SK8 the Infinity

ep 6-7
well episode 6 was a lot of fun, in general. it's been a long time since i've seen a 'downtime' episode so fun, and it's very rare there's a 'beach' episode I actually have a lot of fun with.

can't help but wonder if miya is mildly influenced by killua. YES there are many anime characters with slight catboy motifs out there, but there's something specific about the expressions etc, mischievous nature, being a child a cut above the rest. anyway it's a mild connection at best just think there might be a bit of killua dna injected there.

"overconfidence is poison, but confidence is power" wonder if that's the line between langa and reki. reki really came out to the adam competition without knowing fully, whereas langa adjust and adapts and was confident after seeing the real deal.

ALSO someone has to point out
the foreshadowing that's obvious in hindsight

kkiUWrLJ_o.jpg

r9wTXLI3_o.jpg

KewauhRl_o.jpg

xtPesYrh_o.jpg

7LeVAYEq_o.jpg

g1ED7xKP_o.jpg

2cfSwWgl_o.jpg

WCJ8GxZS_o.jpg

uu10Xj7F_o.jpg

S9aHAIq5_o.jpg

7XyyS9Ed_o.jpg

down to the wording of the final confrontation being pretty similar actually

4CkHFHg4_o.jpg

j3ztKSfN_o.jpg

gzkVtwQj_o.jpg

LvVKX5j0_o.jpg

so while Langa breaks a promise here not to skate with adam again.....

reki also breaks a pretty major promise/statement he made in episode 3

QdXl63Fv_o.jpg

7LEnViGm_o.jpg

I'm betting it's going to be miya giving him a talk or being really disappointed in him about this because his narrative is so cohesively tied into what reki is going through right now
This is so cool

Can't one simply enjoy sports without comparing themselves to others.
I mean it is kind of a more realistic issue that this happens. It's an ugly thing but this show has always had a realism to how it portrays the nuances of the sport of skating even if everything else is over the top and fun. I personally don't mind it much.

But, having it take up the whole episode was a bit much.

This is so cool

I mean it is kind of a more realistic issue that this happens. It's an ugly thing but this show has always had a realism to how it portrays the nuances of the sport of skating even if everything else is over the top and fun. I personally don't mind it much.

But, having it take up the whole episode was a bit much.
Yes, I just got pissed it took up the whole episode. I am not into melodrama if that wasn't obvious. I understand that he is frustrated with Langa but for them to drag it out the whole episode. Yes we understand he is pissed, dont prove it for the whole 20minutes. They could have just gave dio adam more screen time.

i cant wait until this anime inevitably blows up, it's too good not to talk about with other people :) im looking forward to seeing where it goes from here (ep. 7) since things are really beginning to pick up here!

Episode 7:
While it did take a whole episode, its undeniable that Reki is upset at how much better Langa is at skate-boarding than he is. It really brings up that whole talent versus hard work argument. Adam did get some story focus in the episode, though it wasn't a super lot. Being forced to give up the things you love while you are younger kind of sucks, although he did come back to skate-boarding at some point. And then the two main characters say good-bye in the rain, like this is a scene from Bleach. Here's to the next episode being a bit more happier though.

I hate this, man. I’m literally crying
My heart breaks for Reiki.
Even though he was upset, he kept smiling.
And I don’t even care about the tournament, I just want Reiki & Langa to make up again, and for Reiki to realize his worth

Last edited:
Episode 8
I just want Reiki and Langa to talk it out. Langa clearly missed Reki this episode.

Also, go Tadashi. Please beat Adam or teach either Langa or Reki how to. I'm curious as to how his and Adam's relationship ended up from him reaching him skate boarding to what it is now.

I wasn't expecting Langa to realize his feeling for Reki

Not sure if I want Joe or Langa to win

VII - She calls up her friends, They already know, And they've all got tickets to see his show

Yeah, okay, guys.
GhuX14t.png

17MypG3.png

DTputW4.png

That's a little hamfisted. I love this show, but that's a bit too stupid even for me XD

In any case, good episode. It's kinda depressing not seeing langa and reki on the same page for a whole episode though. At least it wasn't all spent with them wallowing in dis pair.

Seeing joe's skating technique was really cool though, it's about damn time, too. His brute force style definitely suits him, that jumping off the wall shit was insane though. You have to have pretty incredible force to change your momentum totally perpendicularly like that.

RIP Harry, whoever you were.

Alternate side arc with Reki as a dirt biker when?

Reki turning mechanic support for Langa the Prodigy - who called this? Yaboi did, yes he did. This is a really, really cool direction for a sports show to take, by the way. Normally, you'd have the MC jockeying for lead with his best friend-turned-rival and getting all jealous and petty and stuff, but here, it looks like they're going to do something completely different by having the MC be okay with being a support character. When's the last time that happened? There was an abnormal amount of focus on Reki's absence here - the special wheels he fixed for Langa's board, Langa pining, Miya pining, that talk show segment with the shoemaker... jeez, at this point, I'd be even more surprised if Reki actually went back to skating professionally instead of finding a new life as a mechanic.

