Anime-Planet Secret Santa 2020

@animelurv - Thank you for the recommendations. I peeked at your anime list, and now I kind of understand why we were a little bit of a mismatch. Nevertheless I really enjoyed the Secret Santa movement on this site. So I will sign up next year as well.

Thanks @ermo for the picks! I am just on the verge of finishing Orange, and I will pop some thoughts about it as soon as possible. As for the other shows, I will watch them in due time too. I am planning on watching Rainbow soon after Orange.

If you liked them, you can take a look at my watched list and get inspiration from there any time in the future as well. ;) There is this very nice "compare list" function of this site, that was very useful for me whan I had to send in the recommendations.

Apologies to my Secret Santa for waiting so long to post here, been really busy xp. I've started to watch Zankyou no Terror and Inuyashiki and am loving both of them so far, definitely up my alley so you picked them just right. I plan to get to HxH afterwards since it's gonna be a longer watch for sure, but I've heard good things so I'm looking forward to it. Also Gantz is another one that's been on my radar so I'm glad I now have an excuse to stop procrastinating on it lol. Thanks for the recommendations, and happy holidays *<:D!

oh my, I just saw the previous posts, sorry
Seriously, seriously, I'm so glad I made good recommendations and that you enjoyed them :hamster:
and of course when you have time I hope you enjoy HXH as much as I do

It seems my Santa only watched 1 out of the 3 recs they gave me, (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU) but whoever they are, I thank them once again for the recs. :)

As for my own recipient, @sexualcelery I'm sorry that 2 of my recs seem to have been a "bust" but I'm happy you at least liked Kimi ni Todoke. It was EXTREMELY hard for me to find recs for you, considering what I originally was going to recommend to you, you've already watched. :sweat: I was panicking trying to find stuff, but since you said you were fine with most genre's, I figured some favorites of mine that you haven't watched would be ok. Anyway, hope you had a good Christmas/Happy Holidays.

PS: A big thank you to those of you who chose to be my "extra credit" Santa's, and to those of you who chose to be my "adoptive" recipients! :balloon:

Hey @224pika I'm your santa this time! I'm so happy that you like my recommendations! The opening theme song to how heavy are the dumbbells you lift gets me pumped up too! Sorry you hurt your back. I know to well how that can lay you up for a bit. Hopefully it is better now. A friend of mine recommend this show to me a few months back and I have been working out since. Down 20 lbs so far.

Glad you stuck with claymore too. Sorry for the slow starting one but definitely worth it in the end.

And Blue Gender I really enjoy too. I hope the do a reboot or a spin off.

Hope your Christmas time was merry and you got to spend a lot of time with your loved ones. Heal up and kill it in the new year!

Dear Secret Santa,

I have managed to finish all three recommendations you gave me and here is what I thought of each one.

1. Claymore
At first I found the show kind of hard to get into and was ready to drop it a few episodes in. However, after making it through the eighth episode, the show began to peak my interest and I found myself wanting to watch more. I loved the charcter development and how the show makes it difficult at times to distinguish who truly are the evil ones. The fight scenes were pretty good too.

2. Blue Gender
This show reminded me a lot of the Starship Troopers series (one of my favorite sci fy franchise's). The blood and gore was a bit intense at times, but I couldn't put the show down. I'm not too big a fan of mecha anime, but I would definetly watch a sequel or remake of this show if the creators decided to make one.

3. How Heavy Are the Dumbells You Lift
I found the show to be both funny and educational. I learned a lot about weight lifting and the muscles involved in each exercise. I will admit that I tried one of the more basic exercises, but ended up throwing out my back (guess I have to be more careful). Also I absolutley loved how catchy the opening theme is. I now listen to it on my IPod when I exercise to help get me motivated.

Overall, I thought that all three series were great choices and I'm glad that watched them. Thank you for the great recommendations, and I hope you have a happy and safe holiday season.

Sincerely,
224pika

Thank you, Secret Santa. I do not know who you are, but I appreciate what you provided. Merry Christmas!

@zala Thank you for the great recommendations. while I was only able to get to 2 out of 3 of your recommendations, what I saw was top notch and I'm already familiar with the manga for children of the sea so I will most likely enjoy that one too. Thank you for making this secret santa a great experience for me.

It was fun picking these out for you, I hope that we can meet again next year.

Since I figured out my SS pretty early this year, I feel like I'll be sad not knowing next year. If only I get someone really talkative next year again.

My recipient didn't watch any of my stuff, but I'm pretty sure anyone who knows me guessed who it was when they posted this.

I got these:
1. Sengoku Basara
2. Symphogear
3. Gurren Lagann

I haven't seen any of these animes yet and I'm really excited to start them, so thank you to my secret santa!

Like that is the standard Redneck anime platter right there.

Last edited:
Ash606 gave recommendations to StarPlatnum23
@Ash606 I would like to say thank you so much for the picks. Even though I only got around to watching one of the picks, Doukyuusei, I highly enjoyed the movie and I will eventually get to the other 2 picks in 2021. Hope you enjoyed your picks from your SS as well.

StarPlatinum23 gave recommendations to WeebPlanet2

Even though I only saw @WeebPlanet2 post about signing up for Secret Santa, I stalked their page and saw that they watched one of my picks so that was good enough for me lol. They even gave it 5/5 stars so that was even better.

This was my first time playing Secret Santa and I can't wait to play this again in 2021. Hope everyone enjoyed their picks and Happy New Year!

@tigian No problem, I'm really glad you enjoyed them! Having said that I think I should also be thanking you as I definitely wasn't expecting such detailed feedback on my recommendations and I had a great time reading your reviews!

Sorry to hear you disliked Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers however that was a last minute change from Re:zero as I noticed you didn't watch many shows of the Isekai genre and was worried recommending both Konosuba and Re:zero would be too much isekai xD

Last edited:
@tigian No problem, I'm really glad you enjoyed them! Having said that I think I should also be thanking you as I definitely wasn't expecting such detailed feedback on my recommendations and I had a great time reading your reviews!

Sorry to hear you disliked Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers however that was a last minute change from Re:zero as I noticed you didn't watch many shows of the Isekai genre and was worried recommending both Konosuba and Re:zero would be too much isekai xD

yep its a genre I haven't explored much, in the past I tried some that I don't have on my list, but they either went full echi or full stupid, and from then I still haven't found some that interested me.

Back