Horimiya

also when did green haired guy come in did i miss something
did i completely blind spot him or???

I love all of the characters in this show. Hori discovering her kink was hilarious and the scene with them in the classroom getting walked in on by the underclassman was amazing as well.

I also really liked that they are including the interactions with the other characters. +1 casual confessions lol

Hot take incoming: this is the part of the series where I lose interest.

At this point Hori and Miyamura are together and there doesn't feel like much more they can progress to in their relationship unless they inject some kind of forced drama. As much as i enjoy the side character interactions, their scenes don't quite have the same appeal/impact as the Hori and Miyamura scenes.

Since there is nothing to progress to, the series feels like its just kind of wandering aimlessly. It still gives some great wholesome moments and more time with these great characters, but for me, that's not really enough to hold my interest. I'm definitely finishing it, but i probably am not going to be anticipating the episodes each week like i have been.

ppl praised the show for it's quickness with the relationship status, but this is why romance typically drag their feet. The main draw is often the unofficial relationship. After that many shows find it hard to create something else interesting to keep viewers around. A tactic used when the couple becomes an official couple early is creating a level of awkwardness and uncertainty in the relationship. None of that exists here considering they already banged.

Episode 8.
Hori got a little freak in her. You gotta love it. You also gotta love ridiculously good looking Mr. Magoo just inadvertently crushing Toru's self-esteem with his very presence. Funny stuff.

what... the
qx39hk0.png

ddgzM3Y.png
what the fuck is wrong with her

my god i hate her so much
What? Nothing wrong with that. Everyone has that one weird thing that turns their key, and that appears to be hers.

I really enjoyed the parts with Miyamura trying to come to terms with Hori's kink, i always get a laugh out of that. probably the most wholesome exploration of a fetish you'll ever see lmao. We also got some pretty good emotional beats in the second half of the episode, even if its from a character that is completely forgettable

However this episode really just solidifies that I'm having the same issues here in the anime that I did with the manga. After Hori and Miyamura get together, the series just loses its direction and all of the emotional and story weight is gone. Everything just feels like its stagnating.

Don't get me wrong i still enjoy the wholesome fluff and comedy the series gives us, and the characters are great so its still enjoyable to see them interact. However they blitzed through the romance aspects so quickly that now there really isn't anywhere else they can go without injecting artificial drama or dragging things out unnecessarily.

They could seriously do an epilogue next week and time skip to all of the characters being older and I don't think we would miss anything. They've already established all of the side character relationships, so they could easily just show who ends up with who and I don't think we would lose anything story-wise.

Last edited:
We also got some pretty good emotional beats in the second half of the episode, even if its from a character that is completely forgettable. However this episode really just solidifies that I'm having the same issues here in the anime that I did with the manga.
Exactly how I feel, I love Hori and Miyamura but it's already hard to care for the side characters we have and then they expect me to care about **looks up name** Makio Tanihara...? And I should care fast enough that the emotional "punch" 3 quarters into the ep should already effect me? I'm sorry show but you should be aware that you are not that good at making me care about new people that fast...

well this season has succeeded in lowering my level of respect for this series I originally had just from watching the OVA's, it's a full fledged season, but it really feels like it's lacking a focused direction ever since............you know.........

At this point it's like a large crowd looking at a fish out of water as we wait for it to eventually die.

Last edited:

I literally cannot. I want to drop this, so bad. This is one of the only shows I've watched where I have this unbelievable urge to drop it. But I can't. I must persevere.

Last edited:
I adore Miyamura's positive way of thinking (although some may think he's just too naive, but he's just that much kind)

And oh my Hori-san, what are you doing to Miyamura with your violent kinks haha of course he'll do anything for you but you can just feel how much he suffers, poor guy

I adore Miyamura's positive way of thinking (although some may think he's just too naive, but he's just that much kind)

And oh my Hori-san, what are you doing to Miyamura with your violent kinks haha of course he'll do anything for you but you can just feel how much he suffers, poor guy
I couldn’t agree more with this comment ❤️

Back