Gaming Discussion Thread

I started to play the Danganronpa franchise! Im not that much of a gamer but this is an improvement from playing Minecraft on pacifist mode. :sweat:

I´ve also got into a rabbit hole of RPG maker games. I played: Mad father, Misao and Blood soup. I can't even begin to explain the amount of nostalgia these games brought of staying up late watching mad father gameplay.

Next, I´ll probably fall to the undertale rabbit hole. :hamster:

Finished Spider-Man and all of it's DLC! Great story and solid but mostly standard open world gameplay. Definitely hyped for future installments in the series now since they really went all out on the sequel hooks.
First we have the post credits scene in the base game with Harry floating in a tank, then Silver Lining gives us both Yuri turning evil at the end of the crime scene investigation side quests and Peter starting to train Miles as a nice post credits scene there. Speaking of the story (main story specifically) I actually wound up feeling really bad for some of the villains by the end. Mister Negative went through some seriously horrifying experimentation as a kid, Norman Osborn wanted to save his son from the incurable disease that killed his wife, and Doc Ock just wanted to beat his own incurable disease that was destroying his motor functions... though in the last case his obsession with vengeance resulted in him unleashing an airborne disease that killed a bunch of people including Aunt May so I don't have as much sympathy for him. Aunt May's death scene was a massive gut punch too... man the last part of the main story was feels heavy ;-;
Probably going to pick up Miles Morales soon, I'm really excited to play it!

Oh, don't know if anyone here plays Animal Crossing New Horizons but I'll leave my dream address here in case anyone wants to check out my town~
DA-9674-5812-3890

Also Dragon Quest Tact is coming out in a week which means I'll be sucked into yet another mobile gacha game... This makes four...

Finished Spider-Man and all of it's DLC! Great story and solid but mostly standard open world gameplay. Definitely hyped for future installments in the series now since they really went all out on the sequel hooks.
First we have the post credits scene in the base game with Harry floating in a tank, then Silver Lining gives us both Yuri turning evil at the end of the crime scene investigation side quests and Peter starting to train Miles as a nice post credits scene there. Speaking of the story (main story specifically) I actually wound up feeling really bad for some of the villains by the end. Mister Negative went through some seriously horrifying experimentation as a kid, Norman Osborn wanted to save his son from the incurable disease that killed his wife, and Doc Ock just wanted to beat his own incurable disease that was destroying his motor functions... though in the last case his obsession with vengeance resulted in him unleashing an airborne disease that killed a bunch of people including Aunt May so I don't have as much sympathy for him. Aunt May's death scene was a massive gut punch too... man the last part of the main story was feels heavy ;-;
Probably going to pick up Miles Morales soon, I'm really excited to play it!

May's death scene made me choke up so hard. It didn't come as a total surprise but her final dialogue with Peter especially was so heart-wrenching with how she knew about his secret identity, how proud Uncle Ben would have been and the decision Pete ultimately had to make to save the city but lose one of the very few people he truly cared about in the process. It also happens right on the heels of Ock's betrayal who Pete had seen as a father figure so it's extra tragic.
I just loved the game's story. It was pure Spider-Man and better than any movie could ever hope to be (except maybe Spider-Verse). Miles Morales is gonna be a blast and has none of the open world fatigue you mentioned because it's shorter.

Last edited:
Couldn't decide what to start yesterday, so I didn't play anything. I don't suppose today is going to be any different. I'd play Disco Elysium that I got for free, but there seems to be a lot of reading, and idk if I have the braincells for that.

Last edited:
So I ended up throwing a curveball at my own plans and started a hardcore platformer called Electronic Super Joy. I guess I was due for one of these sooner or later, it's like a dormant itch or something. Anyway, it's pretty good - solid level design, responsive controls and a neat techno soundtrack. Apparently it's short and sweet, too.

Probably won't blaze through it because it's pretty challenging, though, so I might still start RE1 in tandem anyway.

Couldn't decide what to start yesterday, so I didn't play anything. I don't suppose today is going to be any different. I'd play Disco Elysium that I got for free, but there seems to be a lot of reading, and idk if I have the braincells for that.
Disco Elysium feels like something I'd definitely enjoy, but it does seem to be a dense read for sure so I also end up putting it off time and time again. I kind of need to be in just the right mood for one of those. Someday, for sure...

Disco Elysium feels like something I'd definitely enjoy, but it does seem to be a dense read for sure so I also end up putting it off time and time again. I kind of need to be in just the right mood for one of those. Someday, for sure...
Well, I just played a little bit, just to try it out, and there is a lot of reading (not "Pillars of Eternity" lot, but a lot). But it seems interesting, and it's one of those part sad, part funny ones. And it shouldn't be too long, so bit by bit I'll finish it.

