What anime do you think is good but couldn't finish watching

Monster. Absolutely loved what I watched/read of it but I've never managed to finish the whole series in either anime or manga form.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes. That series is a right proper space operatic with amazing characters, beautiful music, a compelling story, and tense pacing that is a proper joy to watch...

I know how this feels, but I do not believe the number of episodes here is the problem. I have watched 900+ of Detective Conan and never felt overwhelmed, but LotGH is on another level and requires higher IQ to handle it. It is still the best space opera I have watched on visual medium (including non-cartoon media), but after two seasons, I needed some lighthearted comedy to relax my brain. LotGH is definitely a show I plan to continue watching one day.

Too many to recall, but will try to list some at least:
My Hero Academia: I had a similar problem with Nolan's Dark Knight. It's hard to take superheroes so seriously. Seems too childish.
Before Green Gables: Prequel to my top1, authored by a different, more modern writer and director. A simple, kid-friendly story as opposed to the deep and more family oriented original, that had a larger than life agenda to convey.
Irresponsible Captain Tylor: Too goofy for me.
A Little Princess Sara: Another childish instead of a family oriented show. Discussing grave matters in such a naive way.
Boys Over Flowers: Girls oriented. I prefer a more realistic style as well.
Starship Operators: Don't remember exactly, but was plain boring in general.
Wellber no Monogatari: Sisters of Wellber: Little fairy-like creatures with their over the top reactions don't strike me as interesting to begin with.
Seishun Anime Zenshuu: Not enough of the stories are actually any good.
Your lie in April: Another predictable and naive anime like any other. Too unoriginal.

Last edited:
From a New World: The genre this show fits in is exactly my cup of tea, but I couldn't get myself to finish it.

Legend of Galactic Heroes: I really enjoyed the few episodes of this show I had watched. Still stalled it anyway.

Great Teacher Onizuka: The secondhabd embrassment took me out.

Back