that pretty much wraps up the graduation scene. There's a reverse lap-pillow scene between Miyamura and Hori. And then we see Hori beat her father into next week over how he was acting over Miyamura. But I suppose the big scene would be Miyamura saying good-bye to his old self. And I appreciate the idea itself, but it just comes off feeling like its just scratching the surface. Feels like a less extreme version of Dead and Gone.
And I know people love this anime and say that its wholesome. But just because something is wholesome does not mean that its enjoyable. At least that's my take on the series. 2/5.

Back