I finished building my new PC two days ago, and I am finally ready to fully migrate to it after getting files and shit ready for transfer. This old machine has been with me for about 8 years now without upgrade (not including adding SSDs and swapping a dead graphics card for another of nearly identical performance), and I am finally, FINALLY, able to put it aside. It served me well for about 6 years, and it was a real pain in the arse this last one culminating in that replacement card dying December of last year as a final fuck you before decommission.

It's back to playing games now! For 3 weeks, I've barely been able to touch any. There was, however, one game that I still played.
Bad North.
A little, isometric, real time tactics game where you control up to 4 commanders and their units, per island, fighting off invading Vikings. I very much enjoyed my time playing and beating it as the game did its best to ruin my day.
The challenge was fairly consistent, rising each time a new enemy was introduced, but this could be hampered if you're struggling with some of the islands; coins are needed to upgrade your troops and their abilities, and this money is obtained from each building you save. Of course, you can just play with the replay island setting on (which I did as Iron Man modes scare me).
This game gets a nice recommended from me! It's simple, fun, and provides enough challenge to keep you thinking about what to do next.
One thing though, fuck those brute archers!

Hopes and dreams for the Resident Evil Showcase? It's supposed to focus on Village, but apparently they'll be sharing other news for the franchise as a whole.

I believe one of the things that leaked from Capcom weeks ago was Resident Evil 4 Remake, and seeing that would be a massive nostalgia rush for me even if it's just a tiny teaser. It may be the only mainline RE that I ever played, but I played it to death.

---
Also, I'm almost done with the aforementioned platformer. Just gotta do one more level deathless, and it might be a chore because it's trippy as hell.

Some dude on a PS forum scared me because his estimate for how long the game took him to complete was like 50 hours, but clearly he must have been extra bad at it because I suck and still got to the end in like... 10?

Hopes and dreams for the Resident Evil Showcase? It's supposed to focus on Village, but apparently they'll be sharing other news for the franchise as a whole.

I believe one of the things that leaked from Capcom weeks ago was Resident Evil 4 Remake, and seeing that would be a massive nostalgia rush for me even if it's just a tiny teaser. It may be the only mainline RE that I ever played, but I played it to death.

---
Also, I'm almost done with the aforementioned platformer. Just gotta do one more level deathless, and it might be a chore because it's trippy as hell.

Some dude on a PS forum scared me because his estimate for how long the game took him to complete was like 50 hours, but clearly he must have been extra bad at it because I suck and still got to the end in like... 10?
Turns out there's a surprise PS5 demo for Village called "Maiden", but sounds like it's similar to RE7's demo with it being some kind of original scenario with no combat. I'm trying to download it right now but I think the demand broke PSN!

And it looks like some of the articles I saw phrased that wrong cause Playstation themselves actually said the demo is coming "later today". Agh...

Last edited:
RE8 Maiden demo is good shit. Short as expected but the atmosphere is top notch. Looking forward to seeing what the main game does with the vampire stuff! As much as I want to play the full game in 4K HDR, I'll probably go with the PC version this time around. I have a lot of trouble aiming in the PS4 versions of RE7 and RE2 remake and if my PC can run the game (which it definitely should) I'd rather not deal with my shitty console aiming skills. Since they're coming out with a second demo in spring on all platforms I'll use that as a test.

Speaking of Resident Evil I've been getting back into Dreamcast games lately while I wait for my copy of Miles Morales to arrive, and I'm a little tempted to try Code Veronica since I have it loaded on my SD card. Probably won't make it very far though since I absolutely suck at oldschool RE but maybe the real time camera will be just a bit easier than the still image fixed angles of the earlier games.

As for other Dreamcast stuff I've been playing lately I'm finally replaying Soul Reaver again (just got to the Cathedral), messed around in some arcade stuff like Mr. Driller and NBA on NBC (which turned out to be surprisingly fun! It's a nice 3D NBA Jam game), and also started playing Skies of Arcadia finally. Made it to Valua, it's been an absolute blast but I've been playing it in short bursts cause I've still been struggling to focus on just one single game lately (strangely Spiderman PS4 was the one exception to this as of late).

Well, I just played a little bit, just to try it out, and there is a lot of reading (not "Pillars of Eternity" lot, but a lot). But it seems interesting, and it's one of those part sad, part funny ones. And it shouldn't be too long, so bit by bit I'll finish it.
ef15af3e8e8a04ed312179be13396998ee06e86c.jpg

Is this the moment everyone falls in love with the game? Because if not, it should be.

I don't care what else is going on this year, Capcom already won everything by putting a tall vampire lady in RE8. It coming out on PS4 is pretty great too since it's still pretty uncertain when I actually buy a PS5.

