[ANSWERED]Reasoning behind tag limitations on trigger warnings?

G

Hi, on the tag submission page it says : "Remember that this tag must be the primary focus of the title - if it's something that only happens in a few episodes or is a minor point, it would not be tagged"

I think this is problematic for trigger warnings like abuse, violence, torture, etc. and I would like you to reconsider your definition for these. Rape, non-con and dub-con are unfortunately a very common trope in anime and manga, but not a systematic one fortunately, and lots of anime don't have that tag here when trigger warnings are common in other circles of fandom. I've only watched 12 episodes of Black Butler and it already has Animal Abuse, Physical Abuse and Sexual Abuse, Dubious Consent, Murder and abuse, torture and violence in general are recurring themes. Yet they're not "the primary focus" of the title (like Europe isn't imo yet it's got a tag but that's another point), a definition which may not quite work with episodic stories rather than big arcs BTW. Also Ciel's rape is heavily implied but not explicitly shown and if showing a 13-year old being repeatedly raped is what it takes to add the tag well I think this seriously deserves some second thought. So, while I can understand limiting tags as a practical choice, I think there needs to be a difference between tags on general subject matters (supernatural, historical) and trigger warnings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, on the tag submission page it says : "Remember that this tag must be the primary focus of the title - if it's something that only happens in a few episodes or is a minor point, it would not be tagged"
Trigger tags do not follow this rule, they are tagged on single appearances that are strong enough for the tag to be applied.

Back