What Is The Best Invention Of The Last 50 Years?

I think the best invention is robot technology. We can send our robots anywhere in the solar system where we can't go.

Why are most ppl posting about things that were around way before 1968?
First computer game appeared in 1947 and while it's true that there were no consoles before 1972, how is it THAT big of a deal? Taking the PC vs consoles holy war to new and disproportionate heights, aren't we?
Computers have been around since at least XIX. And even if you meant electronic ones, they appeared way earlier than 1968 too obviously.
Doesn't it faze anyone that robots are so popular in silent movies? Not only have they been around for millennia, but even if we are talking about the modern variations, they appeared decades before 1968 once again.
Kinda confused why ppl don't read the question?

Anyway, it's too hard to pinpoint a single invention. Nor am I a man of science to give such calls. The decoding of human genome pops into mind. Problem is, it wouldn't be possible without the 80s inventions, which were based on another theory once again. And so it goes.

Last edited:
Smoke detector possibly. but at the time frame it cuts out the other inventions that I thought was more cool such as Polio vaccine, microwaves and TV remotes. let's not forget the bestest of all time, running water and electricity! even indoor plumbing.

Back