Fudgin' love, love, love the Snake reveal even if the hints leading up to it were heavy. It gets especially cooler when towards the end of the OP where they're showing the other side characters in a quick montage, you see Tadashi's back as Adam's driver/manslave transition to his side profile as Snake at Crazy Rock. Also just absolutely lost it when they just oh-so-subtly dropped the big reveal that it was Snake who taught Adam the ways of the board - some real "I created a monster" stuff going on now and the twists keep coming and the twists keep coming.

Adam was in top form this week, watch him almost climax reading Snow's name then get absolutely blue-balled when Joe came up next. It'll be Adam and Cherry Blossom in the next round, mark my words.

Getting some mean Fast and the Furious vibes right now from this, by which I mean SK8 the Infinity is my new favorite soap opera.

Can someone please repeatedly beat me over the head with an Oxford dictionary so I don't have to deal with the pain that was the last 2 episodes?

Last edited:
Langa and Reki who, I'm caught up in the Tadashi and Adam drama

Not going to lie, I'm surprised to see no one else mention the absolutely warped segment at the start of this where we learn where Adam gets his warped concept of love from. I mean, I guess it's not entirely unexpected. And a little heavy handed but. INTERESTING TO ME.

I love the 'we had a fucked up relationship where I was a child servant for you, another child, and your family beat you and destroyed your hobbies and I wasn't in a position to help you now we have a lot of weird animosity and social and emotional barriers between us' even if it's not..... subtle.

Also I admit, maybe I missed it, but was it ever mentioned what company corruption/legal issues actually happened with the Shindo family? Is it intentionally vague? Honestly I don't understand it lol

Look, I'm not saying the Langa + Reki drama wasn't interesting, but I'll admit it played out pretty much how I was expecting. That's not bad! I think it was played well. But it is kind of 'a part we know will happen'

Also loved when the man screamed "I'm falling for you, Daddy!" when Shadow won, surely encapsulating all viewer's feelings.

Langa and Reki who, I'm caught up in the Tadashi and Adam drama

Not going to lie, I'm surprised to see no one else mention the absolutely warped segment at the start of this where we learn where Adam gets his warped concept of love from. I mean, I guess it's not entirely unexpected. And a little heavy handed but. INTERESTING TO ME.

I love the 'we had a fucked up relationship where I was a child servant for you, another child, and your family beat you and destroyed your hobbies and I wasn't in a position to help you now we have a lot of weird animosity and social and emotional barriers between us' even if it's not..... subtle.

Also I admit, maybe I missed it, but was it ever mentioned what company corruption/legal issues actually happened with the Shindo family? Is it intentionally vague? Honestly I don't understand it lol

Look, I'm not saying the Langa + Reki drama wasn't interesting, but I'll admit it played out pretty much how I was expecting. That's not bad! I think it was played well. But it is kind of 'a part we know will happen'
I have mixed feelings about giving Adam some tragic backstory. I think he's pretty much fine as just a perfectly hammy entertaining villain and that's all he really needs to be, I feel like stories try waaaaaaay too often to get us to sympathize or justify how a villain is with a soppy backstory when I don't think that's necessary all the time. So I'm not gonna lie, I'm not sure I'm entirely a fan of that. The whole snake reveal with Tadashi was pretty entertaining as fuck though in a very trashy BL soap opera way, SNEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK.

Adam is so horny over Langa, I'm surprised he's still keeping his shirt on.

Also loved when the man screamed "I'm falling for you, Daddy!" when Shadow won, surely encapsulating all viewer's feelings.

What really amuses me, is their personalized groupies:

egIFu3S.jpg

Just all these tough guys for shadow and just imagining one of them saying I love you daddy is hilarious. Who wouldn't go gay for shadow though.

I don’t even really mind the reki and Langa drama much either when we still get such awesome skateboarding stunts like Joe the bro, using his legs like that lol

Last edited:
@Gens
While I totally understand that perspective, because honestly sometimes things are just good hammy fun...

I am the biggest sucker for tragic backstories. I know this about myself. I can't even justify it because I will fall hook line and sinker for a pasted on tragic backstory that comes later. So I knooooow I'm a sucker haha

Trust me, this whole skating gig is one big cry for help for Adam. With a political crisis looming on the horizon, who the fuck goes "TAKE ME TO CRAZY ROCK" instead of, I don't know, taking care of it? He's bound to self-destruct soon and it's going to end with him returning the favor to his aunts out of love or else dooming himself to be with them for all time. Either way, it's not going to be pretty for him.

Back