Started playing Far Cry Primal and it's the first FC I've actually stuck with for more than a few hours. It's a Ubisoft game so collectathons up the ass, forgettable side quests and camp/outpost raids but the setting is interesting and I can ride sabertooth tigers. Playing FPS games on console is still a nightmare to me but this seems to be focusing more on melee combat (so far).

Started playing Far Cry Primal and it's the first FC I've actually stuck with for more than a few hours. It's a Ubisoft game so collectathons up the ass, forgettable side quests and camp/outpost raids but the setting is interesting and I can ride sabertooth tigers. Playing FPS games on console is still a nightmare to me but this seems to be focusing more on melee combat (so far).

Primal is really underrated. I actually dug the more focus on survival aspects and even the whole beast spirituality thing even if it's just cavemen tripping balls. The melee is garbage IMO. Just light and heavy attacks, no dodging or blocking and hit detection can act up sometimes. Thankfully other weapons like arrows and spears work fine. Animal buddies never get old. Ride your own prehistoric battle cat and pet them after slaughtering your enemies. Good times.

Shame a lot of folks dismissed it because of the lack of guns and vehicles. Needs more love.

Primal is really underrated. I actually dug the more focus on survival aspects and even the whole beast spirituality thing even if it's just cavemen tripping balls. The melee is garbage IMO. Just light and heavy attacks, no dodging or blocking and hit detection can act up sometimes. Thankfully other weapons like arrows and spears work fine. Animal buddies never get old. Ride your own prehistoric battle cat and pet them after slaughtering your enemies. Good times.

Shame a lot of folks dismissed it because of the lack of guns and vehicles. Needs more love.

Yeah, coming off the DOOM and Shadow Warrior reboots this game has quite awkward melee combat especially because of a missing dodge function. A mammoth running towards me at full speed is mostly the end of me because I can't get out of the way and most other animals hack you to death while you're going backwards trying to heal. It's gotten better with a few upgrades (at least the two-handed club kills most enemies in one swing) and my black jaguar is stealthing everything before I even get the chance to loose an arrow lol.

My copy of Miles Morales arrived and I've been playing the hell out of it. It's pretty great stuff! I especially love the visuals and non-existent loading times. As for the gameplay it's largely the same but even more refined and a bit of tweaks here and there. The new venom moves are especially fun to use and it's nice that some of the functions that had to be unlocked in skill trees in the previous game are available right off the bat. Glad that the map towers are gone too. Before I forget, the haptic feedback is used really well here too! The adaptive trigger features are really subtle but that combined with the haptics is really neat in this game.

Was also nice to see that there's an option to upgrade the Launch Edition to the Ultimate Launch Edition for (I think) 20 dollars. Maybe I'll do that when I'm in the mood to replay the previous game.

Played through Sekiro again with a new save because it's more fun to collect prayer beads, level up with your victories and exploration actually being necessary. Gotta say Orangutan's shinobi outfit looks sexy af and those gauntlets man, Inner Genichiro is a real boss again. It's always fun to see a guy you've humiliated countless times at this point come back with some new tricks and the dance starts all over again.

Played a bit of Resident Evil Code Veronica on my dreamcast and shockingly enough, I managed to actually progress to the Palace area. Though I'm already close to restarting because I somehow forgot to pick up the combat knife (despite the fact that it's in the very first room you start out in). I might try to keep going since I'm actually doing pretty okay on supplies and we'll see how far I get but I seriously feel so stupid that I missed an item that was so obviously visible.

I'll probably have to tweak some of my TerraOnion MODE settings too because there seems to be a glitch where I can't look into the room with the skeleton painting in the Military Training Facility. It just flickers for a split second for some reason. I do know Code Veronica is a bit buggy on optical drive emulators (mainly on the GDEmu and on that it's only on older firmware/clone boards that are stuck to older firmware) so maybe I just need to change the settings for read speed and such to make it more hardware accurate. Not like I can do much in that room anyway though since I have to clear out the air in there to even enter in the passcode or re-enter the room itself.

Been a while since I played anything on PC/Steam, but today I started a Souls-like metroidvania called Unworthy and I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far.

There's a nice sense of progression to it with the new weapons, passive skill upgrades and leveling up, plus it provides a decent challenge but not to the point where I'm playing it on edge - which wouldn't be a bad thing either, but I was feeling like a slightly more relaxed experience today so this fits the bill. Oh, and I guess managing a stamina bar will be useful practice for when I actually tackle Dark Souls.

Level design is also solid and I dig the whole bleak + minimalistic aesthetic. The "story"/lore are whatever, but that's not why I play these anyway.

Reactions: Zed
Back